ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Waiting departure to Bangor
The Euston Station, August 24, 1967
© 1967, 2005 Víctor Blackman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NYE: MiKe hUNT Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 27th, 2005 11:11 AM
Saint Sway its a little tradition here in NYC, every NYE The Mike Hunt Band plays a Stones album in its entirety at Lakeside Lounge.

This years chosen album is "Love You Live"

fyi... "Mike Hunt" is a female Stones cover band. And they rock. Fun stuff. No cover.
December 27th, 2005 11:25 AM
jb Do they play better than the current Stones?
December 27th, 2005 11:59 AM
Saint Sway The Mike Hunt band is very good. Its a fun time, but no they're no way near as good as the real deal.

The Salt Lake Incident aside, The Stones sound as great as ever this tour. Best they've sounded in many years!!

If you want to hear a band that sounds better than the Stones that night, you'll have to go to MSG.
December 27th, 2005 12:08 PM
Nellcote Everyone should take heed in the immortal words found on boxes of Chinese made devices..."Light fuse-Get away"
December 27th, 2005 12:09 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Everyone should take heed in the immortal words found on boxes of Chinese made devices..."Light fuse-Get away"

SEe PM
December 27th, 2005 08:30 PM
mac_daddy hey sway - you gonna hit any of the allmans' beacon run this year..?

December 28th, 2005 04:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
hey sway - you gonna hit any of the allmans' beacon run this year..?

I never miss it. Will definately be in attendance for my bday throughout Saint Patrick's Weekend. You should fly in. The March Beacon shows are a fantastic experience.

going to see Mule at the Beacon tomorrow night.

Lethargy, you up for Allmans in '06?

December 28th, 2005 04:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
The Mike Hunt band is very good. Its a fun time, but no they're no way near as good as the real deal.

The Salt Lake Incident aside, The Stones sound as great as ever this tour. Best they've sounded in many years!!

If you want to hear a band that sounds better than the Stones that night, you'll have to go to MSG.

Many seats are still available at MSG...this is one of the slower selling events at MSG...even slower than the stones Jan shows!!!
December 28th, 2005 04:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Many seats are still available at MSG...this is one of the slower selling events at MSG...even slower than the stones Jan shows!!!

you're either misinformed or been given incorrect info. The show has sold well. Both pre-sales sold out in minutes. The venue holds 14k. As of 2 weeks ago, prior to announcing the addition of Trey, The Crowes had sold 12k. Currently there are only a smattering of seats available in the 300 section.

I'd be shocked if this sold out completely. Sadly, these days only the massively popular bands like U2, Springsteen and Stones can fill the arenas. But the Crowes will do solid. They may fall short of a sell out - hell, they pride themselves on never "selling out" (pun) - but the joint will be packed.

and most importantly, they will burn the midnight lamp and play long into the night!

December 28th, 2005 04:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

you're either misinformed or been given incorrect info. The show has sold well. Both pre-sales sold out in minutes. The venue holds 14k. As of 2 weeks ago, prior to announcing the addition of Trey, The Crowes had sold 12k. Currently there are only a smattering of seats available in the 300 section.

I'd be shocked if this sold out completely. Sadly, these days only the massively popular bands like U2, Springsteen and Stones can fill the arenas. But the Crowes will do solid. They may fall short of a sell out - hell, they pride themselves on never "selling out" (pun) - but the joint will be packed.

and most importantly, they will burn the midnight lamp and play long into the night!

Sadly, MSG seats 19K for concerts and will have the appearance of a minor league baseball game in the stands. It is a shame too, I think the Crowes are a pretty good band and not deserving of this. Even adding Trey to the mix (of which i am told enraged many "Amoricans" as they generally hate Phish, see...www.amorica.org).

