ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks TT!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sticky: Dumb Contest Idea Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-29-02 04:21 PM
The Eggman Ya this was pretty stupidest to vote for each other...it makes us mad
12-29-02 05:23 PM
Jaxx yes i would agree. i don't like popularity contests on this forum. everyone has something special to offer. we don't need to gauge who has "the most" to offer in each given category. however in the spirit of "freedom of speech" --on with the show. all i can say is, if you don't agree with it, don't participate and que sera, sera. (in case you didn't know, i have a bad habit of stating the obvious )
12-29-02 05:25 PM
gypsy it's like high school all over again...
12-29-02 05:28 PM
~AzQb

...except now there's no Ramones for comic relief ; )

~
12-29-02 05:33 PM
Moonisup well if people start silly debates in these threads, that is a bit well sad maybe

if they don't well why not
12-30-02 10:25 AM
F505 The man on Moonisup picture is Bram van der Vlugt. A very popular bishop. Children from 3 to 8 years old like him. They adore him. If they don't they go in the sack and disappear to Spain. That's all I've got to say about popularity polls.
12-30-02 10:47 AM
Sir Stonesalot I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?

I look at it as giving people a chance to tell their peers that their efforts are appreciated. I don't see it as a "popularity" contest at all.

I was hoping to encourage people to think about their peers here. To think about the people who make this place special. To think about what those people do that make this place special. Why not give credit where it's due?

Not everyone can win. But they got nominated...recognized. Look at CS, look at Jaxx. They take the time to post great articles from around the world. It's grunt work, it's time consuming. Now it's time for people to recognize.

Perhaps there are certain elements who are not mature enough to deal with a contest like this. Tough shit for them. The vast majority of folks here can handle it...and enjoy themselves while doing so. This should also encourage people to "raise the bar" when it comes to what they post. You gotta be a heavy hitter if you want to play the game.

Next year, it won't be like this. There will be time to prepare. And I won't have the voting done on board. I'll post a ballot here, and you email the ballot to an email address. That should help avoid some of the unpleasantness. It'll also encourage more folks to participate since they'll be able to stay anon.

I say, just go with the flow.
12-30-02 11:15 AM
Joey EGGY ??????????????????????????????????????????

Is that really You ??????????????????????????????

Where in the Hell have you been ? Man , you were always so Minty Fresh and this board really missed your keen Stonesian Insight and knowledgeable Rock and Roll Acumen !

Plus , and I really really mean this , you sure knew how to write a post .

Tonight , I drink to you .

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ H. R. Puffin Joe }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
12-30-02 12:16 PM
sasca
quote:
The Eggman wrote:
Ya this was pretty stupidest to vote for each other...it makes us mad

Yeah. I go away for a few days and the whole joint goes to pot.
12-30-02 01:05 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
And I won't have the voting done on board.

What - and not have this big awkward, vaguely appalling weird mess? No way! When FPM said look at what SS has done now (shaking his head) - I just knew it would be good...
12-30-02 01:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot sascy, my lil' peach!

Most of us had gone to pot long before you ever got here...long before this place opened...long before Al Gore invented the internet even!
12-30-02 01:16 PM
Maxlugar "...long before Al Gore invented the internet even!"

You make Maxy's bucketbelly jiggle like jelly!
12-30-02 01:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Happy New Year Maxy!

I stuck that on there just for you.

I try to take care of my pals you know.

Do you know any way of turning dogs ungay?!? Kipper has taken to sitting cross legged, and smoking Virginia Slims Ultra Lites. I have to do something about this fast! You should have seen the way Kipper was looking at me while I was eating a banana this morning. I could have sworn I heard him say "Oh BABY! You are so hired!"
12-30-02 01:27 PM
Maxlugar Two words:

Dirty Work.

I've been trying to "flip" Joey with it for years. He won't budge.

12-30-02 01:30 PM
nankerphelge Tell Tipper, ah I mean Kipper that sasca and his Ben Gay covered tuning fork are on their way over for a "jam session" -- if that doesn't do it, get out that 45 and take him for a walk!!
12-30-02 01:34 PM
Sir Stonesalot That's the best you can do? Dirty Work?

If it hasn't worked on Joey, why would it work on Kipper. Besides, Kipper now only listens to show tunes.

12-30-02 01:38 PM
Maxlugar Bring in a cute little Shitzu and put honey on her twat.

Kipper will be ALL man.

That's what my dad did for me.

That and a Monster Truck show.

12-30-02 01:40 PM
nankerphelge Your dad brought you a Shitzu with honey on its twat?

You had a cool dad!

