ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks TT!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: This might make your blood boil Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-30-02 02:41 PM
Fiji Joe This might make you blood boil...A local radio station took a vote on the 50 greatest rock n' roll bands of all time...the results:

50) Santana..... 49) Genesis & Phil Collins..... 48) Ted Nugent..... 47) Allman Brothers..... 46) Yes..... 45) Neil Young..... 44) Paul McCartney..... 43) Stevie Ray Vaughan..... 42) Fleetwood Mac..... 41) KISS..... 40) Doobie Brothers..... 39) Bon Jovi..... 38) Heart..... 37) Guns 'n' Roses..... 36) Police..... 35) Joe Walsh..... 34) Cars..... 33) Creedence Clearwater Revival..... 32) Sammy Hagar..... 31) Foreigner..... 30) John Mellencamp..... 29) Queen..... 28) Rush..... 27) REO Speedwagon..... 26) Journey..... 25) Kansas..... 24) OZZY Osbourne..... 23) Bad Company..... 22) Def Leppard..... 21) Steve Miller..... 20) Styx..... 19) The Who..... 18) Boston..... 17) U2..... 16) Bob Seger..... 15) Jimi Hendrix..... 14) Eric Clapton..... 13) Tom Petty..... 12) Bruce Springsteen..... 11) Doors..... 10) Lynyrd Skynyrd..... 9) AC/DC..... 8) ZZ Top..... 7) Led Zeppelin..... 6) Eagles..... 5) Pink Floyd..... 4) Rolling Stones..... 3) Van Halen..... 2) Beatles..... 1) Aerosmith!.....

C'mon...Van Halen, Aerosmith, the Fucking Beatles!!!...And damn, look how low The Who and the Allman Brothers registered...btw, this vote took place in Kansas City...Kansas City faggots
12-30-02 02:47 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Wow. This list sucks.

Big time.

Aerosmith at #1? I just don't get what people see in them. Ah well.

Why the hell are the Who not above... well... almost everyone?

Man, I ain't goin' anywhere *near* Kansas City radio...

-tSYX --- Well a young man ain't got nuthin' in the world these days...
12-30-02 03:09 PM
telecaster
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
This might make you blood boil...A local radio station took a vote on the 50 greatest rock n' roll bands of all time...the results:

C'mon...Van Halen, Aerosmith, the Fucking Beatles!!!...And damn, look how low The Who and the Allman Brothers registered...btw, this vote took place in Kansas City...Kansas City faggots

My God, and I thought only Chicago radio was bad.
12-30-02 03:24 PM
jb I surprised the Stones finished that high...with all the beatle lovers and Aerosmith lovers we have on a Stones site, it's no wonder...
12-30-02 04:43 PM
Cant Catch Me Apalling, but hardly surprising. The people they asked probably just blurted out the names of the last six or so bands they heard songs by on the radio (and you KNOW how bad radio sucks), and then the three or four bands they liked in college, or high school, or junior high, or wherever, meaning the bands that they think were the favorites of the supposedly cool people that the half-witted people taking the survey wanted to be the most like. And, being in Kansas City makes it a little worse, but not a whole hell of a lot worse, than it'd be anywhere. So, it ain't rock n' roll, and I don't like it.
12-30-02 06:56 PM
lin it pains me to see an inferior band like aerosmith ahead of the stones, but ZZ top at #8 says it all really. and look at all those cheesy acts ahead of creedence. just laughable
12-30-02 07:02 PM
stonedinaustralia "yes"??? "genesis"??? "rock and roll"???....what???

and joey thinks he says "huh"

