ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Waiting departure to Bangor
The Euston Station, August 24, 1967
© 1967, 2005 Víctor Blackman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Favorite boots of the first leg... Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 22nd, 2005 04:58 PM
deuce I believe this topic was brought up before, but now that it's been a while since the final show I thought I'd ask again. Also because I just obtained some more shows.

My favorites are Hershey, Moncton, Charlottesville, and Hollywood Bowl first night (the matrix mix is great).
December 22nd, 2005 06:40 PM
Dan I havent really gone all out this time but I really like that Hartford DVD for some reason. A friend says Fresno but I haven't really had much else to compare it to.
December 22nd, 2005 08:31 PM
Soldatti Columbus
December 22nd, 2005 10:50 PM
pdog I thought that matrix sucked!
Columbus is really good...
December 23rd, 2005 12:40 AM
T&A The Matrix mix rules. Houston #2.
December 23rd, 2005 12:41 AM
T&A hey Dan - are we gonna get the Fresno (audio, not DVD) torrented? C'mon! I gotta hear the first three songs (for the first time - pdog knows of what I speak).
December 23rd, 2005 03:59 AM
pdog
quote:
T&A wrote:
The Matrix mix rules. Houston #2.

Is there more than one matrix out there? The one I heard was not clear and just didn't sound good. I've heard other ALD's and this is the worst I ever heard, but I keep thinking there's another source and I got the bad one...
Frasno... Damn that was a close call... We thought we lost there... What a come back!
That story is something that the folks at NYC Summit will be in awe of... Literally, very biblical, a resurection, no!
December 23rd, 2005 06:22 AM
Jumping Jack Charlottesville, Houston, Pignose Fenway 1.

Columbus was clear but not a particularly good show.
December 23rd, 2005 10:31 AM
mac_daddy spyder9's houston
cbd's c'ville
giants stadium (unreleased source - thanks to the bootleggers, still waiting to hear the same taper's other recordings - duke and one other, i believe)
josephine's petco
spyder9's albany
josephine's hollywood bowl (night 1)
josephine's anaheim

____

t&a - would you post a link to that matrix. the one i heard blows. i guess pdog and i are listening to the wrong one...

dan's fresno recording will get torrented as soon as i get over there to pick it up from him, and seeing as how it is christmas, that likely will not happen until next week (it was supposed to happen yesterday, but family matters took precedence(sp?) ). there is another recording of fresno, but i dont think the taper is down with torrenting it (because of the freeloaders that turn around and offer it up as a boot for sale)...

December 23rd, 2005 11:02 AM
voodoopug HOllywood Bowl 2
Columbus

are the ones that I keep listening to, also I like the Houston CD a bit.
December 23rd, 2005 11:04 AM
Jumacfly Are there good Sdb or these are just good audience recordings??
December 23rd, 2005 11:05 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Are there good Sdb or these are just good audience recordings??

AUD
December 23rd, 2005 11:15 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Are there good Sdb or these are just good audience recordings??

Only soundboard recordings that I know of are:

Press Conference (my soundboard version has Ronnie's guitar not heard, but my aud version has him front and center)
Waiting on a Friend/Rough Justice from Milwaukee
Rough Justice/Start Me Up from Detroit
The Salt Lake Incident

and I beleive that is all!

Audience recordings have really come a long way since 94-97....very few unlistenable recordings out there!
December 23rd, 2005 11:24 AM
T&A there are only two "line" recordings circulating - the two Hollywood Bowl ALD sources.
December 23rd, 2005 11:25 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Only soundboard recordings that I know of are:

Press Conference (my soundboard version has Ronnie's guitar not heard, but my aud version has him front and center)
Waiting on a Friend/Rough Justice from Milwaukee
Rough Justice/Start Me Up from Detroit
The Salt Lake Incident

and I beleive that is all!

Audience recordings have really come a long way since 94-97....very few unlistenable recordings out there!

thanks for the tips guys.
A few years ago I ve bought Amsterdam 98 in audience...my stereo just puked bcuz of the shitty sound!
December 23rd, 2005 11:31 AM
Dan I was only kidding about hoarding Fresno. Whatever blanks I had left at the end of Nov I used to run friends copies. You can hear Beast Of Burden here. I am on dialup with a single phone line so I cant torrent anything.

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3QAPTMGZ82BHN1XJR21XE7CS9I

And look at my trade list here

http://www.geocities.com/ijwthstd
December 23rd, 2005 11:36 AM
voodoopug
quote:
T&A wrote:
there are only two "line" recordings circulating - the two Hollywood Bowl ALD sources.

I think they sound just like the good audience recordings...by no means close to a soundboard.
December 23rd, 2005 12:38 PM
Dan intro tape

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0RM3W79LE7FU50T9QIZ7ZDQHG0

Start Me Up

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=15HN3KRLO12U902E6PZPZVDX5C

IORR

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2BA9VKWIF2D0E0J91VYBLZBW62

Live With Me

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1PV8ZG6A1B4AF0KRKGGEBCWDBD
December 23rd, 2005 01:41 PM
T&A Wow Dan! Killer recording. This will contend for honors as best of the year! It's so good that in listening to those first 3 tunes the realism of it is making me sweat! ;-)
December 23rd, 2005 02:13 PM
Dan I wasn't even trying for good taper seats, it was just so accidental! But getting a nice recording made all the hassle of getting there and back on a depressing Greyhound worth it since I regretted buying the ticket the moment I got it and realized I had to be at work the next morning.
December 23rd, 2005 02:42 PM
T&A man, Dan....doesn't your work place have telephones where you can cough into and tell them you're deathly ill today? it would have been great to hook up with you there - maybe another time
December 23rd, 2005 04:55 PM
Dan
quote:
T&A wrote:
man, Dan....doesn't your work place have telephones where you can cough into and tell them you're deathly ill today? it would have been great to hook up with you there - maybe another time

Boss was going to be on vacation and it was my responsibility to hold down the fort, it was something planned over a year in advance. I haven't called in sick in over 2 years and I pretty much get any day off I ask for. I don't think I will ever do the Greyhound thing again.

I will be at the Forum but heading in early to see Queens Of The Stone Age.
December 23rd, 2005 05:06 PM
T&A adult responsibility sucks
December 23rd, 2005 10:02 PM
glencar HFD DVD is the best! I won it at a shidobeeeee party in ATL!
December 25th, 2005 04:37 AM
blackandblue According to my local dealer SB recordings are expected in januari
December 25th, 2005 05:47 AM
Jumping Jack Atlanta knows how to party. Lots of free CDs, DVDs, and drinks!!! Southern hospitality, y'all.

ATLANTA DESERVES ANOTHER SHOW!!!
December 25th, 2005 10:54 AM
gimmekeef Yes we do Jumpin Jack...and thanks to you for a big part of the hospitality...Merry Christmas..
December 27th, 2005 05:24 AM
Jumping Jack I will gladly wear out another burner for a repeat show/party!!!

Time to show who runs this band, Chuck!!!
December 27th, 2005 02:48 PM
gustavobala what´s cities are:

hershey
moncton
charlottesville(charlotte?)
December 27th, 2005 05:36 PM
leandro siqueira Fenway Park (2nd show)
The version of She's So Cold is really amazing!!

cheers ;P
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)