ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks TT!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vote for Young regular Here!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12-28-02 01:50 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Well Martha My dear...you need to win something. So I'm going to create the "Smilie Award", for best and most frequent use of Emoticons. You are a shoo-in.

You're just trying to get crazy chick sex...

and you just ASSUME she's better lookin than Miss U!
12-28-02 02:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot I've had plenty of crazy chick sex. It's great the first 40 or 60 times...but then reality always sets in, and you have to move to a different state in the dead of night, change your name, sell your car...all that shit.

It just ain't worth it.

No, seriously, I think MMD deserves some kind of award next time. Her style is so........uhhhhhhh......UNIQUE! And when she melts down, it's just so......errrrrr......ENTERTAINING!
12-28-02 02:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot No no MMD...you misunderstand.

I really do like the way you post. And you freak out so well.

You keep looking at "crazy" like it's a bad thing. It's not, that's why it gets an award.

12-28-02 07:16 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
Angiegirl...

Thax anyway Martha!
12-28-02 07:20 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>That's blatant ageism.<

Duh.

Kinda the whole point of the category.

Beautiful, blonde, and ditzy...my favorite!

Talking bout me SS? If yes, then thanx I guess, except for the ditzy part, cause I don't know what that is...
12-28-02 08:14 PM
daytfren Honky Tonk Man
12-28-02 08:31 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
egon wrote:
one thing though.
savage, if i give YOU my vote, will you let me know what the deal is? somehow you don't strike me as your average highschool kid

Hey, sure.

Yeah, I'm really 17. Weird, no? For some reason popular music never really appealed to me as a kid (all the 'popular kids' listened to it, and I was a qualifier for the Lil' Mick Taylor's Beefsteak Club at that time, so I didn't want to be associated with them in any way 'cause they were nasty little bastards), and I got into Classical for awhile. Freshman year of high school I bought The White Album on a hunch and I've been hooked on 'Classic Rock' forever since. Got into the Stones over the summer of the year before this one - a crazy speedfreak friend of mine at a summer camp had a copy of Let It Bleed and I wore that sucker out, stealing it from him when he was in one of his 'crash for three days' phases before he came searching for me during the 'stay up for five days' phase. It was good, rebellious music that wasn't carefully controlled by the fascist 'pop music' publishers - and hell, I loved it. *Real* music.

And that's mah story!

As for my vote for best youngster, SS is right, anyone 19 who flies cross-pond to see Our Boys deserves our respect - plus, Ronnie turns him on.

HTM, you is der mann, as the Hamburg Beatles would say. Don' Stop!

-tSYX --- All that's left is a picture that I've filed away...
12-29-02 08:11 AM
egon well, yourr pretty smart for a 17 year old
12-29-02 08:45 AM
gypsy He's damn smart! Luv ya, Savage Youngblood.
12-29-02 11:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man Thanks tSYZ

I think his posts are really very good. He shows a maturity beyond his young years. He reminds me of a fellow youngster who used to be a resident at GasLand. Net Pimp. He then changed his name to Prodigal Son. He posts once every now and again. They both have an encylopidec knowledge of this band. Also Save Young, your writing and language skills are also very good. With all this and your knowledge of music, why not think about a career in Music Journilisim?

Alex
12-29-02 11:10 AM
Factory Girl Alex, where is Net Pimp/Prodigal Son??

Btw, Alex-if there was "The Cutest Poster" category, you'd win in a landslide! Happy New Year, my young friend!!
12-29-02 11:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man I have NO idea where he has go too. We used to chat sometimes on the net.

Thanks FG. Though i was looking far from my best in those photos. Normally i scrub up a lot better!

Happy New Year

Alex
12-29-02 04:33 PM
gypsy I agree w/ the other stoneschicks on this board, htm. You are easy on the eyes.
12-29-02 08:11 PM
Prodigal Son I'm not up there, for good reason. So damn busy as of late (only a few posts in the last several months). I'll try to be around more often. Cause I love being one of the potent young Stones minds (the Dec. 2002 UNCUT magazine interview/hand-picked CD with Keith is wonderful, just got it). Of course, there's no rest for the wicked. Keith is just superhuman!
12-29-02 08:15 PM
Prodigal Son Well, yes, I'm back. And furthermore, FG, I just got Raw Power by Iggy to add to Fun House, The Idiot and Lust for Life. Looking for the debut, will have soon. I've been working for once nowadays, but coming here hasn't been a regularity since September. Anyway, in that time I went to see John Prine live. He is great as a folk-song storyteller. Almost as good as Dylan as he alternated between an acoustic band setting and solo acoustic to electric. Just pure passionate music with "Lake Marie" stealing the show. I thought it was great and I'm not even a Prine fan. Because my dad's friend was the promoter, we got to go backstage and meet with the band. Nice guys, and John had this big part of his neck missing from surgery to remove a throat cancer tumor. No more smoking for him, but he sure is a round guy these days. But his voice is as strong as ever. Oh yes, and October 17 was my 17th birthday. This last half of the year I've piled on lots of Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (their debut, Damn the Torpedoes, Hard Promises), some Elton, some Kinks (Kinks Kontroversy and Muswell Hillbillies), Neil Young (his debut, Ragged Glory) and Clash's Combat Rock. As for Joe Strummer, I'm shocked and devestated. Why oh why, him? Around Christmas too. It sucks. We've been deprive of another legend, one even more significant, IMO, than George Harrison, etc. I wonder if there was some genetic disposition to heart problems. Anyway, smoking doesn't help, again. They were to reunite and everything. Now, it's just not the same without Joe Strummer (ironic name, never saw anyone strum so ferociously as he did). They were cool and they saved rock n' roll for the time being. Can't wait for someone to take the role of what the Clash were (hope it'll be me or I'll be involved somehow). I just played off the entire Clash catalogue outside of Sandantista and the crappy Cut the Crap. Anyway, enough from me. Nice to talk again with everyone.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
12-29-02 08:16 PM
Factory Girl Hey, Prodigal Son, good to have you back! Don't be such a stranger...
12-29-02 08:40 PM
Prodigal Son Right backatcha! Thanks....

Since I'm a poster who likes blurting ridiculous lines or catch phrases, I'll end by saying:
"Well, it's a real mother for ya!"
"Must be love, it's a bitch!"
12-30-02 03:06 AM
Honky Tonk Man Welcome Back!
12-30-02 11:23 AM
L&A beer
12-30-02 03:28 PM
CS Beer is the one with best posts but I split my vote between TheSavageYoungXyzzy and Honky Tonk Man as beer is toooooooo old. If it's not possible to split it consider void
12-30-02 09:42 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>I can't believe I wasn't nominated!!!!

Mark...its a Hun conspiracy mate..too many masons on the nominating committee! ;-)

Haha, too right Gazza it always is!!! do the C10 walk around with the trouser leg rolled up then...lol

Cheers

and a Happy New Year mate

Mark
12-31-02 02:13 AM
gypsy I have noticed two people who have been overlooked-KeepRigid and his lawyer. They don't post often, but when they do it's damn funny.
12-31-02 04:30 AM
Honky Tonk Man For me, the overlooked person is Mark (Scott Rocks) He posts more then i do and hes the same age as me. Maybe some of the nominaters here did not realise how old he was?

Alex
Page: 1 2 3