ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Shooting "I Go Wild" January 1995
Templo de San Lázaro, La Candelaria. México City, D.F.
Premier Appearance of this photo, courtesy of Fernando Aceves to Rocks Off - Gracias Fernando!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It's ... It's ... Keith! Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-30-02 03:21 AM
Cant Catch Me Hey, isn't this character the spitting image of Keith? Minus the long, pointed nose and strangely downward pointed ears, of course, but give this guy some black Brillo-pad hair with thingies in it, a cig and a guitar and he's Keith Richards!

If you don't recognize the picture, it's Dobby the house elf from the newest Harry Potter movie. But I think the resemblance to Keith is so uncanny it has to be intentional. Maybe Keith even did some sittings for the caricaturists, it's so close to how he looks these days, older, wrinkled and wizened but still impish with a twinkle in his eye.

Whaddya' think?
12-30-02 03:42 AM
~AzQb

Fuck you.
12-30-02 03:50 AM
beer That is kinda harsh CCM. I don't think Keith gives a shit about all the journalists that slag him cuz of how he looks. Fuck growin old gracefully, he is what he is. Take it or leave it(Aftermath song )
12-30-02 05:16 AM
Cant Catch Me Me, harsh? Now that IS funny! AzBQ, now he's harsh. If you can't see the resemblance, well fine, but if you can't have a little fun when it comes to your favorite bands you're into it too deep.
12-30-02 05:20 AM
egon aaaaah!
sweet monday morning
12-30-02 05:38 AM
beer Awwww, it's all shits and giggles, right? Haha, true, ya ever seen the movie "Labrynth"?

When Keef got outta the blimp, when he was all bloated and shit, i thought he kinda resembled Blootoe
[Edited by beer]
12-30-02 10:37 AM
Cant Catch Me Did you know, AzBQ, that sometimes when our words are angry and we act mad, it means that inside we're really just sad? And I hate to see anybody sad, so after reading your post, AzBQ, I thought, hey, quick, I'll paint a picture to cheer you up. I called it "AzBQ Has A Sad Day," and here it is ...

AzBQ Has A Sad Day

So I hope you "cheer up," AzBQ, and let's see you turn that frown upside down!

12-30-02 10:56 AM
keefa YES YES YES! That is exactly what I thought when I saw the movie! You aren't the only one!!

Keefa
12-30-02 11:45 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
Me, harsh? Now that IS funny! AzBQ, now he's harsh. If you can't see the resemblance, well fine, but if you can't have a little fun when it comes to your favorite bands you're into it too deep.

Ah, CCM, you will learn. When it comes to Keith, ~AzQb is as humorless as she is all knowing and authoritative. Comes from being close personal friends with him, you know.

Personally, I think you're right on re: the resemblence, esp. in the fingers and arms.

12-30-02 11:49 AM
gypsy Sadly enough, I have to agree...it does remind me of how Keith's face looks in a few recent photos. Is it the nose and chin area?
12-30-02 11:52 AM
Dr. Filth Where it is is those eyes -- so sad and wise -- that and the sparks of magic flying from his fingertips!

12-30-02 12:51 PM
~AzQb

NastyExPeNsIveHaBiT!

...aw now sweetums...what have i ever done to you?

This calls for TaLkOfThEToWn!

~RoTfLmyAo
12-30-02 12:52 PM
~AzQb

NastyExPeNsIveHaBiT!

~RoTfLmyAo
12-30-02 12:54 PM
~AzQb

HeartLeSsOnEs!

X`cUsE the accidental doublePost{s}!

all of a sudden, my hands seem to be shaking !

Shit...and there's no more chronic...

~
12-30-02 01:03 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
~AzQb wrote:

NastyExPeNsIveHaBiT!

~RoTfLmyAo

SoRRy ~~~~~

You're right -- You've never had anything but kind words for Ol' Nas-T -- however, I did not think that Can't Catch Me meant anything but affectionate humor and I did feel as if your post was malicious, mean, and out of patience for no good reason. So I scolded. You must admit, sometimes you jump to our guitarlord's defense when there is no need, when no one is on the slag. Save your ire for when it's required, that's what I always say.

I hope we are clear and square?

Nasty!

12-30-02 01:19 PM
~AzQb

NaStYExPeNsIvEHaBiT!

