ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Shooting "I Go Wild" January 1995
Templo de San Lázaro, La Candelaria. México City, D.F.
Premier Appearance of this photo, courtesy of Fernando Aceves to Rocks Off - Gracias Fernando!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why am I being nominated in the "Craziest Regular Here" category ? Return to archive
12-30-02 02:26 PM
Cardinal Fang Why am I being nominated in the "Craziest Regular Here" category?

I have to get something off of my chest. Back in Sept/Oct, I was the person who provided the bootleg for the very first Rock's Off 2003 Tour tree. It was the Boston 2003 show. Many of you should remember this since two hundred and twenty of you ( 220 ) got copies through the tree. Of the FOUR of you who were nice enough to take the time to Thank me in private or post some sort of Thank you, (Gazza, Maxmiester,Martha, PdogSF) I would like to say, you are welcome. (see Marc, you're not the ONLY one :-) I didn't give this boot out to receive thanks. I did think more than 1.8 percent of those who received it would have said SOMETHING ? Whatever.

Now I'm being nominated in the "Craziest regular here" category ? I read the part where Sir Stonesalot said it was a chance to tell your peers that their efforts are "appreciated".

WTF?

I'm not happy being nominated in this category nor am I too happy about being lumped in with some of the other candidates. For example (no names will be used here) :

1. A woman who is probably right now as we speak on the phone to Madam Cleo getting a terrot card reading about her future with a guy who passed away over 30 years ago.

2. A man who (by your own admission !!) who almost killed you and Jon in August 2001. He also sincerely believes that Chubby Checker should be in the R-n-R hall of fame.

THAT is "crazy".

To be truthful Marc, because of all of this, it's all starting to remind me of a song off of Combat Rock and right now I'm leaning more towards the latter part of the title.

LATER

P.S. Before I go I wanted to thank Gazza for the card ! My best to you & "H" in the new years. Tomorrow night I will have a Guiness stout and toast you, "H" , and the "G-man of Arabia" label ! I'll email you later.

P.P.S. RIP Joe Strummer.

12-30-02 02:33 PM
Soul Survivor yea, why am i in there?
12-30-02 02:46 PM
~AzQb

JiMmYFanG! YoU EmiNent Granola Head!

Silly boy.

Yer crazy HA HA.

Not crazy getmetothesrinkontime.

You've posted so infrequently since giggin I even forgot to include you in a thread to a new poster. Which i regret, because you simply ARe MistERHeavYHiTtErHimSeLf!

Come On! Gimme that JiMiJaMClAshCiTyRoCkA one of a kind smile!

~
12-30-02 03:37 PM
Factory Girl I Don't know "why". I wasn't nominated in any category, and thats ok with me. I think YOU ROCK!! Don't let this bum you out. Happy New Year to you from me.
12-30-02 03:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot I suppose this is my fault for not clearly defining what "craziest" was to mean. I left it to each individual to decide that. Bad move on my part.

I was shooting for insane, but obviously, others took it to mean "zany" or "wacky". Damn gray areas of the english language. I can see how someone would nominate you meaning zany....f holes and avatars....but to put you in the same league as some of the other people that were nominated is, well, crazy.

I too was confused by your nomination in this contest....I kinda thought you would have been nominated in some of the other categories. Take consolation in the fact that no one is voting for you. Like I said before in a different thread, all I did was collect names. And no, I'll not be saying who was on the committee.

Now about the trees.

I did not run my tree for thanks and adulation. I did it to share the music with other fans. That's one of the things I enjoy most about this place. I get to turn people on to stuff and make them happy etc.

The problem was that not everyone who joined the tree was a fan....there were a pile of "traders" too. They weren't really interested in the music, as much as they were interested in "trade value". What pissed me off was not a lack of appreciation, because lots of people were really great about that....it was the people who had the gall to bitch about something that they got for FREE. The other problem that I had was people not following through on their commitments. I ended up sending out 14 sets so far...14 SIX disc sets...and a 15th goes out tomorrow Pammy!...and I didn't ask for a single thing in return.

So, yeah Jimmy, I know where you are coming from.

Hey I need you to email me Jimmy. I tried the email.com addy and it came back to me.

