ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RCA Studios. Los Ángeles, CA - May 18, 1965
© 2002
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Starlover, Starlover Return to archive
12-25-03 11:27 AM
morocco I feel that the marriage of words and music has never been more successful than on the Stones' "Star, Star."

To the casual listener, the song begins as an innocuous Chuck Berry teenage anthem, maybe about cars or girls.

Then Mick Jagger sings "starlover starlover"* batantly, clearly, and indifferently, making the lyrics even more sleazy and shocking because of their sugary surroundings.

It's kind of like Hayley Mills insouciantly removing her top and panties during a Walt Disney movie: it's the last thing you expect so it stands out more.

*The lyrics have been censored because of the children perusing this site on Christmas day.
12-25-03 12:06 PM
SHINE A LIGHT to aid the children on this site today, i shall refrain from stating the real song title.

all mick is saying is: why is my wife messing another while i'm away!!!!!!!

it's really that simple.
12-25-03 12:15 PM
Mr. D Nice work, SHINE A LIGHT. Simplicity in its finest form.
12-25-03 09:34 PM
SHINE A LIGHT thank you kindly!!
12-27-03 05:28 PM
Jumping Jack Mick riding the giant cock during Star Star in 75 was the absolute pinnacle of their live performances, long before the bad boys turned PC.

Can you imagine that sort of spectacle today?

NO WAY, JOSE!
12-27-03 05:47 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
morocco wrote:

To the casual listener, the song begins as an innocuous Chuck Berry teenage anthem, maybe about cars or girls.

Then Mick Jagger sings "starlover starlover"* batantly, clearly, and indifferently, making the lyrics even more sleazy and shocking because of their sugary surroundings.

No offense, morocco, but you obviously haven't spent a lot of time listening to Chuck Berry if you think that they're innocuous and sugary.

12-27-03 07:47 PM
Taptrick I think when Mick hits the chorus of CS BLues it even hits you harder than the Star, Star...especially that 2nd CS chorus on the original - he is screaming that out.