ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Baron Wolman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Vol. 12) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
24th November 2006 01:35 PM
marko Any artwork for Anaheim yet?
24th November 2006 01:53 PM
zipmouth Could someone post the Wembley DVD from DIME here???

I have been unable to connect to DIME for a week now, keep getting messages about "bad data from tracker - bad bencoded data" but is seems to be working for others?!?
24th November 2006 02:54 PM
SLAVE PLEASE URGENT!!!!what version of Aux Abattoirs on the tracker????
24th November 2006 04:54 PM
GotToRollMe Dan, try utorrent. It's a very easy, lightweight torrent client, and you don't have to go through all that port stuff. When you set your preferences, enable UPNP, but also enable the port that's suggested. If you're on a cable connection it's as simple as that. If you're on DSL, you may have to go into your modem and open a port, but that's about it. Either way, if you have a firewall, just make sure you make an exception for the program. PM me if you need any help.

http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

24th November 2006 04:57 PM
Dan
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Dan, try utorrent. It's a very easy, lightweight torrent client, and you don't have to go through all that port stuff. When you set your preferences, enable UPNP, but also enable the port that's suggested. If you're on a cable connection it's as simple as that. If you're on DSL, you may have to go into your modem and open a port, but that's about it. Either way, if you have a firewall, just make sure you make an exception for the program. PM me if you need any help.

http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

Thanks! I got that here on this computer. I am trying to FLAC the fires! I am in a dead tired no think mode with no room or place to relax but the people are starting to filter out. Stayed up all night Wed so I could put it to disc then picked up the party again here. We got cable here.
24th November 2006 05:00 PM
GotToRollMe Dan, Easy CD-DA Extractor is a great program for creating, converting, ripping and burning all formats. I'd be lost without it.
24th November 2006 05:05 PM
Dan I used EAC to rip and FLAC front end to convert. At least I have more time here, every time I have started a project here I had to bail while it was still unresolved.
24th November 2006 06:41 PM
mike1061
quote:
Dan wrote:
I think it's working, it says "seeding," but not really sure...

ROLLING STONES
LOS ANGELES,CAODGER STADIUM
11/22/06

Thanks
Mike
[Edited by mike1061]
24th November 2006 07:12 PM
G. The Cock New on Dime:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=122676

The Rolling Stones
R.F.K. Stadium
Washington, DC
August 3, 1994
Second show of the Voodoo Lounge World Tour

NTSC DVD

video attributes:
MPEG-2
4:3
720 x 480
audio attributes:
384kbps, MPEG-1 Layer2, 48kHz, stereo

Here's the second one in a series of reauthored DVDs from our Dime friend who wants to remain unknown.
A video source of the second Voodoo Lounge Show has been combined with the best known audio recording!

Source Information:

video:
PAL VHS --> ASUS TV 7134 --> Pinnacle Studio 9

audio:
CD Boot "Welcome To Washington" (original silver discs) --> Isobuster 0.99.8 --> cuts with COOL96
--> speed correction with Dart Pro 98

Cut, edited and transfered to NTSC with TMPGEnc Plus 2.5

authoring:
TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6.34.98

CloneDVD 2 --> DVD-R --> HDD --> Dimeadozen --> You!!!

Artwork included.

Track List:

01 Intro
02 Not Fade Away
03 Undercover Of The Night
04 Tumbling Dice
05 Live With Me
06 You Got Me Rocking
07 Rocks Off
08 Sparks Will Fly
09 Shattered
10 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
11 Beast Of Burden
12 Out Of Tears
13 Memory Motel
14 All Down The Line
15 Miss You
16 Can't Get Next To You
17 Brand New Car
18 Band Introduction
19 Honky Tonk Women
20 Happy
21 The Worst
22 Love Is Strong
23 Monkey Man
24 I Go Wild
25 Start Me Up
26 It's only Rock'n'Roll
27 Street Fighting Man
28 Brown Sugar
29 Jumping Jack Flash

Bonus tracks:

30 Miss You (cut)
31 Memory Motel
32 Happy

From soundcheck 1994-08-03 (audio only from outside the stadium), uncirculated before!

