ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année! - Glückliches Neues Jahr!
Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar - Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo Cabrones!
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz! - Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - 新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

"Machine" Magazine, with thanks to Irina
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie on "Jonathan Ross" Show on BBC1 tonight Return to archive
12-14-01 02:18 PM
Gazza Ronnie Wood is a guest on tonight's "Friday Night With Jonathan Ross" show on BBC1. Other guests are David Blaine and Ronan Keating.

Times vary across the UK regions. Its on at 10.35 pm in Scotland, 11.05 pm in Wales and 11.35 in Northern Ireland. presume its 10.35 in England but you may wish to check your local listings first! The show lasts 50 minutes.
12-14-01 07:38 PM
Angiegirl Just saw the show and I was amazed that the 'interview' was just about Ronnie's alcohol (ab)use and also the interviewer seemed obsessed with Keith.

I thought it was interesting to hear Ronnie say that he thought being part of the Stones and keep working in that role was one of the hardest things for him to do and that the thought of a new tour coming up was terrifying to him.
The interviewer asked if/stated that Mick and Keith, being perfectionists, are not willing to carry dead weight (referring to Ronnie maybe being unable to participate fully due to his addiction) and Ronnie reacted with a bit of a depressed 'no'.

Furthermore he said that he had spoken to Keith this week and Keith told him 'from Jan 1st you're mine'.

I wonder if Ronnie himself feels up to a tour and all the preparations. Dunno, just a bit of a weird reaction by Ronnie, but maybe that's just Ronnie, I don't see him speak too often.

The preformance was ok, but not impressing to me. Bit boring, they held back, also Leah with her singing bit. Maybe she can do better during a complete concert.

So, that was a bit of Ronnie tonight.
12-14-01 09:14 PM
Gazza >Just saw the show and I was amazed that the 'interview' was just about Ronnie's alcohol (ab)use and also the interviewer seemed obsessed with Keith.

Not really Angie,because Jonathan Ross is well known for taking the piss and with him everything is quite light hearted and edgy. It iS a comedy show,so no-one appearing on any programme with Jonathan would expect to be asked anything TOO serious and would expect to be teased a bit. The band's wild image is perfect material for any comedian but the whole thing was done in quite a good natured way. If anything he took the piss out of most of the band - Mick too! I thought the performance was ok..but the interview was hilarious...Woody was in good form!!

12-15-01 06:28 PM
Angiegirl Mmm, maybe you're right. I as a Dutch fan of course don't know this Jonathan Ross or his show, so maybe I expected something different. But anyway, I also thought it was fun to see them tease and interact, I laughed quite a lot. Just glad we can see the BBC here in Holland.

I still think it's a bit strange how Ronnie reacted to new tours etc. But hey, what-ever, right?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.