Many sections will be tarped off or tickets given away to fill the house. Sadly, many will miss what is sure to be an entertaining night. I hope no one acts irresponsibly and over indulges and then tries to drive home.
December 28th, 2005 04:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, MSG seats 19K for concerts

MSG can be configured to seat a variety of different capacities. The NYE shows are always configured to house 14k. It can then be expanded if necessary. The Crowes are hoping to hit 16k.

Last NYE, Wilco fell terribly short of filling the venue. It was ugly.

btw, speaking of the different seating arrangements, I regret to inform you that the dispised U2ers sell out the ENTIRE arena, including the behind the stage seating that our Stones black out. They take advantage of all the brainless sheep that flock to see them by filling every last nook and crany in the venue with their circular stage. Surprisingly their are thousands of pathetic U2 fans that happily cram all 3 levels of seats behind the stage just to have a view of the back of the band. The Stones may be greedy, but U2s level of greed is dispicable.
December 28th, 2005 04:56 PM
voodoopug Thankfully, WILCO has made the crowes ticket sales look better. between the stones and the Crowes, nearly half of the arena will be tarped off...humiliating

Now you see what josh and I mean about NYC no longer being a stones town, U2 would be able to sell out 10-16 consecutive nights at MSG.....U2 is truly the most popular band in NYC, but may fall short of our ticket sales record!!!!!
December 28th, 2005 05:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Now you see what josh and I mean about NYC no longer being a stones town, U2 would be able to sell out 10-16 consecutive nights at MSG.....U2 is truly the most popular band in NYC, but may fall short of our ticket sales record!!!!!

I hear you. U2 has tried to steal NY from us. Worst part is they've stolen our tricks (see NYC flat bed truck promo)

however...

Stones own NYC. Always have. Always will.

U2 are merely pretenders to the throne. They will never surpass us.
December 28th, 2005 05:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I hear you. U2 has tried to steal NY from us. Worst part is they've stolen our tricks (see NYC flat bed truck promo)

however...

Stones own NYC. Always have. Always will.

U2 are merely pretenders to the throne. They will never surpass us.

It is honorable for you to still hold the stones as #1 in NYC, but sadly, the numbers dont lie....Neither the STones or the Black Crowes can draw in NYC when compared to the new Darlings of NYC....U2.....many on this board are U2 fans and must not be considered die hard stones fans....thankfully, you are not afraid to attack U2 on this most prestigious of stones message boards. I hope to greet you!!!
December 28th, 2005 05:52 PM
Saint Sway Pug, I dont recall the exact quote, but Chris Robinson had a good zing at Bono... "one second Bono is preaching about erasing the world debt. The next second he's charging $180 a ticket to see his band."

from now on I will only refer to Bono's boys as "FU2"

bottom line, and I believe this to be true, the Stones could of sold more MSG shows in 05 and 06. If they didnt charge $500 for seats they could do a a 4 or 5 night run. The Stones greed is standing in the way of their success. They need to bring prices back down to earth and they could string together more NY shows like during Bridges.

The Crowes run of sold-out shows in March at the Hammerstein Ballroom was a good sign.

theres still people that want to see real rock and roll bands and arent brainless sheep that lap up the Kool Aid of Top 40 formulatic bands like FU2.
December 28th, 2005 06:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Pug, I dont recall the exact quote, but Chris Robinson had a good zing at Bono... "one second Bono is preaching about erasing the world debt. The next second he's charging $180 a ticket to see his band."

from now on I will only refer to Bono's boys as "FU2"

bottom line, and I believe this to be true, the Stones could of sold more MSG shows in 05 and 06. If they didnt charge $500 for seats they could do a a 4 or 5 night run. The Stones greed is standing in the way of their success. They need to bring prices back down to earth and they could string together more NY shows like during Bridges.

The Crowes run of sold-out shows in March at the Hammerstein Ballroom was a good sign.

theres still people that want to see real rock and roll bands and arent brainless sheep that lap up the Kool Aid of Top 40 formulatic bands like FU2.

