ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Baron Wolman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Far East Man, RONNIE & ? Return to archive
25th December 2006 09:29 AM
Bitch Ronnie together with friends in London, November 2001 ... a tribute to George Harrison.

Is this his daughter in the video, she kinda looks like RONNIE when she smiles. Does anyone recognize the other people on stage?

Far East Man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrWTxIMn10
25th December 2006 10:22 AM
Throwaway thank you for posting, i love this song.

thats Martin Wright on drums, Mark Wells on bass, Jesse Wood on guitar, of course Slash on guitar..can't tell who the others are
25th December 2006 10:27 AM
Lord Homosex I think the guy who sings a lot of the BUs and who does lead on "Flyin" is somehow related to Ronnie.
I was very excited about getting the DVD but was somehow let down. There was sonmthing lame about the backstage atmosphere. Ronnie seemed tired. Was expecting something more like the 70's Ron & Friends shows.
25th December 2006 10:53 AM
Bitch Thanks for the responses for the band mates, but whos the girl?

Also, is this from a DVD? If so, whats the name of it?
25th December 2006 12:21 PM
Honky Tonk Man The girl is Anrea Corr of the succsseful brother/sisters Irish group The Corrs. They were very popular in the UK during the 1990's.

I was at that gig. Ronnie was completely pissed.
25th December 2006 12:36 PM
Bitch
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
The girl is Anrea Corr of the succsseful brother/sisters Irish group The Corrs. They were very popular in the UK during the 1990's.

I was at that gig. Ronnie was completely pissed.

Thanks HT Man, very cool that you were there! Where was it, in London?

You mean RONNIE was drunk? How shocking!
25th December 2006 01:15 PM
Gazza The show was at Shepherds Bush Empire on 11th December - not November (Harrison only died on 29th November).

Saw the show in Dublin on the 8th December. Ronnie only played 3 shows to promote the new solo album - one in Dublin and the Shepherds Bush and CC Club gigs in London on 11th and 12th December. Slash guested at all 3 shows and played most of each gig.

Parts of the Shepherds Bush show were released on an official DVD in 2002.

the core band were :
RW (gtr, voc, harm)/Jesse Wood (gtr)/Leah Wood (voc)/Mark Wells
(bass)/Martin Wright (dr, perc, voc)/Tramper Price (keyb, bvoc)/Vinnie
Karslake (voc, tamb)/Slash (gtr; voc; not all songs)/Frankie Gavin
(fiddle; not all songs)

(source - Nico Zentgraf)
25th December 2006 07:13 PM
no night together bitch thanks for posting, lovely. anyone knows something about the lyrics? parts of the songs don't sound so related, through that seems like there's a story but I can't catch it.
25th December 2006 08:22 PM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Parts of the Shepherds Bush show were released on an official DVD in 2002.

I was given that dvd a year or two back. Not too keen to be honest
25th December 2006 09:27 PM
christijanus Vinnie
Karslake (voc, tamb)/

This is his brother in law
27th December 2006 12:15 PM
LastChild i think most of the guys ronnie played with for the shows were in his son's band.

i bought the dvd cheap off of amazon. some songs blow, but for the most part it was entertaining enough to be worth the money i paid.
27th December 2006 12:40 PM
Saint Sway a disgrace that should never of been released

the band of Ronnie's children, relatives etc is a joke

Ronnie is in a stupor and cant play or sing on any song.

its really shameful that they allowed this to be an official release

sad
27th December 2006 08:23 PM
CraigP Ronnie is nervous talking about Harrison.
Great song. Not a bad rendition concidering that it's Ronnie.
28th December 2006 12:29 AM
Taptrick
I like it. Haven't seen the other songs but Far east Man sounds as good as studio and the slide is nice.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)