No, i will NOT spare this kind of bullshit.

And i don't have to explain myself, either.

Thanks for your concern, however.

Really heartfelt&soulfull today.

~
12-30-02 01:25 PM
Nasty Habits I just don't want you to have stroke out there in Qb land raising the sword for what is just and what is right. I just don't want your hands to shake.

Measure twice, post once, you know?

Some expensive habits are frighteningly cheap.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
12-30-02 01:25 PM
Maxlugar I'm starting to see why the email I sent you both did not go over well.

I hate it when two people I like starting fighting.

Make it stop!!!

MACKY MACK!
12-30-02 01:28 PM
Nasty Habits I threw the first punch.

I'll stop it.

MY BAD.

Sorry Queenie. You rule.

Nasty.

12-30-02 01:29 PM
~AzQb

MaXypUp!

Just...Where is the compassion, MaXy?

It's not here today. Neither is it there.

I'm going into the basment now to crank the Pretenders and figt and struggle against the urge!

~RoTfLmAo
12-30-02 01:35 PM
Maxlugar What do you mean my Queenie!?!?!?

Have I done something wrong?!?!?!?

12-30-02 01:53 PM
~AzQb

NoMaXy!

BuT yer NasTyFriend...has never corresponded with me and doesn't know me from Eve. To insinuate me of his implications...bloody hell...may i borrow that SpArKlYWaNd of yours?

Maybe i could change im into "Coke and Sympathy" rather than remaining "NastyExpensiveHabitNotKnowIngHisTarget"?

PLease say it will work.

~
12-30-02 02:28 PM
Prodigal Son Who's fighting and what.... Oh, you know, that's too cliche by now. Well, it sort of has that wrinkled innocent look of Keith these days, plus the eyes are similar. Anyway, I'm sure it wasn't mean-spirited. But if you feel Keith is that way, go ahead because you're entitled to think that. Although Keith's old spirit and skill is gone and zapped by drugs, he's stil strong and as meaningful as ever. Keith still has a lot to say and/or represent. Catch Me if You Can, you seem to be an enthusiastic caricatur-ist, uh, I mean caricaturer... carticature guy, yeah that's it.
12-30-02 03:01 PM
~AzQb

NasTyChEaPHaBiT!

I apologise for being a bitch. I just detest...fucking DETEST these fucking "Keith looks like..."

Leave it to the journalists.

And DyKeTonJohn.

Anway, yer cool with me, man. I AM defensive about this. Freely admit it.

{God Nasty! You know something? You just saved me money on therapy! Made me confront my weakness! saved me time in the library seeking the works of Freud!}

God, i love this place.

I really do.

~RoTfLmAo

12-30-02 03:49 PM
Nasty Habits Really, truly, honestly, Annie, I am happy to hear that we are cool -- It was with honest concern and genuine care that I posted my post. I am glad to have provided you with some kind of catharsis today and I hope this little spat brings us to a new level of mutual respect, acknowledgement, and friendship.

Yr. fellow heavy hitter,

Nasty!

12-30-02 04:14 PM
~AzQb

Yes NaStYBoY!

...while we may not,perhaps somewhere down the road apiece, always walk hand-in-and by the moonlit surf with strains of MoonlightMile softly tracked in the background, you can be assured you ave my ear here.

Long live MaxyBuElAhAbZuG! Our ComIcReLiEfNoBlEPeAcEPriSe alltime winner!

~RoTfL
12-31-02 02:55 AM
gypsy Here's a valium, queenie dahling. Take one and your hands will stop shaking.

I think that little creature does resemble Keef somewhat. Just like that puppet from "Dark Crystal" resembled Rebecca DeMornay (anyone else remember that?)
But, Keef, to me, is the ULTIMATE man. I love love love that lanky eye-liner sporting man with all my heart.
12-31-02 05:02 AM
Cant Catch Me AzQB’s first reaction to my post made me think that we do need to be mindful of others if we want Rocks Off to stay a fun place where we can exchange information, views and personal opinions with other fans in an open, respectful environment.