12-30-02 07:49 PM
Prodigal Son Good god, how stupid can a list get. I mean, REO Speedwagon? Rock? The two words don't go together. Even the guys in the dumbass band would think this list is ridiculous. Journey, Foreigner, Kansas, Yes, Genesis, Rush, Boston? That's classic schlock. Don't people realize that this crap was laid to rest by punk and REAL rock bands like the Clash. Why public appeal always tends toward the catchy, bland, soulless, inoffensive, unoriginal, uninspiring, gimmicky, annoying and forumlatic is beyond me. Damn the radio!!! Damn the media!!! The whole list is a sham really. Aerosmith #1? Why, because they sell more records, have tons of gullible fans, came back from drugged-out nothingness and keep releasing cheap-ass records that imitate current rock acts in an attempt to pretend they're young when they're ALL over 50. But the Stones are an emberassment, you see. They've never come back from the brink (but the 80s was close), they haven't made any commercial comebacks and their songs don't sell millions. They just suck, right? Why is public opinion like that? Let's get some facts straight. Those guys were weak-ass dope fiends while at least Keith was the only with the Stones with a drug addiction (Brian maybe before he died, which no Aerosmith member has had happen may I point out) but he remained true ever since and during his addictions. Joey Kramer can't tune Charlie's drums, Tom Hamilton can't adjust Bill's toupee, Brad Whitford ain't no rhythmic genuis either-he can't stay sober drinking Keith's vodka and sunkist, Joe Perry wishes he was Keith but he really can't fit into Keith's skull rings and Steven Tyler thinks he's Mick with all the big lips and sexual stage moves but he really can't bear the presence of Mick at all. End of story!
12-30-02 07:53 PM
scrotum c10 home I hope Joey Kramer gets his hand hacked off and eaten by bono and his friends...
12-30-02 08:28 PM
gypsymofo60 Why would anyone get all worked up over what some cowboy, commercial radio station plays, lists, or thinks?...They obviously didn't ask anyone under 35 who they would nominate either....Whether it's The States, Europe, or Australia, radio sucks!...Oh! JB's right! All of us who like,(and I stress LIKE), Aerosmith and The Beatles should be removed from the board- sharpish! I mean, we're so disloyal.
12-30-02 08:53 PM
Poplar
As I read through the list my stomach turned.
To see "The Rolling Stones" appear among such filth was upsetting to say the least. Bob Segar? Sid I see STYX on there? Have mercy, Lord.
12-30-02 09:10 PM
littleredrooster Well, Aerosmith does have the best Mick Jagger Impersonator!!!
12-30-02 09:29 PM
Scot Rocks Looks like a list that might eminate from VH1, in fact this piece of shit reminds me of a program i was watching a few nights back on ch.4 of the 10 greatest stadium rock bands, guess who was no.1...yep you have guessed it Aeroshit!, supported by "great" bands like Poison, Bon Jovi - Christmas Star Wars album anybody!!!! - Motley Crew etc, no Stones in sight.

What is happnin folks?????!!!!!!!!

Mark
12-30-02 09:37 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I've gotta agree with gypsymofo. Commercial radio has always sucked, and it's even starting to seep down into the "Classic Rock" stations, who generally are retreating further into the 50s or plunging headlong into the deathtrap that is the 80s, leaving the good stuff in the 70s (and there was a lot of bad stuff that's remained for the most part thankfully buried) and the mid-to-late-post-British-Invasion-fallout 60s stuff all behind.

I heard someone say somewhere that "Stuck Inside A Cloud" (Harrison's latest) and "Don't Stop" would have been vying (sp?) for the top spot as late as even ten years ago, but now both in the US have been covered in this pop trash.

Makes ya sick, doesn't it? Good music not being popular?

How did we get here?

-tSYX --- It means a lot...
12-30-02 10:00 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
I've gotta agree with gypsymofo. Commercial radio has always sucked, and it's even starting to seep down into the "Classic Rock" stations, who generally are retreating further into the 50s or plunging headlong into the deathtrap that is the 80s, leaving the good stuff in the 70s (and there was a lot of bad stuff that's remained for the most part thankfully buried) and the mid-to-late-post-British-Invasion-fallout 60s stuff all behind.

I heard someone say somewhere that "Stuck Inside A Cloud" (Harrison's latest) and "Don't Stop" would have been vying (sp?) for the top spot as late as even ten years ago, but now both in the US have been covered in this pop trash.

Makes ya sick, doesn't it? Good music not being popular?

How did we get here?

-tSYX --- It means a lot...

It is indeed a sad phenomenon that real, pure and music have been enveloped in this cess pit of made in Tawian manufactured shite. I can't put on the TV here, without seeing that cunt Will Young who won pop idol here pussying around and ruining the songs he is covering to the adoration of thousands. Radio does suck big time and I rarely listen to any of the stations here anymore, only when my batttery is going flat on my cd player and well sometimes the engine noise of a old double decker bus is more appealing than what is on offer. I am just so glad that I discovered the Stones, through this crap and it is understandable that many don't become fans of this music when they have no medium on offer where they can hear or see it. I pity them as well when I thank the lord above for showing me the light.

Time to run 20 red lights in his honour...speak to you all later.

