ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année! - Glückliches Neues Jahr!
Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar - Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo Cabrones!
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz! - Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - 新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

"Machine" Magazine, with thanks to Irina
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Taylor testifies in local lawsuit in Santa Fé New México Return to archive
12-15-01 10:58 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl From a post by Nikki Goldman at the Undercover Mailing List ( http://www.netaxs.com/~rzepelaa/undercover/ )

'Other Mick' testifies in local lawsuit

By STEVE TERRELL/The New Mexican December 13, 2001

It was an unusual request for a jury to make of a witness in a wrongful death trial: Can we get your autograph?

But it's not every day that a former member of The Rolling Stones - the "other Mick" - comes to a Santa Fe courtroom.
Mick Taylor - a guitarist in the late 1960s and early 1970s for the group then known as "The World's Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band" - was the final witness Wednesday in the case spurred by the 1997 death of Santa Fe musician Jeffrey Barr. Taylor came to Santa Fe from a European tour.

Barr, 43, was crossing Guadalupe Street when he was struck by a truck driven by Ricardo Bustamante, who was coming out of the Tomasita's restaurant parking lot.

Barr's parents are suing Bustamante and Bueno Foods, the company he was working for at the time of the accident.

Although Barr probably was best known locally for playing in Jono Manson's Mighty Revelators, he also had worked with many famed musicians, including Taylor.

Taylor - whose gray-specked hair is noticeably shorter than it was in his Stones days - was called to testify about the economic value of a musician's life.

Barr, the soft-spoken Taylor testified, was beyond "professional."

"He was an exceptional musician," he said.

He told the jury that he met Barr while working on an album called Once in a Blue Moon by the late Gerry Groom, a blues guitarist who also lived in Santa Fe in the early 1990s.

Later Barr played on Taylor's 1995 solo album, Coastin' Home.

The Barrs' attorney, John Aragon, played the jury songs from those compact discs, as well as a demo tape Barr had done.

After lawyers finished questioning Taylor, the jury had two written questions for the rocker.

The first was how much he was paid to testify. Taylor said he was only given expenses.

The second was the question about autographs. State District Judge Art Encinias said Taylor could do so outside the courtroom. Several jurors took him up on the offer. He even signed an autograph for bailiff Henry Kavanaugh.

Taylor's testimony didn't draw a big crowd, although one local lawyer and longtime Stones fan, Doug Couleur, couldn't resist.

"It was more interesting than the Val Kilmer divorce trial," Couleur quipped after the hearing. He said he was impressed by the guitarist's intelligence displayed on the stand.

The judge also seemed impressed. "I almost wore my Rolling Stones tie, but I thought that might be too much," Encinias said.

"As a judge I am required to keep a sober demeanor," Encinias said. "But that didn't stop me from tapping my toes."

http://www.sfnewmexican.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=2778141&BRD=2144&PAG=461&dept_id=367954&rfi=6

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.