Enjoy!!!

stoned greetings
G. The Cock
24th November 2006 10:27 PM
MRD8 The RFK '94 DVD above has been banned by DIME...tell him to upload it here!
24th November 2006 11:32 PM
Jables For some reason the Dodger Stadium torrent isnt working for me.. Anyone else experiencing this?
25th November 2006 02:58 AM
rnbbird Looks like everyone is at zero...it was a great show!Thanks for the upload!
25th November 2006 04:11 AM
mac_daddy dan - my guess is when you opened the *torrent file to seed, you selected the wrong directory...

logic would say that if you saved the flac files in a folder located at c:\my documents\rs-dodger stadium that this would be where you would direct the bit torrent client when starting to seed. but this is NOT the case - you need to select the PARENT DIR (which in my example would be c:\my documents)

try that, dan - the client should then run a hash check, which takes a while, but you will see the hard drive spinning, and then you will be connected as a seed, and everybody will start downloading from you...

25th November 2006 06:11 AM
SLAVE PLEASE URGENT!!!!what version/label is the DVD of Rolling Stones--Aux Abattoirs-- on the tracker????

THANKS
25th November 2006 07:37 AM
MRD8 I originally uploaded the Aux Abbatoirs that is currently on the tracker...I have NO idea what version it is!
25th November 2006 10:20 AM
GotToRollMe Dan, I use Maketorrent to create my torrents, using the "classic" mode. Like Mac said, you need to point it at the right directory.
http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/torrent/maketorrent/#dl

Once you create the torrent, you can't change anything (not even a typo in the info file) because it will change the hash count, so if you do need to change anything, scrap the old .torrent file and create a new one.

Also, when uploading torrents to the RO tracker, UNCHECK the three boxes that are checked and just ignore the other stuff. The only thing you may want to add is a comment (FLAC, etc.) It's also a good idea to save the actual .torrent file (the small one with the utorrent logo) in your "My Documents", and save the actual files that you're uploading to another directory (I keep a "torrents" file on my desktop for this purpose).

Once you've uploaded the torrent, go back to the tracker page, find your torrent, click on it like you're going to download it, and your torrent client will check it and bring it to 100%, at which time you'll begin seeding.

I know it seems like a lot of stuff, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature. Good luck!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
25th November 2006 01:55 PM
De Meeuw I heard that Los Angeles 22 nov, 2006 is on the tracker
Is this a another version that the version on Dime ?
25th November 2006 02:07 PM
surobrain Can someone who is at 100% on Let it Bleed DVD 2 & 3 please seed? There are several of us who are at 99.9% complete. If I get to 100% I'll keep them going at least a few days uand/or until others get to 100%.

TIA

25th November 2006 03:09 PM
G. The Cock
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
The RFK '94 DVD above has been banned by DIME...tell him to upload it here!

Hey folks,

it was banned due to the fact that our friend transfered the PAL video to NTSC, just to satisfy even those fans overseas who are not able to view PAL... It's a Dime rule not to do that....

I'll upload the DVD here in the next days - stay tuned!

25th November 2006 03:15 PM
Dan
quote:
G. The Cock wrote:

Hey folks,

it was banned due to the fact that our friend transfered the PAL video to NTSC, just to satisfy even those fans overseas who are not able to view PAL... It's a Dime rule not to do that....

I'll upload the DVD here in the next days - stay tuned!

That's strange. Apparently the original source video was in NTSC to begin with.
25th November 2006 06:01 PM
Dan I think it's working now, ignore the other two attempts and choose "Stones Dodger Final" to download.

ROLLING STONES
11/22/06

DSM6->PACLC->PCM1 DAT
TASCAM DA-20->TASCAM CDRW-700->EAC->FLAC FRONTEND

01. -intro-
02. Jumpin' Jack Flash
03. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
04. Lets Spend The Night Together
05. She Was Hot
06. Dead Flowers (with Bonnie Raitt)
07. All Down The Line
08. Midnight Rambler
09. Tumbling Dice
10. -band introductions-
11. You Got The Silver
12. Connection
01. Under My Thumb
02. Oh No Not You Again
03. Start Me Up
04. Honky Tonk Women
05. Sympathy For The Devil
06. Paint It Black
07. Satisfaction
08. Brown Sugar

[Edited by Dan]
25th November 2006 07:22 PM
JayCee
quote:
Dan wrote:
I think it's working now, ignore the other two attempts and choose "Stones Dodger Final" to download.

