ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Waiting departure to Bangor
The Euston Station, August 24, 1967
© 1967, 2005 Víctor Blackman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: you got the silver appreciation thread Return to archive
December 27th, 2005 08:52 PM
prodigalson the first time Keith Richards sang the entire lead vocal...this song is sooo good. Anyone agree?
December 27th, 2005 08:55 PM
RSRTG I agree wiv ya, this song is great. I could be wrong but I think I remember reading somewhere that this song was used in a movie......can anyone confirm?
December 27th, 2005 09:19 PM
T&A real nice version of this song leads off Susan Tedeschi's new album, replete with slide work done by her hubby, the esteemed Derek Trucks. Great album...got it cued up in the van at the moment....
December 27th, 2005 10:12 PM
Soldatti Nice song, great words on it.
December 27th, 2005 10:13 PM
Martha
quote:
T&A wrote:
real nice version of this song leads off Susan Tedeschi's new album, replete with slide work done by her hubby, the esteemed Derek Trucks. Great album...got it cued up in the van at the moment....

I swear I was just wondering (because I was remembering when I met Derek when he played the Blue Gator in Athens this fall) if he'd ever tour and had he played with his wife....not having any idea if they'd recorded together...and then the thought passed. Then I read your news and recall my earlier thoughts. :-)

What is the name of her album I must hear it!?! Thanks for the info!

xxoo,
Martha
December 28th, 2005 07:00 AM
Jair Much likely I'm alone on this, but I rather the version with Mick Jagger on lead vocal
December 28th, 2005 11:42 AM
Dick Bush Most beautiful peace, and such a masterful excellence of the guitar playing too. Works with me so good after so many years.
December 28th, 2005 12:14 PM
Saint Sway simply one of the greatest song ever recorded
December 28th, 2005 01:33 PM
lotsajizz I'm with Jair, wlthough the KR version is great, Mick sings it better.

December 28th, 2005 03:56 PM
Gimme Shelter It's probally my favorite Keith tune.
December 28th, 2005 05:38 PM
James Burton An absolutely beautiful tune. The arrangement is so laid back with some superb slide work (is it reversed in places? - what is the strange echo effect?) Really starts to come into it's own when Keith cranks it up a gear at the end. A truly understated song.
However, the version with Mick on lead vox is stunning. Hard to say which I like best really.

Who cut the lead vocals first?
December 28th, 2005 05:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
It's probally my favorite Keith tune.

I appreciated it on the NO Security tour, especially later in the tour when both Keith and Ronnie played slide
December 28th, 2005 10:12 PM
Gimme Shelter Yeah he played it at the first Sacramento show and it was awesome.
December 29th, 2005 07:33 AM
glencar Wasn't it in that Zabriskie Point movie? I never liked it until No Security. I do agree with those who like MJ's vox better.
December 29th, 2005 09:09 PM
corgi37 I am yet to hear the Mick vocal version. But, i love this song. The song builds so beautifully. I love the backward tracking. Keith's vocal really moves me. The way the drums come in is fantastic too. But, now you've done it. I have to play Let it Bleed.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)