ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks TT!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: About the nominations.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12-27-02 12:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot I put forward all of the names that were sent to me. Those who were chosen to do the nominations were picked by me particularly because they are not part of any particular clique, have been here for a while, and are from different parts of the world.

The only rule was that they could not nominate themselves, but they could nominate anyone else. In turn, someone else could nominate them. Hence you see my name in some of the contests.

As far as that goes, I'll take the title, but I'll give the prizes to the runner up.

So far, the prizes are 4 discs, or a video from my collection. Martha has put up a copy of Detroit 2002 for each winner. Anyone else who wants to put up a prize for each winner can either PM me here at Rocks Off, or e me at [email protected]

Good luck to all of the nominees!

Voting closes at the end of the year, eastern USA time.

And the Nolte goes to.........
12-27-02 12:53 PM
Soul Survivor just for the record,

can there be one next year? Im only nominated for one category, and I know I wont win, so Ill have something to hope for if theres another.
12-27-02 12:54 PM
Soul Survivor We could do it by seasons (excluding Winter)

So the next one could be through the spring

Then one for the summer

Then one for the Fall

Then another 2002 one. Except it would be 2003.

Get it?
12-27-02 12:55 PM
jb Why is Max on everything? Also, the c10 group has used it's influence to deny me additional nominations.
12-27-02 12:56 PM
Soul Survivor yea, JB, me and you should be a team on this. But you have more nominations than I
12-27-02 12:59 PM
jb I have 1 nomination, when I should be in every category...SirMoonie funny? Give me a break.
12-27-02 01:02 PM
Soul Survivor I have only 1 too!

Damn

12-27-02 01:07 PM
jb A small group controls these nominations...Nanker, Max,SirMoonie FPM c10, and they have shut me out ..but the bottom line is that I have more posts and they are jealous.

[Edited by jb]
12-27-02 01:10 PM
Soul Survivor what about me?
12-27-02 01:12 PM
jb You were a strong poster at one time..I even felt challenged;but you tapered off for a few months and are only at 1070...but not bad...
12-27-02 01:12 PM
Soul Survivor Ill come back, I dont think Ill ever pass you though unless you tamper off
12-27-02 01:16 PM
jb Well...see where it got me..1 lousy nomination when I carry this board..no bullshit intellectual posts, poems, political banter..just really stupid stuff...and 100% Stones loyalty..
[Edited by jb]
12-27-02 01:19 PM
Soul Survivor this board would be like chickens running around without heads without you
12-27-02 01:19 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Well...see where it got me..1 lousy nomination when I carry this board..no bullshit intellectual posts, poems, political banter..just really stupid stuff...and 100% Stones loyalty..
[Edited by jb]

There has to be some category for JB, just by sheer force/loyalty alone.

On another note SS, what about a newcomer/rookie category?
12-27-02 01:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot I can't believe you 2 crybabies!

I was the only C10 on the committee. I intentionally tried to pick people who were on good terms with EVERYONE. All I did was collect the names. It's not my fault that you 2 have a higher opinion of yourselves than anyone else has of you.

Yes, there will be year end awards next year. I'm going to be sending the members of the nomination committee a list of catagories for next years awards. Next year will be an expanded version of this year. More categories.

This year, because of the spur of the moment nature of this years awards, I kept things pretty vague. Some of the Nomination Committee came up with different interpretations from what I meant. No biggie. Each person voting can decide what each category means to them. Next year will be more specific. And I hope to recruit and collect some better prizes for next year too.

You 2 better straighten up, or you'll get shut out completely next year.
12-27-02 01:26 PM
Soul Survivor I'm sorry SS. I guess I got carried away. I apologize for all my bitching and I am fine with the nominations. 1 is good enough, it could have been none. So may the best posters win, and I am once again sorry for my actions
12-27-02 01:44 PM
Soul Survivor JB, apologize
12-27-02 02:22 PM
jb You owe ME no apology..we are both hurt by the lack of respect and appreciation we received....It will be remembered.
12-27-02 02:26 PM
Fiji Joe Are you serious JB?...please tell me you're not...I got some fomunda cheese to go with that wine...

I had the sneaking suspicion that these award ceremonies would lead to some resentment....just like the Academy Awards
12-27-02 02:28 PM
jb I am extremely angry Fiji..even you came around to liking me..and that was no easy task...remember you almost sided w/Mathjis?
12-27-02 02:29 PM
Jaxx wow. that most valuable poster nomination is so unexpected. i thought you all would stick me in the "funniest category", but no such luck for my dry sarcastic sense of humor, oh well LOL.

in all seriousness and sincerity thanks for the honor, tho, i strongly feel i shouldn't be in the running since i am a board administrator and posting stones related info is my job. IMO, the hands down winner in that category, administrator or not, is gerardo. no one comes close. all those photo connects that gets us those great headers, all the audio, video links. gerardo is bar none the MV poster.

however, to quiet the crybabies, marc, you can add a new category, Wake of the Flood poster. i know who would be 1st and 2nd on that list--if you are looking for quanity as opposed to quality...
[Edited by Jaxx]
12-27-02 02:31 PM
jb Gee ..thanks Jaxx for that underhanded compliment.....I always thought very highly of you....even invited you to Miamifor a free ticket....I worked hard to rehabilitate my image and the only thanks I get is to be called a lurker by a person w/ 188 p[osts!!!
12-27-02 02:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot So why can't people vote for you Jaxxy? The academy voted for Halle Berry, and she was just doing her job.

This little thing is to let everyone at Rocks Off give credit where they feel it is due. If someone thinks that you are the board MVP, then you should let them have that opportunity.

If you win, and wish for your prize to go to someone else, that is fine. But you should keep the title if you win it. It would be a thumb in the eye of all the people who voted for you if you didn't keep it.
12-27-02 02:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot I have a request to make of the admins....can you sticky the voting threads for me?
12-27-02 02:43 PM
Jaxx now, now. don't get yourself in a tizzy. i didn't name names, did i? are you feeling guilty? you gotta lighten up. i hate these contests. all they do is create havoc and draw the clique lines. and yeah, you have done a fine job of redirecting your image, however, some folks here have long memories, and for those that don't, you keep reminding them...(as well as my email does). it is what it is, jb. i can appreciate a fellow rank outsider. takes one to know one, right? and remember: if you plant ice, you're goina harvest wind.
[Edited by Jaxx]
12-27-02 02:46 PM
jb People still e-mail you with complaints? My god what is this world coming to!!!
12-27-02 02:47 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I have a request to make of the admins....can you sticky the voting threads for me?

sure. consider it done.

and ok. i get your point. these things make me uncomfortable. it goes back to 6th grade when i ran for class president, got so nervous i couldn't say my speech and no one voted for me. i hate these things!
12-27-02 02:49 PM
jb I was always voted most popular, best looking, smartest, most likely to succeed..was president of Key Club...I had a limo for the prom and hotel room..this just makes no sense and is fundamentally unfair..a powerful clique involving Lugar, nanker, Sir Moonie, and other men have turned this nomination.voting process upside down..
12-27-02 02:56 PM
Jaxx
quote:
jb wrote:
People still e-mail you with complaints? My god what is this world coming to!!!

look at it this way, josh, they are now few and far between, thanks to your revamped image, i'm sure!
12-27-02 02:58 PM
jb I introduced the Danish sensation, Moonisup, to this board....I protected it from Beatle/Aerosmith lovers, I increased the medium income of posters from 75,000 to over a 100,000....I even sent Fiji GITD!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I bid and won Geraldo's auction and was quite gebnerous!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3