Mark
12-31-02 12:34 AM
Nasty Habits I suggest you all dig a little deeper into the contemporary scene and discover a little light at the end of the tunnel. And next time you're in Kansas City, stop by the excellent record shop Recycled Sounds, or turn your dial to 90.1 KKFI Public Radio.

Of course the mainstream has turned entertainment into a boring morass of mediocrity and disappointment. But just because they put shit on your plate don't mean you got to eat it! Go eat out! Isn't that the primary message on the board these days?

12-31-02 01:03 AM
sirmoonie Sorry Feej, but one of the worst things on there is seeing a hack like Nugent up there with the Allmans and Young. Or even on there at all.

Damn Yankees. Man that stuff sucked!
12-31-02 01:06 AM
Martha
I never listen to the radio....fuck that shit. Gimme my boots anyday of the week.
12-31-02 02:02 AM
Highwire Rob

TOMMY SHAW RULES!!!! And he'll be competing in the Best Hair thread contest gainst the likes of Keef...Kansas City voters: tune in your hair spritzers.

O.K., just this is just for a laugh, but I do like his Girls With Guns song--came out when I was in eleventh grade. I got to burn that one to CD sometime...take me back to my Breakfast Club Prom Days.

Stand tall, don't think small
Don't get your back against the wall
Shoot straight, I can't wait
Aim for the heart and fire away....

btw, Fiji, did you know that basketball player Bill Lambier was one of the Sleestaks. Guess the "acting" part payed some pocket money while he attended UCAL (or wherever he went).
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
12-31-02 02:30 AM
gypsy Sammy Hagar, John Mellencamp, Joe Walsh...bands? I just don't get it...
[Edited by gypsy]
12-31-02 05:49 AM
magicwoman I hate aerosmith
those faggets
12-31-02 06:30 AM
egon it's a LOCAL radio station.

just let it be (no beatles reference jb!),

and enjoy this last day of the year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-31-02 09:54 AM
LadyJane I agree with egon! It's KANSAS CITY RADIO for God's sake! If I let my blood boil everytime the Stones aren't given their "props", I'd have stroked long ago! We all know who belongs at Number 1 and that's all that counts. Happy New Year everyone!!
12-31-02 10:16 AM
Dandelion*
quote:
telecaster wrote:

My God, and I thought only Chicago radio was bad.

What's wrong with WXRT?

Funny thing - I've been listening to this radio station out of Zion (not the best name for a town with a nuclear power plant right now...) - somewhere around 69 on the dial - and every time I get in the car they're playing Exile or Sticky Fingers. It's kinda surreal. As if some rich guy bought the station and said "fuck it - I'm ONLY playing Exile and Sticky Fingers - so THERE!"

12-31-02 10:28 AM
Sir Stonesalot I wish I was a rich guy.

KMAX would be brodcasting to all corners of the globe.
12-31-02 10:35 AM
Maxlugar Well that's what 102.4 KMAX will be doing.

It's gonna be the coolest!

I have Riffhard as the General Manager in charge of Programming.
I have Nanky as in-house counsel.
I have Nasty Habits as Grand Imperial Officer (GIO) in charge of all things "Good and Funky".
I have Joey as afternoon drive time DJ. (He'll be doing that mornings Howard Stern word for word) Genius!

Dande, will you come work for me? I'll need someone to point out any gayness that might be going on.

Developing......

Bucketbelly!
12-31-02 11:00 AM
Dandelion*
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Dande, will you come work for me? I'll need someone to point out any gayness that might be going on.

Developing......

Bucketbelly!

Yes - I need a job in NYC - can I hire sasca as my secretary?
12-31-02 11:05 AM
Maxlugar Is Sasca a girl?

Kind of a sexy name, no?

12-31-02 11:10 AM
telecaster
quote:
Dandelion* wrote:

What's wrong with WXRT?

Funny thing - I've been listening to this radio station out of Zion (not the best name for a town with a nuclear power plant right now...) - somewhere around 69 on the dial - and every time I get in the car they're playing Exile or Sticky Fingers. It's kinda surreal. As if some rich guy bought the station and said "fuck it - I'm ONLY playing Exile and Sticky Fingers - so THERE!"

I read recently Mick says he always listens to college radio
when he hits a town. He said that is where you hear the best and the good new stuff.

You are right, WXRT is the only decent station in Chicago
12-31-02 02:09 PM
Scottfree Yep it's boiling..... You can hear the sizzle...Sounds like cosmic candy.
Page: 1 2