ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks TT!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what about my post? Return to archive
12-30-02 04:17 AM
F505 This board keeps surprising me. I posted a parody on the 'Vote for..." posts and I found out it was deleted. Can someone tell me why? Strange that some people on this board are allowed to post everything without any trouble. But why not freedom of speech for everyone????
12-30-02 04:32 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
F505 wrote:
This board keeps surprising me. I posted a parody on the 'Vote for..." posts and I found out it was deleted. Can someone tell me why? Strange that some people on this board are allowed to post everything without any trouble. But why not freedom of speech for everyone????

Why not try it again?....It may not have been deliberate, that's happened to me before too.
12-30-02 04:09 PM
Gazza I deleted it - OK?

If you start being a smartass by inviting people to vote for "biggest cocksucker" etc then what the hell do you expect? Thats not a parody - it's an open invite for abuse. Call it censorship all you like. We're not letting this place descend into anarchy just for the sake of a few cheap laughs at the expense of a few posters.

You mightnt have noticed but theres been enough shit on this board in the last few days with people flaming each other - I've had to edit or delete about 40 messages, mostly littered with character assassination and a stream of obscenities. Enough is enough. Not the way I particularly want to spend a weekend
12-30-02 04:27 PM
jb Thanks Gazza!!! By the way Gazza..I have almost 3k posts!!!!
[Edited by jb]
12-30-02 04:43 PM
Gazza ..and every one a gem..LOL

keep it going!!
12-30-02 04:48 PM
F505 Sorry about that Gazza, but if you had read that post carefully you also could have read that I nominated myself as the biggest cocksucker... so I think there was enough self-mockery in that post, more than many other posters here can say from themselves. There are many cry babies here who can't stand critical remarks. So I don't agree with you. But you're in charge so I respect your act.

happy new year!
[Edited by F505]
12-30-02 06:15 PM
Gazza thanks for understanding...problem is while you may have no doubt meant well and seen it as self-mocking, others would have taken it as an opportunity to bait and flame other posters that they have a personal dislike for. Thats the potential problem and believe me, it WOULD have happened.

In an ideal world it wouldn't have been a problem,but unfortunately this ain't one!

Cheers mate and "een gelukkig nieuwjaar" (impressive or what?)