ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Shooting "I Go Wild" January 1995
Templo de San Lázaro, La Candelaria. México City, D.F.
Premier Appearance of this photo, courtesy of Fernando Aceves to Rocks Off - Gracias Fernando!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vote the most legendary boot! Return to archive
12-30-02 02:33 PM
marko Ok,so far since 1969,theres come out one boot,which has
stayed among the most wanted and best known boots.I pick
one from each tour,so lets vote!
1969:Liver than you´ll ever be
1970:theres a riot going(berlin-70)
1971:Live at leeds
1972:Philadelphia special 1&2
1973:happy birthday nicky
1973:Brussels affair
1975:La-Friday
1976:Paris aux printemps,6.6.76
1978:out on bail&handsome girls
1979:Blind date
1981:Hampton
1982:Shattered in europe
1989:Atlantic city
1990:Steel wheels tokyo
1990:London 7.7.1990,in many names......
1994:washington 1st night
1994:Voódoo kiss(new orleans)
1994:Voodoo at halloween
1995:Voodoo edo,or same show under this name,eastern promise
1997:Gold n glory(chicago 1st night)
1997:St.louis released in many many names
1998:Bremen-1998,,,in many many names
1999:London shows,,,also in many many names
2002;:?

btw if you noticed,,many been released on swingin pig label!
damn i miss those boots.
Did i list all?i know theres come hundreds more,,,but i
think these are the best known ones!
12-30-02 02:35 PM
Soul Survivor Live'r Than You'll Ever Be...

First rock boot where you could hear all the instruments clearly, and it's a great performance!
12-30-02 02:38 PM
jb Nothing is better than Brussels....Sydney 73, and Happy Birthday Nicky...also Handsome Girls is way up there...
12-30-02 03:15 PM
CS For "LEGENDARY" I go without doubt for Liver than you´ll ever be
12-30-02 03:41 PM
jb Sound quality is horrendous on Liver...get real!!!!!!
12-30-02 03:50 PM
Factory Girl Handsome Girls. But, its a tough call to make.
12-30-02 03:57 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff "WELCOME TO NEW YORK"
a b s o l u t e l y
Bye Bye Johnnie-
Sweet Virgina-
Love in Vain....
I grow up with this boot...
12-30-02 04:23 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
CS wrote:
For "LEGENDARY" I go without doubt for Liver than you´ll ever be

I'm with CS -- Legendary extends beyond sound quality, extends beyond even amazing performance, certainly extends beyond the knowledge of a Stones fan that just started getting a bootleg collection a few months ago. Live-R is the boot that started it all, the boot that forced the Stones to put Ya-Ya's out, the boot with the greatest name of all time and an absolutely hilarious and amazing performance on top of it all.

Bootlegs are not just tapes. Bootlegs are objects. And as far as mystical, legendary, "One ring to bind them" type objects go, you can't get much more legendary than a plain white cover with the words "Live-R Than You'll Ever Be" stamped on the front.

"I think we've got a problem, Ronnie!"

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
12-30-02 05:57 PM
sirfito Legendary: Live-R Than You'll Ever Be.

Cheers,
Fito
12-30-02 06:06 PM
Moonisup Brussels 1973

the stones at their best
12-30-02 07:02 PM
Fiji Joe Gotta special place in my heart for Hampton 81...the balloons...the tight pants and football jerseys...and the atmopsphere that night...kicks ass!
12-30-02 07:11 PM
stonedinaustralia when it comes to "legendary", as others have noted,"live-r" is it - no contest

as for the most significant to me - for me, getting my copy of "nasty music" - which is a comp. of "brussels" and "welcome to new york" - was like getting the keys to the highway

then there's all keith's solo stuff that has never been officially released

and i need to get my hands on the complete "live at el mocambo"
12-30-02 07:21 PM
sergey It's very difficult to say what's the best??? I think each bootleg is good from here. I can listen this all bootlegs every time.
12-30-02 07:38 PM
scrotum c10 home Ma Ma , wheres my Pa, gone to the White house, ha , ha, ha !!..definitely the best boot!
12-31-02 01:30 AM
Martha
I only listened to the Brussles affair for the first time on Friday night..Dear GOD, I couldn't believe how gorgeous those guitars were. Stupendous to say the very least. I was thinking of everyone here as I listened to it..(stopping to dance off and on while I was trying to clean house, which just couldn't be helped....LOL! )