Thanks Dan, Seems to be working fine. All of your work paid off!! And we get the benefit......

John
25th November 2006 07:35 PM
Dan
quote:
JayCee wrote:

Thanks Dan, Seems to be working fine. All of your work paid off!! And we get the benefit......

John

The sound is a little weird during the B Stage segment because I followed it and got close on Ronnie's side.

If anybody else gets a hundred percent by tomorrow I might be able to also put up my 3/6/06 of which there was a failed attempt to seed several months ago.
25th November 2006 09:42 PM
teddyk2 Ports - What the hell do they mean , and why should I care ???

A port is a passageway for your machine to talk to the outside world .
Ok so far , most bit torrent clients use one port to communicate , they do this because it is easy to set up for most people . Sounds fine to me . That's ok if you do 1 download at a time . But if you do more than 1 , then the torrents you are d/l ing , start to compete for the right to go first , this is all done behide the scenes by your computer .Everything works fine .
But , and this IS A BIG BUTT. . Think of it like a telephone conversation , you talk , the other person listens , then the other person talks , you listen . (Unless you are like my wife , who talks all the time) . But when doing several torrents at the same time , they all line up and take turns communicating .This is measured in terms of milliseconds, but they do start to add up . This results in much slower d/l's , and uploads .
Most clients send info to the torrent asking , what is available , and what they need , then a deal is struck , and the info is sent , this is done with several persons at the same time . This is the concept of bit torrenting .
Now add a bit client that not only asked what is available ,but also , how's the weather there, what time is it , how's your sister , now the conversation takes longer , and all those people lined up to go next in the conversation , start to get pissed , But in reality , it takes a lot longer for the conversation to finish .
Azureus is one of these clients , that likes to talk ,and use only one PORT . Now , you may start to understand , why it take you so long to d/l something .
So what do I do , this talking Wife of mine is driving me nuts ??
The answer is really quite simple , get her off of this line and give her , her own line ..... OR PORT.
So the idea is to have many ports for your computer to talk to the outside world . So it is very important to learn how to set up the ports , but this is not the hard part .The part where most people get "confused " is telling their "firewall" or "virus scanner" to allow the ports to be used . A firewall is like a BIG BOUNCER outside of a bar , he won't let anyone in without a golden pass (Not even my wife) . You now have to tell him ," Any person with Gold Pass 69 (Port) is allowed , any person with Gold PASS 88 (Port) and so on ...... .they are all OK , they're with the Charlie Manson Party of 20 ". This usually has to be done 1 at at time with firewall or virus protection .
So look for a bit client that uses many ports , and has a very small" footprint" (does not like to talk) . In other words , Hi Ma'm , bang , thank you Ma"m ... short and sweet .
I use Burst , have 20 ports set up , ( you can do more), but I have found this to be adequate for me . I usually start late when a torrent is uploaded , but finish amongst the top group of people who finish first .
What I have found , is that , if you understand the BIG CONCEPTS , it is much easier to learn the little parts , it is no longer a bunch of mumbo jumbo ..... ( BTW - I had that soup in New Orlean's or was it Gumbo Jumbo , now I'am confused )
Next week's lecture: " SWARMS " and what do bee's have to do with torrenting.........ha
26th November 2006 12:59 AM
Dan Hey look what I found still on this computer! It's not the Tranehead version which was previously seeded. Be sure to choose "Stones Forum FLAC" for download as my previous aborted attempts still appear on the tracker.

ROLLING STONES
INGLEWOOD,CA:FORUM
3/6/06
DSM6->PACLC->Sony PCM1 DAT->Tascam CDRW700->back to DAT (removing spike at beginning of JJF)->Tascam CDRW700 with levels adjusted->EAC->FLAC

Recorded from upper Collonade toward the top against a wall in a one seat row.

