ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année! - Glückliches Neues Jahr!
Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar - Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo Cabrones!
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz! - Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - 新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

"Machine" Magazine, with thanks to Irina
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie the Bitch Return to archive
12-13-01 01:15 PM
quackenbush POPBITCH _ _ _ _
> _ __ ___ _ __ | |__ (_) |_ ___| |__
> | '_ \ / _ \| '_ \| '_ \| | __/ __| '_ \
> | |_) | (_) | |_) | |_) | | || (__| | | |
> | .__/ \___/| .__/|_.__/|_|\__\___|_| |_|
> |_| |_| 5.12.01 *ISSUE 98*
> subscribe or unsubscribe: http://www.popbitch.com
>
>> Ronnie Wood's moment of clarity <<
> Drug-sodden lag suffers from self-awareness
>
> If you want a picture of what Robbie Williams will
> be like in ten years time - consider the following
> story about Ronnie Wood:
>
> Burns writes:
> "It's 1987, the early hours of the morning,
> Woody's nightclub in South Beach. With too much
> alcohol and too many drugs in his system, Ronnie
> walks up to my other half (who worked for him) and
> says 'Take me home, I need to go home now'.
>
> "She dutifully goes off, gets the limo ready and
> bundles him into the back, takes him home, carries
> him upstairs, lays him out on the bed and goes to
> leave (this is a regular occurence) when he starts
> crying, saying 'Don't go, don't leave me here on my
> own.' He then bowls headlong into two hours of
> self-pity and tears, repeating the phrase 'I'm not
> cool anymore am I? I'm not cool anymore...'"
12-13-01 02:11 PM
Maxlugar This is not something Mick Taylor would do.

Not a man that has had numerous poems written about his fingers.

No sir. Mick Taylor IS most certainly cool. ALL the kids love him.

I'd wager 75% of teenage kids have "Mick Taylor Rules" written on the covers of their sprial notebooks.

"Get into a fetal position and cry, Ronnie"

Caw! Caw!
12-14-01 02:11 AM
Jane Wyman Better rusty than gone
12-17-01 01:58 AM
~AzQb

...ahhh, leave him alone. We need as much hair in this band as we can GET...

; )

~A
12-17-01 12:04 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Gimme a break Maxy. My 14 yr old niece had a sleepover at my place for about 8 teeny gals. Only 2 of them had ever heard of the Stones(that includes my niece), and only my niece could name any of the Stones. And even SHE only got "that Richards guy". I almost threw them all out when one of the girls said, "oh yeah, those are those guys that do that Brittany Spears song.". So I tried to educate them. I played the REAL version of Satisfaction. I played some other things....those girls HATED it. One girl even said that Brittany does Satisfaction much better than the Stones do it!

So what's my point? My point is that the teen generation has completely disconnected itself from the past. They don't give a shit about the Stones, or the Beatles, or Jimi Hendrix, or Muddy Waters. They don't CARE where their music came from...what it's roots are. They only care about what is being crammed down their necks by MTV and the big record companies. Guess what Maxy? Mick Taylor isn't even a blip on their radar screens. You know why? Taylor isn't even remotely relevant to the current music scene. It's mind boggling to me that I can be a very young 35 years old, and be so out of touch with what is current. The last new release that I bought was Dylan's Love & Theft, yet the make up of that record is mostly stuff from the 20's and 30's.

People like us are relics Maxy. We are the new dinosaurs. Those kids may THINK that what they like is cool & hip, but we know better. I think we are the last generation that uses our minds independently of what we are forcefed. We decide upon what we like by listening to it, not by if MTV is playing it, or if Carson Daly has them on TRL. And we are loyal to the bands that we dig...the second Brittany loses a step, they'll all be onto the next big thing, and Brit will be relegated to opening Malls again.

