ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Baron Wolman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Axl: 'Chinese Democracy' Tentatively Due In March (NSC) Return to archive
15th December 2006 12:01 PM
justinkurian Axl: 'Chinese Democracy' Tentatively Due In March

December 15, 2006, 10:00 AM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Axl Rose has taken to Guns N' Roses' official Web site to announce a "tentative" March 6 release date for the band's eternally delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy." In the posting, Rose also revealed he has split with longtime manager Merck Mercuriadis due to disagreements over the set up for the album release.

"To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement," Rose said of "Chinese Democracy," which has been in the works for more than a decade. "Overcoming the endless and seemingly insane amount of obstacles faced by all involved, notwithstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone -- the fans, the band, our road crew and business team -- has at many times seemed like a bad dream in which one wakes up only to find that they are still in the nightmare. Unfortunately, this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life."

Rose said he only agreed to tour with GNR this fall because he believed he and Mercuriadis "were in full agreement regarding our strategy and touring plans and, most important, that any and all things needed to release the album by Dec. 26 at the latest were in place."

"Although many things went extremely well and were very exciting, there were, in our opinion, unnecessary and avoidable complications on our tour having to do with the tour routing, scheduling and album and video plans that wreaked havoc on all involved," he continued. "This was compounded by an overall sense of a lack of respect by management for the band and crew."

Rose lashed out at management for comments suggesting "Chinese Democracy" would "just appear" in record stores on a random Tuesday before the end of the year.

"It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company," he said. "For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album."

In order to properly plan for the release, GNR has canceled four January shows in Sacramento, Calif., Bakersfield, Calif., Reno, Nev., and San Diego. "In the end, it's just an album, but it's one that I, the band, our record company and all involved believe and feel is a true Guns N' Roses album," Rose concluded. "Ultimately the public will decide, and regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way."

"Chinese Democracy" is the first Guns N' Roses album since the 1993 covers collection "The Spaghetti Incident." In the ensuing decade, the group has lost every original member besides Rose and burned through a reported $13 million in recording expenses.

Find this article at:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003522196
15th December 2006 12:40 PM
Gimme Shelter That sucks I had tix to the Sacramento show.
15th December 2006 01:33 PM
ebmp Man. Axl is really a joke

Why the fuck did he start spreading around that it would definately be out this year, when he wasn't sure???

He deserves all the shit he gets, because he's really a fucking asshole. I bet that when March come we'll get another excuse

This is a fucking joke, and it's really a shame, because the new songs rock, and I'm sure that when/if the album comes out, it'll be really succesful
15th December 2006 01:53 PM
Gazza Something tells me that he called it "Chinese Democracy" for the simple reason that its something none of us will ever live to see
15th December 2006 02:06 PM
ebmp
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Something tells me that he called it "Chinese Democracy" for the simple reason that its something none of us will ever live to see

Lol, true
15th December 2006 02:31 PM
Riffhard Axl? Who realy gives a flying fuck what that prick does or says anymore? He ruined a once promissing band with his insane meglomaniacal behaviour. Once Izzy left GNR sucked anyway. I have been hearing from record reps for ages now telling me,"Steve you're gonna love the Guns N Roses disk! Axl has really written a great record this time!" Uhhhh,....bullshit! I've heard three cuts off this disk and and all three of them sucked with teeth! I would rather listen to The Eagles greatest hits on a continuous loop then listen to anything that Axl fucking Rose has anything to do with. Fucking poofter!

Riffy
15th December 2006 02:42 PM
lotsajizz The reviews from those who have actually seen them are pretty consistent with the following...1) the new band is FAR better musically than the old one, and 2) the new tunes kick ass....it's a shame the CA fans will get porked this January because the concerts this tour have been spectacular--FAR better than the Stones on their recent run for instance....
15th December 2006 04:26 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
The reviews from those who have actually seen them are pretty consistent with the following...1) the new band is FAR better musically than the old one, and 2) the new tunes kick ass....it's a shame the CA fans will get porked this January because the concerts this tour have been spectacular--FAR better than the Stones on their recent run for instance....

No one is ever FAR better than the Stones...especially any band fronting Axl.....ever......nope....nada......
15th December 2006 04:32 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

No one is ever FAR better than the Stones...especially any band fronting Axl.....ever......nope....nada......

damn right...which is why I never said that. I said the concerts this fall by GnR were FAR better than the Stones concerts this fall. shit...the Sunrise FL show by the Stones this March was better than any GnR show, but the Stones fall tour started terribly and only worked its way up to better than average...while GnR's been blowin' people away at every stop (the ones they don't cancel anyway--well now it seems the Stones do some cancelling of their own nowadays too)
15th December 2006 04:35 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

damn right...which is why I never said that. I said the concerts this fall by GnR were FAR better than the Stones concerts this fall. shit...the Sunrise FL show by the Stones this March was better than any GnR show, but the Stones fall tour started terribly and only worked its way up to better than average...while GnR's been blowin' people away at every stop (the ones they don't cancel anyway--well now it seems the Stones do some cancelling of their own nowadays too)

I wasnt tryin to shoot the messenger!.....lol
15th December 2006 04:39 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

You were at Sunrise? Were you at the preparty? Can't remember the name of the place.
15th December 2006 05:14 PM
lotsajizz Nope...we stayed in some hotel across the street and we were too busy pre-partying in the room to make it out...but I did manage to greet Josh at the venue once we got out...I see him and walk over, hand him my card and introduce myself--he has the nerve to ask 'how did you recognize me?'!?!?!? LOL!!!!