I thought the Crowes show was entertaining, but they need to at least sell out one show at MSG to call it a "crowes town" a run at the Hammerstein does not put them up with the big players (too small of a capacity and virtually no gross profit to speak of) and traveling the country as the opener to a Tom Petty Greatest Hits show was not very encouraging either. The crowd was very dead for the Crowes at the Petty/Crowes show I saw. It was a horrible pairing if you ask me. The Crowes should have done this tour on their own, sticking to major markets only and co headlining with a band like Velvet Revolver instead! They need to hire young Jake Cohl immediately!!!!

I like your new name for U2
December 28th, 2005 06:11 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
The crowd was very dead for the Crowes at the Petty/Crowes show I saw. It was a horrible pairing if you ask me. The Crowes should have done this tour on their own, sticking to major markets only and co headlining with a band like Velvet Revolver instead! They need to hire young Jake Cohl immediately!!!!

You will happy to hear that the Robinson brothers were equally disgusted and have sworn off ever opening for another band ever again.

of course, if the Stones ever called again.... all promises go out the window.

young Jake are you listening??

Pug,
we have thread drifted way off course... back to the thread... may I suggest that the Voodoo Pugs steal a page from Mike Hunt Band and start an annual Stones album tribute night in its entirety.
December 29th, 2005 07:18 AM
glencar Crowes suck ass but ain't no way you can say that NYC is no longer a Stones town. That's just bullshit. A joke's a joke, Pugsley, but sometimes you go too far & you piss me off. Stop this shit now, please.
December 29th, 2005 07:22 AM
Nellcote Wasn't Pugsley in the Addams Family?
December 29th, 2005 07:25 AM
glencar Shhh!
December 29th, 2005 07:30 AM
Nellcote Come to Bahston, I just scored floor seats on Ebay for $150 for 01/15!
December 29th, 2005 07:31 AM
glencar No-can-do. MSG requires extensive time off work whilst I gallivant in NYC. Come to MSG. Apparently it's still wide open - for the Black Crowes!
December 29th, 2005 07:34 AM
Nellcote MSG is still in the mix.
It's my busy time of year.
I'm not ruling it out.
I recall waking up one Thursday
in September, and several hours later
I was @ Giants Stadium, so anything is possible.
December 29th, 2005 07:39 AM
glencar Do it! I see Martha is!
December 29th, 2005 08:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Crowes suck ass but ain't no way you can say that NYC is no longer a Stones town. That's just bullshit. A joke's a joke, Pugsley, but sometimes you go too far & you piss me off. Stop this shit now, please.

Please subjectively watch the crowd during the next MSG show. Sorry to anger you as you are well respected by me, but there are not many real "stones towns" anymore...Even Chicago has lost its zing! All I ask is that you subjectively compare the buzz around town when the Stones are in town and then while U2 is in town. I may be wrong, but I remember when they were both in Chicago.
December 29th, 2005 01:32 PM
glencar NYC & Philly are still Stones towns. You might be right about Chicago. My initial anger is dissipating as I've had some nice sleep.
December 29th, 2005 01:36 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Crowes suck ass but ain't no way you can say that NYC is no longer a Stones town. That's just bullshit. A joke's a joke, Pugsley, but sometimes you go too far & you piss me off. Stop this shit now, please.

It is no longer the Stones Mecca..only 1 Giant Stadim show..nuff said. New York crowds no different than any other...just more obnoxious.
December 29th, 2005 01:38 PM
glencar Only when certain people show up & give you "the back of their hand"!
December 29th, 2005 01:39 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Only when certain people show up & give you "the back of their hand"!

Blue, really, the NY market was far better to U2 this tour...we really did not do well, and hence, you got no club show...N.Y. let the boys down.
December 29th, 2005 01:44 PM
glencar No club show was ever planned. They made a fortune as usual in NYC. Had they had more realistic prices, they could've played at least one more stadium or 2 more MSG shows.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)