And if there are a few simple guidelines we can follow to avoid angering other members, then I’m all for it. So, if you’ll indulge me at the beginning here with a pet peeve of mine, really kind of a personal quirk more than anything, and that is that I don’t care to be told, “Fuck you,” in a reply to a post, bam, just that, with no explanation or other greeting. In fact, I fucking detest it. So, especially if you want me to extend similar consideration to you, some better ways to express disagreement would be something like, “Good morning, CCM, how ya’ doin, fuck you,” or, “Hello, CCM, that was idiotic and I respectfully disagree, so fuck you.”

And, now to your likes and dislikes regarding posts on Keith, AzQB. Honestly, I’m trying to get a handle on what’s cool and what’s not. I mean, I love these two following quotes about the Stones and Keith in particular, but I wonder if they would be allowable under your rules:

" ... Keith Richards, who looks like a giant iguana that has learned to walk erect and play guitar.” Dave Barry, in a column that was highly positive about the Stones, and also funny.

“Keith Richards looks like the corpse the Grim Reaper threw back.” Joe Queenan. I’m not sure exactly who he is, but it’s a kind of cool quote that only adds to the Keith aura.

So, help me out, AzQB.

It’d be great if you can clarify your guidelines about what’s permissible and what’s not, so that I can try to respect your wishes. Is it just Keith’s appearance that’s off-limits, or does the prohibition apply to any of the Stones? Is it just comparisons, or should people avoid any comments whatsover about Keith’s appearance? What about comments about or comparisons involving his playing, his voice or his state of mind, are they allowed? (I assume anything involving drugs, booze or cigarettes is semi-sensitive and therefore best avoided.) Is there a statute of limitations that permits comparisons to the way Keith was 5, 10, 20 years, ago, and if there is, what’s the cut off? If we believe a comparison or comment is favorable, is there a way to obtain prior approval from you to use it? And how about images of Keith and/or the other members of the Stones, can we use pictures or drawing in our posts? And do these rules apply all the time, or only when you’re emotionally distraught, and if the latter is the case how can we anticipate your mood?

If you clear those things up for me I’ll be only too glad to respect your preferences. Provided of course it’s part of a mutually respectful understanding here.

Oh, and another thing, some of my best friends, close personal friends in fact, are journalists, and I fucking detest it when people make disparaging comments about the entire journalism profession, so if you could lay off any more of those that’d be cool. I mean, some of ‘em are low-down, dirty liars and shifty-eyed hacks repeating the same old cliches again and again, but let’s criticize those “bad apples” specifically, not the whole profession. Cool?

And, I wouldn’t go so far as saying I fucking detest the Pretenders, but I don’t really care for them either, so would you mind not referring to them anymore? I mean you don’t want to hear about damn band or song I’m listening to every time I post, do you? I mean that’s some lame bullshit when people do that, and I fucking detest lame bullshit. Oh, actually never mind about the Pretenders, post all you want, since I’m trying to be more tolerant I’ll just skip over the posts or parts of posts or whole threads even if I don’t particularly care for the topic.

Now do you mind if people reply to my original post, which evidently had some merit, judging from some of the other responses, that is as long as you’re calmer now and emotionally up for it?
12-31-02 02:48 PM
~AzQb

Baby, baby, baby...

Why weren't YOU nominated for "Craziest" but not in "haha"?

I wonder.

Yer posts...ramble and are so hard to read. But in lieu of the recent accurate psychoanalysis going on as we get our RocksOfF, maybe someone who missed their calling to be a shrink can help me get SOMEthing of a grip on yer venomous diarrhea here.

I hope so. You scare the SHIT outta me~!

~RoTfLmAo~!
12-31-02 05:03 PM
Cant Catch Me Daggone it, looks like subtlety and nuance aren’t your forte, AzQB, and you’re not particularly strong in reading comprehension either. I don’t know why I bothered putting much effort at all in replying to your original rude and uncalled for post when a simple, “Fuck you too” would have been enough. So here ya’ go:

Fuck you too, AzQB.

When you get over your mental breakdown maybe you’ll realize the following: 1. The post was goodnatured and not meant maliciously, 2. It and others like it don’t involve you personally and don’t call for a personal attack from you, and 3. It will have absolutely no effect on Keith's stature or reputation, neither or which are in doubt. But most of all, 4. You can’t expect people to respect your values and beliefs if you won’t respect theirs.

Page: 1 2