Re: The Clash song on Combat Rock....the former is the way to go. This ain't worth snappin' strings.

The birthday present means more to me now than it ever did. I can't tell you how thankful I am to have that. The day Joe died, I just sat and held that thing for hours. Therapy man.
12-30-02 05:37 PM
Martha
Good to see you on the board Cardinal...and when I saw your nomination in the craziest category I took it to mean wacky and zany like SS said. Your avatar comes to mind...crazy funny..ya' know what I mean. I really love to see you on the board and hope being nominated won't put a damper on your visiting here.

I didn't get nominated for anything...and that feels a certain way too...so smile...for Martha and know I loves ya'!

12-31-02 05:36 PM
Cardinal Fang Marc, April, & The Holy 3...

Sorry but I have to bail. A total of 4 replies (when some of the lamer posts get like 30 + replies) is not a very ringing endorsement now is it? Besides, I AM BELOVED elsewhere so I'll stay there. I'll email you Marc & Gazza next week. Happy New Years.

LATER
12-31-02 05:51 PM
Fiji Joe I have to say, that some people on this board are entirely too dependent on this board to provide them some sense of self-worth...I ain't naming names but it's pretty damn obvious who those people are...This, IMO, borders on mental defectiveness...these people have issues, and not just normal issues, Gary Coleman like issues...

While I agree that Cardinal should have received more "thank you"s than he did, forget about it and move on...I wasn't in any tree so I ain't thanking anyone...But, I will say that Cardinal should be commended for his efforts as I think that anyone who takes the time to spread the music should...So, while I'm at it, I will thank Sir Stonesalot for the umpteenth time for the help he has provided me in expanding my music collection...the guy is all heart...
12-31-02 05:59 PM
littleredrooster Did he get pissed and leave because all the members didn't flood his thread in the last 24 hours???
Too bad!
Loved your avatar
I'll miss him!
12-31-02 06:01 PM
Fiji Joe Yes, the avatar kicks ass...It would seem that it is up for grabs now
12-31-02 06:02 PM
~AzQb

Aw Fuck JimMYJaM!

Come on, man. Don't go getting yer RamonesCoverOfSurfin'Safaribaggies all bunched and shit.

People here took advantage of your generosity and kindness, that's obvious. But man, you've been all over the place touring and haven't been able to post here lately, remember? People's memories on the net are so short,JimMyJaM. It's all the instant and present...like HotPockets and shit. RawKiNgEsT Factory Girl wasn't even nominated for anything! Blatant oversights and memory loss HApPEnS.

And it did here lately.

But you know something, SoUnDMaN?

I for one would be ecstatic if you dived into RocksOff in the Year of The Pie and blessed us with yourself.

You Clash City Rocka You!!!

~
12-31-02 11:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Shit.

01-01-03 09:25 AM
Factory Girl Dear Cardinal, don't get bummed. You know that YOU ARE LOVED and YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND KINDNESS ARE APPRECIATED.

Hugsies from me to you.
01-01-03 11:30 AM
Gazza Come on, Jimmy, mate. I'm sure no malice was intended in any of the nominations and it was aimed at the 'off the wall' nature of the nominees' posts. I think most of those nominated took it that way. Unfortunately a couple didnt, although that wasnt helped by some voters changing their own personal definition of the word "craziest" from "most bizarre" to "biggest fruitcake" which wasnt the intention was SS clearly stated. I think the 'awards' thing was devised with good intentions and wasnt intended to slate or slight anyone.

Thanks for the good wishes and get your ass back here more regularly in 2003.
01-01-03 11:40 AM
Nasty Habits I didn't realize that this was supposed to be the "encourage Fang to hang" thread -- if I had, I would have posted my vote. I only go over to Gasland to read his posts. He doesn't post enough over here. His writing is deft and funny, and he knows a LOT about music. If he is gone from this board for good, I will miss him. But his decision to leave the board based on whether or not people asked him to stay based upon a post that was in the most part adressed personally to Sir Stonesalot seems arbitrary at best - the act of someone wanting to play the martyr.

I guess lots of Catholic holymen have that martyr thing, don't they?

Nasty Habits' first post of 2003 -- a plea for peace.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]