12-30-02 01:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot I can't bring a Shitzu with honey on it's twat into my house! I just had the carpets cleaned!

And it would infuriate Freddy.

And trust me, you don't want Freddy to be infuriated.

FREDDY! Get out of the fish tank! Leave my sharks alone! DAMN IT!

Oh man, you can't turn your back on this thing for even a second.

You should have seen him "marking" his territory. Not pretty.
12-30-02 02:45 PM
Joey " Do you know any way of turning dogs ungay?!? Kipper has taken to sitting cross legged, and smoking Virginia Slims Ultra Lites. I have to do something about this fast! You should have seen the way Kipper was looking at me while I was eating a banana this morning. I could have sworn I heard him say "Oh BABY! "

Stoney ..........................

You know where to send him :

www.HoweMilitary.com

Batter Up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J. Fly

12-30-02 11:49 PM
The Eggman Hi Joey

12-31-02 12:08 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Dandelion* wrote:

What - and not have this big awkward, vaguely appalling weird mess? No way! When FPM said look at what SS has done now (shaking his head) - I just knew it would be good...

Amen, Dandelion* - this whole thing is TOO much fun, and the most lunatic assembly of messagery that I have seen since the start of the tour. Out of the madness, and it ain't even over yet, we got the Frederico thing, we got the triumphant return of MarthaMyDear, we got the pipe dream that jb might actually go away, you're back in force with a brilliant new avatar, I think ~Az and I got into some sort of fight (but made up -- mwah), we find out that young Max made it with a Shitzu, which is weirder than anything SDH ever did, and I am willing to bet that it ultimately shakes down about right, titlewize. Beauty and wonder in ill conceived ideas, confusion and chaos. Isn't that (and a great deal of pie eating) what the Rolling Stones are all about?

�Viva Rocks Off por vida!

I for one am happy, but then, I am a voyeur, which is why I would be such a good judge for the pie eating contest.

I would just hope that no one leaves over this round of posting, because life is rich and it's way too short.

12-31-02 12:19 AM
Fiji Joe Yes, if nothing else, we still have Freddy...
12-31-02 12:31 AM
~AzQb

PooRPoORUndisCiPlInEdFrEd!

His little bum must be quite red by now with all the daily spanking he's getting at Sir's house!

PoorMonkeYBuggEr, i say. Monkeys are NOTORiously difficult to obedience train!

~aveMercyOnTheMonkey!
12-31-02 07:36 AM
Maxlugar CHAKA!!!

It's about time someone found a piture of him.

But I don't think he ever fought off a Sleestack. Truth be told, Chaka was a pussy. Whenever trouble came around, he was nowhere to be seen.

"Put the crystals in the Pylon, Ronnie!"

Bucketbelly!
12-31-02 09:48 AM
Factory Girl Talk less, eat more pie. LOL. Happy New Year to all!!
12-31-02 10:32 AM
Dandelion* Thank you - this avatar is growing on me. I was quite distressed to find the Bill and Mandy one had
slipped back into the internet abyss, but one must move on.

You need a thick skin to play here, don't you? It never ceases to amaze me how some take it so personally - when it's just a projection/alias/character. It's sorta real but not so real that you can't step back and laugh. You wouldn't believe the amount of flames I withstood over at Stonesworld. The Storm, Maxy...before he became the kinder gentler Maxy. Oh but WHAT an ill conceived idea THIS was. One is both appalled and drawn to it like a moth to a flame...and then to find out Mad Martha is a pie eater on top of it all...
12-31-02 10:37 AM
Joey " The Storm, Maxy...before he became the kinder gentler Maxy. Oh but WHAT an ill conceived idea THIS was. One is both appalled and drawn to it like a moth to a flame...and then to find out Mad Martha is a pie eater on top of it all... "

Maxy's recent " Pet - Like " Demeanor still has me visibly shaken to the core .

What the Hell happened to Stormy ????? Man , that guy was THE BOM . He was always Minty Fresh and he sure as Hell knew how to write a post .

Stevie Nicks is a carpet muncher too ...................

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ J. KINS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
12-31-02 10:40 AM
Sir Stonesalot Ill conceived?

No way. It took me at LEAST 30 seconds to formulate, and enact this idea.

Ever watch South Park?

I am Captain Chaos.

It will be even better next year.

I plan on announcing the nominees at Thanksgiving time, and allow "campaigning" until a vote is taken after Christmas.

It's gonna be SO good.
12-31-02 10:45 AM
Maxlugar I love the new Avatar too!

Anytime Billy Preston is about to blow something, you've got MY attention!

BOB MACKY!!!
Page: 1 2