01. -intro-
02. Jumpin' Jack Flash
03. Its Only Rock N Roll
04. Oh No Not You Again
05. Sway
06. Far Away Eyes
07. Worried About You
08. Tumbling Dice
09. Midnight Rambler
10. Gimme Shelter
11. -band intros-
12. This Place Is Empty
13. Happy

01. Miss You
02. Rough Justice
03. Respectable
04. Honky Tonk Women
06. Start Me Up
07. Brown Sugar
08. You Can't Always Get What You Want
09. Satisfaction
26th November 2006 08:33 AM
De Meeuw
quote:
Dan wrote:
I think it's working now, ignore the other two attempts and choose "Stones Dodger Final" to download.

ROLLING STONES
11/22/06

DSM6->PACLC->PCM1 DAT
TASCAM DA-20->TASCAM CDRW-700->EAC->FLAC FRONTEND

01. -intro-
02. Jumpin' Jack Flash
03. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
04. Lets Spend The Night Together
05. She Was Hot
06. Dead Flowers (with Bonnie Raitt)
07. All Down The Line
08. Midnight Rambler
09. Tumbling Dice
10. -band introductions-
11. You Got The Silver
12. Connection
01. Under My Thumb
02. Oh No Not You Again
03. Start Me Up
04. Honky Tonk Women
06. Paint It Black
07. Satisfaction
08. Brown Sugar

[Edited by Dan]

Is this not the same as on Dime ?
26th November 2006 09:10 AM
joguema
quote:
De Meeuw wrote:

Is this not the same as on Dime ?

I believe it's a different recording. At least the DIME artwort does NOT fit this RO-version.

DRNO12 made new artwork for this RO-version (thanks, DRNO12!), which you can find here:

http://www.bootlegzone.com/jfile_browser.php?directory=downloads/Rolling%20Stones/2006/&dest=#here

Look for: LADodgerStadium06.....

joguema
26th November 2006 09:25 AM
joguema
quote:
Dan wrote:
Hey look what I found still on this computer! It's not the Tranehead version which was previously seeded. Be sure to choose "Stones Forum FLAC" for download as my previous aborted attempts still appear on the tracker.

ROLLING STONES
INGLEWOOD,CA:FORUM
3/6/06
DSM6->PACLC->Sony PCM1 DAT->Tascam CDRW700->back to DAT (removing spike at beginning of JJF)->Tascam CDRW700 with levels adjusted->EAC->FLAC

Recorded from upper Collonade toward the top against a wall in a one seat row.

01. -intro-
02. Jumpin' Jack Flash
03. Its Only Rock N Roll
04. Oh No Not You Again
05. Sway
06. Far Away Eyes
07. Worried About You
08. Tumbling Dice
09. Midnight Rambler
10. Gimme Shelter
11. -band intros-
12. This Place Is Empty
13. Happy

01. Miss You
02. Rough Justice
03. Respectable
04. Honky Tonk Women
06. Start Me Up
07. Brown Sugar
08. You Can't Always Get What You Want
09. Satisfaction

DRNO12 made artwork for this one, too (thanks, DRNO):

http://www.bootlegzone.com/jfile_browser.php?directory=downloads/Rolling%20Stones/2006/&dest=downloads/Rolling%20Stones/2006/#here

Look for: ForumInglewood06.....

joguema
26th November 2006 10:10 AM
mac_daddy look at the sources (the recording equipment) - the two are completely different. this is why it is ALWAYS prudent to include ALL source info, and why it is NOT prudent to willy-nilly add eq, etc. just 'cos you think it sounds better that way to you (which is what has happened with a number of sources in the past). please dont do it, and if you have to eq, or alter a source in any way, for God's sake dont share it here publicly, as a source altered by a fan is not worth squat to a collector...

/rant

thanks again, dan - glad you figured it out. i will hop on the forum torrent presently...

26th November 2006 10:27 AM
De Meeuw
quote:
joguema wrote:

I believe it's a different recording. At least the DIME artwort does NOT fit this RO-version.

DRNO12 made new artwork for this RO-version (thanks, DRNO12!), which you can find here:

http://www.bootlegzone.com/jfile_browser.php?directory=downloads/Rolling%20Stones/2006/&dest=#here

Look for: LADodgerStadium06.....

joguema

wich version is the best ?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)