ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RCA Studios. Los Ángeles, CA - May 18, 1965
© 2002
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Philly First Union Show Return to archive
12-23-03 08:57 PM
Steel Wheels I'm listening to this right now - what memories it brings back! Keef plays some mean licks, lots of roll in this rock show.

They must have known I was in the crowd!

My recording of it is not so great, but the energy and emotion comes through. This is the perfect gift in my mail box after a long and tedious day.

The Rolling Stones. Ever and always, the greatest of the greatest. And in my home town. YEAH!
12-23-03 10:31 PM
Mr. D Yes, fine memories indeed! What a great, great, show. The energy carried out through the whole show-my favorite part about it is the huge ovation the opening piano of "Monkey Man" gets, sends chills up my spine.
12-24-03 02:16 PM
Nasty Habits My favorite time seeing the Rolling Stones ever.

12-24-03 02:21 PM
nankerphelge Mine too!
12-24-03 02:41 PM
T&A I have nice aud DVD of that one - good show, for sure...
12-24-03 03:04 PM
Jumping Jack The DVD is a must have!
12-24-03 03:23 PM
glencar It IS one of the better DVDs. I liked the show but I liked a few others more.
12-24-03 03:44 PM
Steel Wheels I haven't been able to find any dvd's of the Philly shows. I have the Tower and FU Center on disc - not the best quality but it works.
12-24-03 03:46 PM
glencar PM me if you want a copy although I won't be able to do it until after the weekend as I'll be away...
12-24-03 06:09 PM
MRD8 Veteran's Stadium and FUC are both available on DVD...
12-26-03 10:39 AM
exilestones@netscape All 3 Philadelphia shows were great. I was surprised better than LA, Chicago or NY. Detroit and Ft Lauderdale were great too.
12-26-03 11:35 AM
marko Philly was great,but its not New York.Better than La,better
than chicago or boston,but not better than New York.
12-27-03 07:36 PM
TomL Ronnie on Love In Vein was great.
12-27-03 09:05 PM
Steel Wheels I'm listening to the FU Center right now - this is a home run. The band is on top of their game.