ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Waiting departure to Bangor
The Euston Station, August 24, 1967
© 1967, 2005 Víctor Blackman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Howe am i ever gonna quit smoking... Return to archive
December 26th, 2005 05:31 PM
egon if santa brings me gifts like these;

December 26th, 2005 05:41 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat You're not I guess my Dutch-friend-in-France
December 26th, 2005 05:59 PM
pdog I've got a few cool Zippos... I've quit before, for three years, and the lighters weren't more important than my lungs. I'm still smoking now, and I'm really ready to quit again.
In all seriousness, the patch worked for me, I don't even want one when I wear them... However I hate smoking b/c it makes me feel like shit...
Hope I wasn't to serious.
Love the lighter... no good for bongs or bowls, but they light joints too.
December 26th, 2005 06:32 PM
James Burton That lighter is a beauty! I am planing on giving up also. Shit. I love smoking but it's fucking me up good and proper.
December 26th, 2005 10:03 PM
stonesmachine
quote:
James Burton wrote:
That lighter is a beauty! I am planing on giving up also. Shit. I love smoking but it's fucking me up good and proper.

me too, so lets quit!!!
December 26th, 2005 10:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
stonesmachine wrote:

me too, so lets quit!!!

I quit cold turkey....i have decided that it is mind over matter, you must be 100% commited to it otherwise, it will not happen
December 26th, 2005 10:46 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I quit cold turkey....i have decided that it is mind over matter, you must be 100% commited to it otherwise, it will not happen

Good for you Pug... I think I could go cold turkey, but I do get major dt's in the form of uncotrollable assholism. The wife would either make me wear a patch or buy me a pack...
December 26th, 2005 11:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

Good for you Pug... I think I could go cold turkey, but I do get major dt's in the form of uncotrollable assholism. The wife would either make me wear a patch or buy me a pack...

My wife threatened to throw stuff at me/stab me many times when I first quit. As a compromise, she allows me to enjoy a fine cigar about 6-8 times a year.
December 27th, 2005 12:37 AM
parmeda egon, I love the "mocha" style zippo.
I have a RS lighter that I received as a gift years ago...and believe it or not, it's my lame excuse for continuing smoking. When you open it, it has "Rolling Stones" on the inside around the edge. I hate to part with the damn thing, it's so fricken cool!

...a word of warning.
Keep it out of reach to tele, TomL & Nanky.
They have tried, unsuccessfully, to yank mine in the past.
Guard yours with your life.
Threaten them with bodily harm.
They will back off...lol
December 28th, 2005 07:21 AM
Jair
quote:
egon wrote:
if santa brings me gifts like these;

Dont quit, Egon! The lighter is sooooooo cool!!!!!!
If I was you, I'd send it to me.
Shall I send my mail address?
Look that: I dreamed about your lighter last nite.

The point is: are you planning a long file, like more than 50? If so, quit. If not, go ahead. Any year after the 50's is just like a fucking bonus.

I quit 5 years ago and now I have to take three antidepressives/day. Wasn't a good trade. I'm spending more money and fucking more my health now.

Also, I gained 12 kilos, I eat now like a pig and the weight I gained is hurtful to my health -- to not to mention to fucking cold turkey. I suffered like a pig. Or a pug, (depending who is the pug owner).

I quit, anyway, because my lungers were fucked up. For example, I walked a block and got breathless. So, I've decided try a health life, and it's not worthing.

I'm completing 44 yrs just today (!!!) and life after 40 sux, every day sux more. I'll commit suicide every moment from now on.
Whos interested in get old? I'm NOT!!!Thanks!!!
Whats the advantages? HUH?

But, the lighter is no excusas to not quit. My girl smoke, for example, and I don't care. Fuck her. Of course, I've asked her to not smoke when near of my dog. And...no more french kisses!!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)