ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Baron Wolman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ron Wood says he brought Mick Jagger and Keith Richards back together Return to archive
22nd December 2006 11:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Friday, December 22, 2006
Ron Wood says he brought Mick Jagger and Keith Richards back together

The Rolling Stones' Ron Wood says that he was responsible for mending bandmates Mick Jagger and Keith Richards' estranged relationship in the 1980s. Wood told Uncut magazine that he took it upon himself to try to save the Stones, recalling that, "I said, 'No, this can't happen to the institution.'" Wood said that he didn't mind acting as the middle-man between Jagger and Richards, who by 1988 were pursuing solo careers, feuding in the press, and barely on speaking terms.

Wood recalled that, "Mick rang me up and says 'He won't talk to me.' I was saying, 'He will 'cause I've just spoken to him. If you wait 15 minutes, I'll have him ring you.' I rang Keith and said, 'Ring Mick now.' Then they spoke. Mick rang me back and he said, 'Oh wow, it's not as bad as I thought.' He put it down to the different things being misread in the media. That seemed to have cut the ice."

Wood also gave details of Richards' fall from a palm tree in Fiji earlier this year, which resulted in Richards undergoing brain surgery and temporarily sidelining the Stones' European tour: "(It) happened right behind me and I just saw his head hit the ground. He landed on his back and he cut all the inside of his mouth. There was a lot of blood. I knew something was very wrong. He said, 'Go away,' but then started getting headaches. It got real bad... I was relieved when it was all under control. He still likes the sympathy: 'Oh excuse, I've got brain damage.' He gets out of many situations now by saying that."

He went on to say that a reunion with the Faces -- Rod Stewart, Ian "Mac" McLagan, and Kenney Jones -- is still up in the air, despite Stewart reportedly warming to the idea: "I got a call from Mac saying, 'Rod's doing it just for his own benefit. Let's not do it.'" This American Songbook stuff, Mac doesn't like him doing it, he says 'What happened to the old Rod?'"

Wood added that he also isn't fond of Stewart's take on the standards or recent cover versions: "With all the years he's been stranded away from the group thing, he's Hollywood-ified... He's lost the earthiness I know he still has inside him."

Ron Wood's recent compilation, titled The Essential Crossexion, included the previously unreleased Stewart-Wood collaboration "You Strum And I'll Sing."
The Rock Radio online

22nd December 2006 12:11 PM
Bitch yes thats also confirmed in the big red book According to The ROlling Stones
22nd December 2006 08:37 PM
Soldatti Ronnie is the man.
22nd December 2006 08:42 PM
mrhipfl 'What happened to the old Rod?'"

well...it looks like he got old.
23rd December 2006 05:27 AM
corgi37 I cant believe how immature Keef & Mick were. Christ, they were middle aged men acting like spoilt little brats.
"Oh, he wont talk to me".

The great pity was Stu wasnt around. He would have kicked there poncy asses.
23rd December 2006 12:23 PM
MrPleasant She's The Boss and Primitive Cool brought them back together.
25th December 2006 11:04 AM
fireontheplatter it would be very cool if the faces got back together.
that was a fun article. thank u 4 posting it.

merry x mas everybody....owwwwwwwww
28th December 2006 07:19 PM
glencar Ronnie's the chimp but chimps often bring people togther. Taht's why we all love Joey.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)