ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks TT!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WHY NOT LIKE IN 1981??????? Return to archive
12-30-02 12:55 PM
monkeyman IN KANSAS CITY MICK TAYLOR, RON WOOD, KEEF,MICK, AND CHARLIE PLAYED TOGHETER. IT�S THE BEST LINE UP THAT A BAND MAYBE GET !!!! WE KNOW IT. THEY MAY RECORDER ALBUMS OF STUDIO AND DO TOURS !!! NOT IS IMPOSSIBLE GOOOODDDDD!!!
LUCAS FROM ARGENTINA.
12-30-02 12:58 PM
Soul Survivor I don't know
12-30-02 01:14 PM
Maxlugar Yeah I say move Ronnie to bass and bring back Mick Taylor.

Surely EVERYONE agrees with THAT, no?

MACKY!
12-30-02 01:28 PM
Nellcote This topic is similar to playing vinyl with a scratch in it.

It never stops until you move the needle, or in this case, throw something at the needle.

Micky T can play (or eat) the tambourine.

I nominate Micky T for Jenny Craig.

Do I have a second?
12-30-02 01:42 PM
Fiji Joe Yes, and I have heard from many different people that the 81 KC show was the worst of that tour...too many chiefs and not enough indians...
12-30-02 02:16 PM
marko Just some weeks ago,BOTH KC-1981 shows 14&15th of december,
were released on SBD quality.We collectors had so far only
that 2nd day,in ok audience quality,and i can tell you this,
they,(that) show wasn�t the worst of 1981 tour.i think 1st
Seattle,or,maybe 1st denver.
12-30-02 02:20 PM
Maxlugar You have it Marko? The SB version?

Damn that is one of the ones I've always wanted.

12-30-02 02:53 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Ahem.

Let us try this again.

Mick Taylor has LEFT THE ROLLING STONES.

He is NOT COMING BACK.

Especially after 1981, whose show, although not 'bad' per se, was certainly a muddled sound, with three guitars, Keith & Ronnie's last great "weave" tour overlapped by Taylor's decidedly lead sound.

I am QUITE HAPPY with RONNIE WOOD(Current guitarist for the Rolling Stones)'S current performances. As are many others. In fact, if the guys in the booth would kindly TURN UP THE GUITARS and DOWN THE KEYBOARDS next tour they might sell even more tickets.

Hmm.

So. To sum up.

Taylor gone.

Ronnie here.

Ronnie good.

Let's get over this now.

-tSYX --- An' warmed my col' col' heart...
12-30-02 03:07 PM
telecaster
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
This topic is similar to playing vinyl with a scratch in it.

It never stops until you move the needle, or in this case, throw something at the needle.

Micky T can play (or eat) the tambourine.

I nominate Micky T for Jenny Craig.

Do I have a second?

Yes, can you imagine MT tearing into that buffet they have backstage nowdays?
12-30-02 03:19 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Put 'Brussels Affair' on your hi-fi .... and then try tell me that Maxi ain't right! Wood on bass. Taylor on blues and get rid of those pillocks on pianos.
12-30-02 11:04 PM
MP Ronnie is HERE and NOW...he's IT. Mick T. once was...but is no more.....Ronnie rocks.....
12-31-02 12:17 AM
full moon They are starting to "weed" the Taylor KC shows from 1981 at Yahoo Stones Trades...
12-31-02 07:38 AM
Maxlugar I think Ronnie is a better bass player than a guiatar player.

Again:

Mick Taylor on lead.
Ronnie on bass.

Maxy
12-31-02 08:21 AM
MRD8 Why does this stupid argument come up over and over again? Its SOOOO silly...Taylor will NEVER come back even for one show...or one song...live with the memories of Brussels and all the great boots Taylor played on...KC '81 isn't one of them! Apparently MT played through his own amp and wasn't connected to the Stones sound system...his playing isn't as clear as it was on say Brussels or all those '72 shows...he is way down in the mix! The Stones couldn't play the way they played in '81 with no horns or background singers...it would take much more energy and concentration than they posess these days!
12-31-02 08:53 AM
shakedhandswithkeith Yes, fire DJ, let ronnie play bass and bring Mick back again, just for the clubgigs

happy new year to all of you

Icepic
12-31-02 12:00 PM
throbby I spoke to my guy in Japan on the Empress Valley Kansas City '81 release. He told me the 14th is a soundboard and the 15th is an audience recording. I should be receiving the show from the 14th in about 2 weeks or so and will make 5 copies for five fellow RO members. Max if you would like I will make your copy first in honor of your "Night Before Christmas" post.
12-31-02 12:34 PM
Maxlugar Oh shit Throbby! Seriously?!?!?!

Oh man that would be great!

Plus, starting tomorrow, I've sworn off Politics and will begin making more friends!

Email me at [email protected] for details.

The year is ending pretty good!

MACKY!
12-31-02 01:05 PM
Scottfree
quote:
throbby wrote:
I spoke to my guy in Japan on the Empress Valley Kansas City '81 release. He told me the 14th is a soundboard and the 15th is an audience recording. I should be receiving the show from the 14th in about 2 weeks or so and will make 5 copies for five fellow RO members. Max if you would like I will make your copy first in honor of your "Night Before Christmas" post.

Dar sir, I beggeth you to make a copy for me, could you find it in your heart to make a poor boys Christmas wish come true (me playing the role of poor boy).
[email protected]