ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Baron Wolman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Beatles appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st December 2006 04:35 PM
Saint Sway we're talking an endless list of sappy, pop shit...

rain
rocky racoon
sgt pepper
she loves you
shes leaving home
something
strawberry fields forver
taxman
teddy boy
tell me what you see
tell me why
thank you girl
bungalow bill
fool on the hill
long and winding road
the night before
the word
theres a place
things we said today
think for yourself
this boy
ticket to ride
till there was you
to know her is to love her
twist and shout
two of us
we can work it out
wait
when I'm sixty four
why
words of love
yellow submarine
yes it is
yesterday
you cant do that
you know my name
you know what to do
you like me too much
you never give me your number
you really got a hold of me
you wont see me
you'll be mine
your mother should know
youre gonna lose that guy
you got to hide your love away
21st December 2006 04:37 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

What else ....... Jaggerbombs

....and you ?!

21st December 2006 04:57 PM
Saint Sway
21st December 2006 05:06 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Yes. Lets be honest. They were a pop boy band. Matching clothes, sacharine sweet songs song to teeny bopper girls. Cleverly marketed. They paved the way for generations of boy bands. They were the blue print.

I hate them.

that wasnt being honest.
21st December 2006 05:13 PM
Starbuck
21st December 2006 05:19 PM
Saint Sway 53410 useless posts. Oh, you must be very proud Bucky...
21st December 2006 05:21 PM
Honky Tonk Man I love The Beatles.

My favourite album is Revolver and my favourite song at the moment is probably I Feel Fine. My dad bought the new Love CD today. Its brilliant!
21st December 2006 05:40 PM
Saint Sway Bob Dylan once said: "The Stones could of easily written 'Yesterday'. But The Beatles could never of written 'Summer Romance'."
21st December 2006 05:52 PM
F505
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
But The Beatles could never of written 'Summer Romance'."

That's why I like The Beatles. They quit before they became a mockery.
21st December 2006 06:09 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
F505 wrote:

That's why I like The Beatles. They quit before they became a mockery.

! Well no, I don't really agree with you there!

The Beatles were the greatest and yes, they split before things had the chance to go tits up. I'm thinking of a certain group called Wings here.

If our boys had called it quits after Exile, then they'd be held in far, far higher regard.
21st December 2006 06:40 PM
Bitch The new Beatles "Love" is a fabulous new remix of the old love songs, with a modern twist. Its cool.
21st December 2006 06:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
21st December 2006 07:38 PM
GotToRollMe The Beatles were gods. Period. Anyone who doesn't know that needs to go back to Rock and Roll 101.

If this doesn't get JB out of the woodwork, I don't know what will. Come on, JB, I know you're getting apoplectic just reading this. You're gonna hurt yourself, kid. Let it out...you know you want to.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
21st December 2006 08:11 PM
texile
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
>They were a pop boy band. Matching clothes<

cough, cough , so weren't the Stones. Lemme tell you something .... this whole distinction of the beatles being a pop band and the Stones being a "real' rock n roll band is bull shit.

i agree, the early beatles live had an amazing, rhythmn guitar sound.....i wouldn't call it punk but it was full and a little dirty.
they were also a tighter band than the stones in thier early days.
i love all the beatles stuff but my favorite is the meet the beatles/beatles 65 era....those melodies and guitar chord progressions were completely orginal.
anyone who disputes that......hopleless.
21st December 2006 08:44 PM
Mel Belli This is how I split the difference: The Beatles were the perfect songwriters. The Stones were the perfect band.
22nd December 2006 01:04 AM
Kilroy Here we go again The Beatles VS The Stones
22nd December 2006 01:21 AM
Starbuck
quote:
Here we go again The Beatles VS The Stones

ahh....there you're wrong!

this thread is less "beatles vs stones" and more "beatles AND stones"....and that is a good thing!
22nd December 2006 01:28 AM
pdog
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
This is how I split the difference: The Beatles were the perfect songwriters. The Stones were the perfect band.

that's a very good and also a perspective I agree with 100%

anyone hear the Love album stuff... I like what i heard, I bought my wife a copy for her stocking.
22nd December 2006 08:52 AM
Honky Tonk Man As I've said earlier, the Love CD is fantastic. Not only have they cleverly mixed songs together, but also the actual remastering itself of the originals is sublime. Get Back ROARS along. Everything is crystal clear and very loud.

