ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RCA Studios. Los Ángeles, CA - May 18, 1965
© 2002
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Johnny Cash Box Set (NSC) Return to archive
12-25-03 09:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Holy fucking shit.

It's... it's just not even worth talking about. You have to experience it.

-tSYX --- Don't know that I will, but until love can find me...
12-26-03 11:34 AM
Sir Stonesalot I know how you feel.

I listened to the whole thing yesterday after I got home from work. The last note spilled out of my earphones at a little after 2AM.

And the BOOK!!! Holy SHIT! It's worth buying the box just for the damn book. The picture of Joe Strummer, with his head laid on Johnny's chest...like he was trying to get as close to Johnny's heart as possible....ugh. What a hella good picture. I'm gonna email the photographer and see how much a full sized print would cost. I NEED to have one.

Someday I'd like to meet Rick Rubin and shake his hand. Rick has done some fine work in his career, but this absolutely has to be his highlight. It was such a simple thought...just let Johnny sing songs, and focus the production on his voice...put that amazing voice to the very front. There could be no music at all and the voice would still make the songs beautiful. Still, having Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and The Red Devils as your backing band ain't a bad idea either. And I liked pretty much all of the duets too.

Look y'all, ifn santa didn't bring you the Johnny Cash "Unearthed" box set, go get it. I know, it's really expensive. Bite the bullet and get it anyway. Beg, borrow, or steal. This is a must have.