ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks TT!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ladies & Gentlemen DVD ??? Return to archive
12-26-02 10:10 AM
crb69 Will the Stones ever release the film Ladies & Gentlemen the Rolling Stones? I've never seen this movie but I read that when it came out years ago it was recorded in surround sound. I don't want to spend $30+ on a copy of it if it's gonna be released in excellent quality one day. Any suggestions? or directions to a decent copy of it other than e-bay?
12-26-02 02:13 PM
Half Nanker This is the best version out there. It is a cleaned up Australian master perfectly synched with the superb L&G Soundtrack that was tree'd via RollinStonesBoots earlier in the year. Simply outstanding. Here are some scans of the release:

http://markzep.home.mindspring.com/RS72_Case.jpg
http://markzep.home.mindspring.com/RS72cd.jpg

send an email to this guy: [email protected]

Seek it and enjoy
Steve

[Edited by Half Nanker]
12-26-02 08:17 PM
Fiji Joe Can someone post the tracklist for the boot...and tell me wehre I can get the artwork
12-26-02 08:38 PM
littleredrooster It is a great CD box but the video SUCKS!
The picture 're-master' is dark, dark, dark and it is not worth purchasing.
I sorry that I did!
The sound is very good, but how do you rip it to an audio CDR in order to enjoy it?
If anyone's copy is not DARK, please send me a copy!

Thanks,
Roostah
12-27-02 03:05 AM
Half Nanker The comments above are complete fu***ing rubbish. Let it be known...this is without question, the best there is...until it is officially released.

I should also ask, have you ever seen this film before? Because anyone who has will completely enjoy the new life given to this film. In reference to the previous post above...This is not "AT The Max" pal. Period.

[Edited by Half Nanker]
[Edited by Half Nanker]
12-27-02 09:54 AM
crb69 Thanx for the info. I'll consider waiting. There is also a new boot of the MSG Sept. show on e-bay that is supposed to be in stereo! I'm trying to look into that one too. I was at that show and I need a good copy of that...
12-27-02 02:03 PM
littleredrooster My comments are fact, not rubbish.
Would Nanker be so kind as to mail me a copy of this treasure?
Apparently, I have a dud copy, the video sucks!
If I had a DVD recorder I'd send you a copy of the dark master copy that I have.
I have another copy of L>RS on vhs and it is superior in video but inferior in audio.
Anyone out there to send another Aussie master copy to me??

Darth Roostah
12-28-02 12:36 AM
Fiji Joe Any info on the artwork?
12-28-02 08:54 AM
Half Nanker
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Any info on the artwork?

I have the artwork Fiji...tell me where to send it.

Oh yeah, and roostah....I don't have a DVD burner either.
12-28-02 09:43 AM
Fiji Joe Half Nanker...Thank you

[email protected]
12-29-02 06:51 AM
corgi37 L&G was the 1st video i ever got, back in 81. It cost $70 Aussies pesos back then. The picture is absolute crap, heaps of scratches and blemishes. The sound is in mono, and muffled to the shit-house. As far as i have been able to find out, it is now deleted from any catalogues. I am unaware of it ever being re-released in stereo. The 81 tour video was called "Time is on our side" over here, and was released in 82 or something. It says on the video cover that it is in stereo, but its not. Once again, it was never re-released at any time. Here in Oz, only Bridges is available on dvd, though i think voodoo might now be available. I have no doubt the film will get the gimme shelter treatment one day, so i would hang on until then. The Stones really have to confront their terrible lack of dvd's sooner or later. I have posted many times bagging them for these delays. What i wouldnt give to see L & G in all its surround sound glory. What i really would love to see is stuff from the 75 tour, with that amazing stage. I doubt if it will happen while this tour is going on. OH, and 1 thing i am dying to know: Is there any souvenir tour video on sale at any of the u.S. shows yet? I bought the tour video from Voodoo, and it was pretty good (It can be seen in the footage to the You got me rocking clip).
12-30-02 04:15 AM
ozstones [quote]Half Nanker wrote:
The comments above are complete fu***ing rubbish. Let it be known...this is without question, the best there is...until it is officially released.

I should also ask, have you ever seen this film before? Because anyone who has will completely enjoy the new life given to this film. In reference to the previous post above...This is not "AT The Max" pal. Period.

Hi Half Nanker

I have the Stones L&G film which I bought a few years ago on VHS here in OZ under a different title (an official release). Even this VHS is nowhere near DVD quality and from what I have heard the picture quality back in the cinemas in 74/75 (at least in OZ) wasn't that flash either.

The video I have has a great picture (easily beats any bootleg video I have seen) but unfortunately the sound is only in mono. I look forward to the day when I can buy it on an official DVD. Until then my VHS will just have to do!

Cheers

Andrew
ps. It is my favourite Stones film bar NONE!