15th December 2006 06:10 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Those January gigs had to be scrubbed in order to make that 8 week time frame W. Axl's talking about.

Bumblefoot and pals will be too busy shrink wrapping copies of Chinese Democracy to meet the March 6th release date...
15th December 2006 07:10 PM
ShesARainbow
quote:
justinkurian wrote:

Axl Rose has taken to Guns N' Roses' official Web site to announce a "tentative" March 6 release date for the band's eternally delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy."

...sorry! Couldn't resist!
15th December 2006 09:42 PM
full moon Most overrated band in the history of modern music. The guy can't sing and they have lived off of one album for the past 20 years. Thank God Appetite made this kook a millionaire......Fuck you Axl " Paxil" Rose . Please go jump off the Golden Gate bridge now... Ok....
15th December 2006 09:45 PM
glencar ditto.
16th December 2006 04:14 AM
Dan The songs I have heard totally sucked balls. A musically superior cover band is still a cover band.
16th December 2006 06:39 AM
corgi37 I just cannot believe anyone is seriously waiting for this crap. I cant believe people are looking forward to it.

It's over. It ended at the end of the "Use your illusion" tour.

How many fucking 40 year old's in leather pants can the world stand?
16th December 2006 07:10 AM
lotsajizz the new songs kick ass and this will be a helluva album!!
16th December 2006 12:04 PM
ebmp
quote:
full moon wrote:
Most overrated band in the history of modern music.

Nirvana?
16th December 2006 12:45 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Nope...we stayed in some hotel across the street and we were too busy pre-partying in the room to make it out...but I did manage to greet Josh at the venue once we got out...I see him and walk over, hand him my card and introduce myself--he has the nerve to ask 'how did you recognize me?'!?!?!? LOL!!!!

That's funny!!! I met Josh earlier that year at the Tampa show; he's a nice dude.
17th December 2006 09:47 AM
lotsajizz ...who immediately went to pains to explain his internet persona is not who he really is....a point forgotten by many
17th December 2006 01:59 PM
Soldatti He said the same three and six years ago.
18th December 2006 02:01 PM
Voodoo Scrounge I wont go out on a limb and predict when this album will hit the shelves. But I will say that when it does, I will buy it.
I heard the leaked demos for it a while bqack and I quite like what I heard. Im not expecting it to be the best GnR record. But I dont think it will be bad.
I like GnR and always have. Axl is a bit of an arsehole, but so is Jagger at times. But the boy can pen a good song and he is backed by a rocking band at the moment.

Hope it does come out soon!
18th December 2006 03:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
Axl: 'Chinese Democracy' Tentatively Due In March

March of what year??

I'm guessing 2011
19th December 2006 01:00 AM
IanBillen Chinese Democracy......does ANYONE care at all???

Geeze,

To have an album to be worked on, talked about, given release dates countless times, millions in recording costs, multiple producers, to span a decade is beyond unheard of in Rock History.

There are no excuses, it could be the greatest album of all time but the plague of bad press, sickning longevity, and the fact the people quit caring a long while ago will ruin this album IF, and I very much stress IF, this album hits the stores any time soon.

And Guess what....they deserve every bit of shit thrown in their face for all of this. Well at least Axl does.

This is 110% totally beyond ridiculous and has been for a long while. It is actually a wonder they, or Axl ever dare mention this thing anymore until they KNOW they are gonna release it. I'm with the rest of the world on it...Fuck that thing.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
19th December 2006 05:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Chinese Democracy......does ANYONE care at all???

Not remotely, personally
19th December 2006 07:00 AM
lotsajizz Izzy jammed with 'em last night, first time since September, twentieth time this year!!
21st December 2006 08:10 AM
lotsajizz The show kicked with the usual wallop of "Welcome to the Jungle" followed by "It's So Easy" and "Mr. Brownstone" but you could tell Axl was in a way better mood than on Sunday. He interacted more with the audience and even cracked several jokes. And during "November Rain" the drums actually caught on fire as a bevy of sparklers fell from above (not funny to Rhode Islanders!). Some roadies immediately rushed in and put the fire out but afterwards Axl joked that maybe Wednesday night they'll torch the drummer. During an impromptu Deep Purple jam Axl changed the lyrics to "smoke on the drummer."

But the levity didn't stop there, during "Rocket Queen" Robin slipped and unceremoniously fell flat on his back, quickly getting up only to get hit by Axl's mic stand as he was tossing it across the stage. You could tell Axl was surprised but he was smiling anyways.

After roaring renditions of "Blues" and "I.R.S." it was time to introduce Izzy Stradlin but he was a no show. "Welcome to my world motherfuckers," Axl said as Izzy was nowhere to be found. After playing "Out Ta Get Me" and "Down on the Farm" (a total treat) Izzy finally came out, thanks to GPS Axl joked. They ripped through favorites like "Think About You," "Used to Love Her," "Patience" and "Nightrain." As well as the show's closer "Paradise City."
rockon
21st December 2006 08:54 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Sounds like it was a good show
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)