ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Waiting departure to Bangor
The Euston Station, August 24, 1967
© 1967, 2005 Víctor Blackman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OT. The Who on tour again 2006 Return to archive
December 28th, 2005 05:09 PM
christijanus The Who to tour in 2006, Townshend says By Jason MacNeil and Barry A. Jeckell
1 hour, 4 minutes ago

TORONTO/NEW YORK (Billboard) - English rock veterans The Who will return to the stage next year following "a very, very cool" surprise announcement in June, according to guitarist Pete Townshend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Under a Christmas Eve online diary post (http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/) titled "I will go on tour...," the band's driving creative force said all of the shows may be viewable online.

"I have high hopes for the whole tour to be shared to a wide audience at home in a mixture of pay-per-view and free special Web casts," Townshend wrote. "Some of the proceeds will go to charity, of course."

No dates have been confirmed, but Townshend said he expected to unveil some new material on the road.

He had originally hoped to release the first Who studio album since 1982's "It's Hard" this year, but in March relayed news that it had fallen behind schedule due to the studio process and other projects. No new album and drummer Zak Starkey's commitment to touring with Oasis scotched thoughts of a tour in 2005.

"I have said many times... that I am reticent about committing to a tour without a completed new Who album under my belt," Townshend said. "As things stand I am still pushing to produce some more songs. So the announcement (of a 2006 tour) may seem premature. It is not."

While a traditional album is not expected, Townshend said new music will emerge, although it was unknown if it would be in a physical or digital format. "No, it is not an 'EP,"' he says. "It is a truly inspired idea."

"Who manager Bill Curbishley has come up with a great scheme," he said. "What his brilliant idea means is that if I don't have a full 30 tracks ready to go, we can settle on what I do have. So I can commit."

With his London office closed for the holiday season, Curbishley was unreachable for comment about the release of the new music or tour plans.

Townshend denied rumors that his girlfriend and sometime collaborator, Rachel Fuller, would open shows, instead suggesting that his brother Simon Townshend's band, Casbah Club, would be a better fit. "Who fans would love them."

Of his own new music, Townshend says, "I certainly don't give a flying f--- whether anything I write is a hit, or will get played on my beloved rock radio, or sell a million."

"What I care about is that Roger Daltrey feels comfortable with the songs I write so he can sing a few of them on stage -- while I lunge around looking gorgeous and playing show-off guitar like a kid in a music shop," he said. "After 45 years of this crap I've just started to enjoy it."

Reuters/Billboard
December 28th, 2005 05:31 PM
voodoopug This post is very similar to the post that says "For Who Fans"

Joey will be happy.

Sadly, this type of news is now important enough to be posted twice on one of the premier stones message board...I hope we dont lose more ticket sales to a band other than U2, Bon Jovi, etc.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)