ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Waiting departure to Bangor
The Euston Station, August 24, 1967
© 1967, 2005 Víctor Blackman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sir Mick Jagger's Nephew Avoids Jail Stretch Return to archive
December 28th, 2005 02:00 PM
moy Sir Mick Jagger's Nephew Avoids Jail Stretch

Friday, 23rd December 2005, 07:07
Category: Crime and Punishment
LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - Rolling Stone Sir Mick Jagger's wayward nephew narrowly avoided prison for holding two teenage lovers captive.

Ex-crack addict John Jagger - the son of Mick's brother Chris - lured the couple into a car and took them to the flat where they were attacked and threatened by his accomplices.

Harrow Crown Court heard that the gang terrorised Jessie Welch, 18, and his 19-year-old girlfriend Donna Edwards at a squat in Edmonton, north London, for 36 hours to force them to reveal the whereabouts of Welch's brother.

When Welch finally caved in the gang hunted his brother Colt down and stabbed him in revenge for his brutal attack on one of their friends, the court heard.

Jagger, 27, who has 17 previous convictions for burglary and drug offences, escaped jail after the Judge heard he left the squat once he realised the violence was 'spiralling out of control'.

Judge Marcia Levy sentenced Jagger to 200 hours of unpaid community work for his role in the September 2004 episode. He had earlier pleaded guilty to a charge of false imprisonment. The crown offered no evidence on two other counts of kidnap.

The Judge said she was sparing Jagger custody because he had made 'tremendous' efforts to turn his life around since serving a 12 month prison sentence imposed in February 2004.

Jagger's barrister Silas Reid said his client had managed to kick hard drugs since his release and had enrolled at university.

He was said to be in a 'stable relationship' with the manageress of an Oxfam charity shop who is expecting his child.

In his police interview Jagger, of Glastonbury, Somerset, said: "I am not an evil person, and I did not wish to hurt or harm anyone. I did not like any of the whole thing.

"I have had a really hard time the last five years. A lot of different things happened. I have been into rehab and smoking crack."

The court heard that Jagger's mother, ex-model Kari Ann Moller, and father Chris finally believed their son had turned the corner after years of drug addiction when he was out of control.

Judge Levy told Jagger: "I accept that you have made tremendous changes in your life. It is good that you have done so and not before time. Some people need time to do so.

"I do not think it is necessary to impose a custodial sentence. I take the view, having considered this very carefully, that it is not necessary to punish you for that particular offence and it would do you more harm than good in terms of setting back you education your abstinence from drugs and your relationship."

Jagger hugged his mother as he walked from court. Speaking outside court his father said: "I am really pleased that the judge could make her mind up for herself what the best course was and that common sense prevailed.

"Sending him to jail would have wasted all the progress he has made. If prison worked there would not be many people in prison. These kids are not career criminals."

Other gang members were jailed at earlier hearings for their involvement, but the knifeman has never been caught. In February 2004 Jagger was jailed for 12 months for burgling a woman solicitor by climbing through her skylight while she was watching television downstairs
December 28th, 2005 02:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oh no, not you again LOL

This is John last year, pass him the crack pipe Egon

December 28th, 2005 02:13 PM
BILL PERKS ONLY HARD TIME WILL HELP THIS JACK ASS
December 28th, 2005 03:37 PM
gorda
quote:
moy wrote:
Sir Mick Jagger's Nephew Avoids Jail Stretch

Friday, 23rd December 2005, 07:07
Category: Crime and Punishment
LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - Rolling Stone Sir Mick Jagger's wayward nephew narrowly avoided prison for holding two teenage lovers captive.

Ex-crack addict John Jagger - the son of Mick's brother Chris - lured the couple into a car and took them to the flat where they were attacked and threatened by his accomplices. . . .

He was said to be in a 'stable relationship' with the manageress of an Oxfam charity shop who is expecting his child.

. . .

How sad! How sad for the baby! Hopefully, John will change his life around for the sake of his child. But, it's not likely. With a father like that, I wonder what the future holds for that poor baby! Breaks my heart.
December 29th, 2005 07:27 AM
glencar Man, weak judges are everywhere!
December 29th, 2005 11:36 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ONLY HARD TIME WILL HELP THIS JACK ASS

Sadly, you're probably right.
December 29th, 2005 12:22 PM
the good What an idiot Mick's brother is. These KIDS are not career criminals? The guy is 27 years old.
December 29th, 2005 12:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
moy wrote:
Ex-crack addict John Jagger -

Does "Ex-crack"stand for Excellent Crack"? Or is it Ex crack-addict?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)