I should also add that everything you here is 100% The Beatles. The only extra George and Giles Martin added was a bit of guitar at the beginning of George Harrison’s While My Guitar Gently Weeps
22nd December 2006 08:56 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

ahh....there you're wrong!

this thread is less "beatles vs stones" and more "beatles AND stones"....and that is a good thing!

Yes! A good thing - a very good thing indeed.
22nd December 2006 08:58 AM
Olompali If there is one magical phrase to come from the sixties it is "The Beatles"
Spoken aloud, it lights up the human spirit worldwide and decades on.
[Edited by Olompali]
22nd December 2006 12:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
22nd December 2006 12:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
22nd December 2006 01:11 PM
Michael K <>

Not to quibble (honest), but the new thing on the album is the string section that George Martin scored and added to the original acoustic demo of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

And I agree, it's an incredible album.

Cheers.
22nd December 2006 02:54 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Michael K wrote:
Not to quibble (honest), but the new thing on the album is the string section that George Martin scored and added to the original acoustic demo of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

And I agree, it's an incredible album.

Cheers.

Don't worry. You are not quibbling. Thats what I meant. I didn't read the liner notes properly!

The first part of Strawberry Fields is a demo too. It's on Antholgy 2.

Abbey Road is playing on the computer at the moment. If here is a reason to despise Paul McCartney its Maxwel's Silver Hammer. Oh dear
22nd December 2006 02:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
If here is a reason to despise Paul McCartney its Maxwel's Silver Hammer.

Who needs a reason???

---------------------------------------------------------

So Sgt. Pepper took you by surprise
You better see right through that mother's eyes
Those freaks was right when they said you was dead
The one mistake you made was in your head
Ah, how do you sleep?
Ah, how do you sleep at night?

You live with straights who tell you you was king
Jump when your momma tell you anything
The only thing you done was yesterday
And since you're gone you're just another day
Ah, how do you sleep?

Ah, how do you sleep?

A pretty face may last a year or two
But pretty soon they'll see what you can do
The sound you make is muzak to my ears
You must have learned something in all those years
Ah, how do you sleep?

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
22nd December 2006 03:00 PM
Starbuck
quote:
If here is a reason to despise Paul McCartney its Maxwel's Silver Hammer. Oh dear

arguably paul's worst song as a beatle. and to think...one of george's masterpieces that wound up on "all things must pass" could have been on that album!
[Edited by Starbuck]
22nd December 2006 03:14 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------

Terrific albums, both (Imagine, Ram).

And I love "Maxwell Silver's Hammer". I love everything!
22nd December 2006 03:18 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

arguably paul's worst song as a beatle. and to think...one of george's masterpieces that wound up on "all things must pass" could have been on that album!
[Edited by Starbuck]

All Things Must Pass is wonderful.

Yes, Maxwell's Silver Hammer is probably McCartneys worst effort as a Beatles. I suspect he wanted it to be a single! He did with Ob La Di Ob La Da. After his harrasment failed, he gave it Scaffold which incidently (I think) featured his brother.

McCartney is one of the musics mysteries. How can a guy who wrote and recorded classic after classic for around 8 years or so as a Beatle then turns out such mediocre crap? There was the odd flash of brilliance like Maybe I'm Amazed, but that was written when the Beatles were still going.

Another reason to hate Macca is Wonderful Christmas Time. The video was on a music channel last night. Its trurely sickening stuff.
22nd December 2006 03:25 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Another reason to hate Macca is Wonderful Christmas Time. The video was on a music channel last night. Its trurely sickening stuff.

I just heard that for the first time a few days ago. I almost had to pull over the car and vomit.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)