You Sweatin' to the Stonesies yet?
12-17-01 12:59 PM
Maxlugar I don't know Ximey. I was at my niece's four year old birthday party last weekend and do you know what they had. Was it a clown that does magic and makes balloon animals? No. Was it a guy in a big Barney suit patting those little scamps heads? No. It was a guy dressed up in a Mick Taylor suit complete with big moppy blonde hair and sunburst Gibson. It was great! Right after cake, my sister came in the back room and said "Alright kids, I think we have a SPECIAL guest here now!" With that, to the the strains of Sway, "Mick" walks in and the kids went nuts! All at once it was "Mwick Talwor! Mwick Talwor! Even I was kind of excited! He sat down and played just his solo parts of Honky Tonk Woman, Dance Little Sister (All the kids were dancing during this one) and a rousing performance of YCAGWYW ala '72 tour. The kids were climbing all over him too. They love him. At the end of his "set", this little shy girl walked up to him and with her almost impossible big blue eyes rimmed with tears asked. "Mr. Talwor, when will you re-join the Rolling Stones? "Mick" surely didn't want to let this little ragamuffin down. He just mussed up her hair a little and said "If there is a God in the sky, my love......soon" There wasn't a dry eye in the place. I had to walk out the back door to "get some air". I walked out on to the patio and looked up to the sky and said "You hear that God! Make this little girls wish come true or damn me to hell for all eternity right now!"

Thanks.

Maxy!
12-17-01 01:16 PM
nankerphelge This weekend, in preparation for the arrival of a new pool table (mrs nankerphelge said I was good this year), I wired up the sound system for the room. Things went swimmingly and to test the system, I popped in Brussles.

I am hoping that Mick will play at the grand table-opening celebration. He sounded great on YCAGWYW -- even my 8 year old said "this is the Stones?" She had never heard live Micky T. era Stones before. She had to stay home from school today -- quite visably shaken....
12-17-01 01:27 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Alright you two, answer me THIS. How come Nanky's 8 year old can dig the Stones, my 6 year old digs the Stones, Maxy's 4 year old neice can dig the Stones....but a roomful of hormone charged teenage chicks can't dig the Stones? Jesus, The Stones are aimed right at the crotch, and none of those lil' chickadees felt even the slightest twinge. In fact, they were revolted. How can this be? The Stones built an entire LEGEND on twinging teenage girls crotches, why the fuck doesn't it still work?

Nanky, don't ever invite me to play on your new table, unless I'm your partner...I'd hate to humiliate you on your own table.
12-17-01 02:26 PM
Joey 'He sat down and played just his solo parts of Honky Tonk Woman, Dance Little Sister (All the kids were dancing during this one) and a rousing performance of YCAGWYW ala '72 tour. The kids were climbing all over him too. They love him. At the end of his "set", this little shy girl walked up to him and with her almost impossible big blue eyes rimmed with tears asked. "Mr. Talwor, when will you re-join the Rolling Stones? '

Oh Hell , this story is precious . I almost balled like a baby . .....and the wind ....cries Taylorrrrrrrrr.

I think I will break out into Maxy's poem :

Oh my God ! Poem ! Go !

" Mick Taylor's fingers ,
they make me quiver when they deliver .
I cry a river with my gin soaked liver ,
whilst the notes they slink and slither . "

--Maxlugar ( 11/30/2001 )

" Dance Like A Clown for Me Ronnie "

Joey , C10

12-17-01 03:54 PM
nankerphelge The good Cardinal plays a good game eh?

You are definitely on my team for the DC summit to be held at the House of nank sometime next year.
12-18-01 12:59 AM
Cardinal Ximinez Cool. We will win ALL the chiba.

Base champ 3 years in a row.

FPM can vouch. He's seen me clean out many a wallet.
12-18-01 07:01 AM
~AzQb

...ooooh Cadinal {insert drunken JFK accent here} Let's PLay!!!!
12-18-01 09:02 AM
nankerphelge The 2002 Rolling Stones DC-area Chibafest

I like the sound of it
But I like the smell better.

12-18-01 12:17 PM
Cardinal Ximinez It smell good. It sticky and stanky.

Just so you know...FPM's band just cut a CD. Haven't had a chance to crank it up yet, so I can't tell you if it's any good. But I bet the bass player rocks.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.