I really need to thank those of you who, by sharing your knowledge of the boots and shows, have helped me to navigate the bootleg ropes (which is why I already have a copy of Brussels). I've only been getting boots since September, so I'm very new at all of this. I just love it here especially for this reason.... I learn so much and am getting down into the Rolling Stones and I want to keep going down in...it is wonderful in there! Nice intense and warm...and jiggly...hehe!

Therefore, I vote for Brussels. However, I haven't heard Liver yet, nor do I own a copy, so I'll attempt to trade for it through the 5 of Clubs tree. I may recant then and place it at the top of my list. But, for now, Brussels is killin' me. Stay tuned.
12-31-02 03:09 AM
marko Martha contact me if you all of those i listed+many more.
heh,i forgot completely Welcome to new york,and also i forgot "beast of belgium" 4cd box set,2 belgium shows from
Vl tour.
12-31-02 07:14 AM
luxury1 I recently acquired Wingless Angels (no, not Keith's Rasta buddies). And I just love Mick's deliciously raspy vocals on it (of course, they do not rival Riffhard's). ANd I think the sound is pretty good
12-31-02 11:02 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh man, this is hard....but I'm gonna go with Handsome Girls as my fave.

But Nasty is right...as far as "legendary" goes...it has to be Live'r. I mean, it even got reviewed in RS. I think perhaps Dylan had been booted before Live'r, but Live'r was the title that made boots a "serious" medium.
12-31-02 11:31 AM
Joey " Gotta special place in my heart for Hampton 81...the balloons...the tight pants and football jerseys...and the atmopsphere that night...kicks ass!"

Amen , oh Beer Ti##ed one .......................

Whenever I hear my Hampton ' 81 Boot , I get that " The Party has just started " feeling . I see Barkers and Colored Balloons falling about all around me ...........................and then I get more and more MOIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing ....................

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ J }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

12-31-02 12:10 PM
throbby I take my hat off to Nasty for his boot comments. I would have to say Liver. I remember though in May of '79 going to a record shop in Maryland and buying the "Out On Bail" lp. The feeling I got knowing that I had something you weren't supposed to have. Let me tell you that original lp had some good sound on it.
12-31-02 01:31 PM
Scottfree Time is on my Side Warshington DC circa 1981
12-31-02 02:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot As my good pal Raging GOAT! would say...Coffee, fuck liver.
12-31-02 04:54 PM
Ben Smith I'm also a Boot-rookie...Can anyone help me get a copy of 2 or 3 of the "best", such as Live-R, Hampton 81 or Brussels Affair? I'm also trying to get one from more recent, like Steel Wheels/Voodo Lounge...

I don't have anything really to trade- am happy to send blanks/postage, and a few bucks if neccessary for your time/etc (can't afford to outright "buy" for the $15-$20 apiece that sellers want...)

Can anyone help? I'd be much abliged, to say the least!

-BEN SMITH ([email protected])
01-01-03 12:37 PM
rogerriffin no discuss, LIVER THAN YOU´LL EVER BE. think that was, is , and will be, the best, one of the more wanted, well recorded, and the line: jagger-richards-taylor-wyman-watts, and of course it´s the first rolling stones bootleg in the hystory.
01-01-03 12:48 PM
Juha

Soundboard Woodoggies
01-01-03 01:53 PM
sonicrock liver than and bedspring symphonie and charlie and his faboulus rolling stones and bright light big city
01-01-03 04:56 PM
Stonesprofessor Ive been looking for Brussels myself...but my trading list is purty thin too!Any generous soul out there? PM me if there is!THANKS!
01-01-03 05:02 PM
stewed & Keefed liver than you'll ever be by a mile