ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks TT!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question about Stones DVD's... Return to archive
12-28-02 07:26 PM
Angiegirl Monday my new computer arrives, and it has a DVD player, which I don't have yet. So I never really followed what is available on DVD Stones-wise. Can someone give me a few tips on 'must-have' ones, or at least about the nicest ones? Including solo-stuff or Stones (very-)related. Thanx.
12-28-02 10:14 PM
FTELE52 I think the officially released are all must haves:

Gimme Shelter
Keith & the Wino's Live at the Palladium
Live at the Max
Voodoo Lounge Tour Live
Bridges to Babylon Tour Live

I also picked up these DVD boots on Ebay:

Let's Spend the Night Together '81 Tour
Live at Marquee Club '71
Ladies & Gentlemen '72
12-28-02 11:08 PM
tumblingdice That about covers it but there is also the Being Mick DVD.
12-28-02 11:21 PM
full moon Don't forget Rock N Roll Circus and C***sucker Blues...
12-29-02 07:47 AM
egon *
Keith & the Wino's Live at the Palladium
Being Mick

are these available in europe(france)?

i never seen them
12-29-02 02:09 PM
JaggaRichards Just remember one thing:
Gimme Shelter IS the one must-own DVD to get!
12-29-02 04:29 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Voodoo and Gimme are very hard to get
12-29-02 04:51 PM
TT There are a lot of bands having loads of extras on their DVDs. I saw that At the Max has got nothing extra. What have the other releases got?
12-29-02 05:13 PM
tumblingdice None of the major Stones tour DVD's have any extra's except for Gimmee Shelter which has some cool songs that were not on the video. Being Mick has some Extra's too. But Voodoo Lounge, B2B, At the Max or the Brazil Let's spend the Night Together, none of those have any extra's. However most were originally done before extra's were the big thing. These were put to DVD not long after DVD really took off with the Exception of LSTNT and Shelter.
12-29-02 07:31 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
tumblingdice wrote:
None of the major Stones tour DVD's have any extra's except for Gimmee Shelter which has some cool songs that were not on the video. Being Mick has some Extra's too. But Voodoo Lounge, B2B, At the Max or the Brazil Let's spend the Night Together, none of those have any extra's. However most were originally done before extra's were the big thing. These were put to DVD not long after DVD really took off with the Exception of LSTNT and Shelter.

Hmm, that's a shame, I was hoping for extra's. I already own everything mentioned on video. And because the DVD is in my pc, the screen quality/resolution will not be that much better on my old pc monitor compared to my tv I guess. I did find the Keef-Hollywood Palladium in store yesterday, for 33 dollars/euros. Didn't get it cause that's too much. Must be able to get them cheaper online. So, we'll see. Thanx for all the replies though!
12-30-02 01:26 PM
voodoopug Ebay regularly has the Keef DVD for about 12-15 dollars/euros. THat is where i got mine and it is great

www.geocities.com/voodoopug for trades
12-30-02 01:58 PM
oska the new dvd from ronnie wood is brilliant,'far east man',its well worth buying. cheers.
12-31-02 12:05 PM
padre It's a damn shame that neither Being Mick or Gimme Shelter are available in Region 2 format for us European fans!