ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
Background image by Irina!
Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Spector Rips Tina at Ike Turner's Funeral Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd December 2007 10:38 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Spector Rips Tina at Ike Turner's Funeral
Saturday, December 22, 2007
FoxNews.com

By Roger Friedman

Spector Rips Tina at Ike Turner's Funeral

Music legend and murder suspect, Phil Spector, isn't trying to make friends or curry favor with old pals while he waits for a second trial. He turned up at reviled R&B legend Ike Turner's Los Angeles funeral on Friday and gave an impromptu speech that laid into both Tina Turner and Oprah Winfrey.

Spector, according to our spy in the Greater Bethany Community Church in Gardena, Calif., was among several celebrity mourners including Bonnie Raitt and Little Richard who gathered to say good-bye to the Grammy-winning musician.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't prepared to say anything," said the thin and frail-looking music producer. "Nobody had told me that I was going to speak. This is a very sad occasion for me."

Spector rambled, but he had points to make. Here they are, for better or worse:

"First of all, the things that were said about Ike, that were in that piece-of-trash movie they made about him were ... (applause), it was a piece-of-trash movie. I haven't seen the movie but it was told to me, and [Barney] Kessel was the world's greatest guitar player in the world and the only reason that Ike didn't play on 'River Deep, Mountain High' was because Ike was the second greatest guitar player in the world. I treasured him and everybody knew it except Ike. That's how good he was.

"B.B. King told me at a party with Doc Pomus and Joe Turner and Ray Charles sitting there that Ike Turner was the only guitar player he wouldn't play behind. That's how good he was. But Ike never boasted. He came to parties with me and I'd say, 'play, play' and Ike would never play.

"Ike could play circles around Eric Clapton and Eric knew it. I had someone once ask me what's the difference between Ike Turner and Eric Clapton. I said, 'you don't know the difference between Eric Clapton and Ike Turner? That's funny, why don't you ask Eric, Eric knows.'"

"Ike made Tina the jewel she was. When I went to see Ike play at the Cinegrill in the '90s after his absurd reason for being sent to prison for no reason other than being a black man in America, there were at least, and I counted them, five Tina Turners on the stage performing that night, any one of them could have been Tina Turner."

"And sell-out, whom you really love and respect but I have an ambivalence towards Oprah Winfrey. She made Tina Turner's book into a bestseller, which demonized and vilified Ike. The book wouldn't have sold 10 books. It was badly written. It was a piece of trash and because Oprah idolized Tina, she didn't feel it wrong to vilify a 'brother.'"

"Other black sisters did the same thing to Ike and there was a very famous story about Whoopi Goldberg, who had a television show for about five minutes, interviewed Ike. Ike had called me and said, 'Shall I do the show?'

"I said, 'You can't get hurt.' And he said, 'OK, I'm going to do it.'

"And we figured it would be good because it's Whoopi and Whoopi asked him, 'I understand before you were married when you were living together, you beat the hell out of her and she tried to commit suicide because she was so terrified of you and she tried to jump out of a window,' and Ike said, 'Yeah, but it's hard to jump out of a window from a basement floor.'"

"It was only one Ike. I learned more from Ike than any professors I've been around. He never, ever bothered me. He never interfered with me. He never got in my way."

"When we did 'River Deep Mountain High,' people said you can't put Ike and Tina Turner's name on that record. It won't sell because they are rhythm and blues and it's a pop record. I said I signed Ike and Tina Turner, it won't even say featuring Tina Turner; it's Ike and Tina Turner."

Spector said part of the reason he became disillusioned with the record business was because he could not make Ike and Tina as big of an act as he wanted.

"I wanted them to be the biggest revue in America. They were the first act that I recorded that ever could play big-time and break it in Vegas and America."
22nd December 2007 11:18 AM
MrPleasant "it's hard to jump out of a window from a basement floor"

lol
22nd December 2007 11:42 AM
The jinn, my friend.

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/s/phil%20spector/clarksoncrime/capt.934816fafb004b8eb3168de0023c7354.phil_spector_cadd118.jpg
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
22nd December 2007 11:55 AM
The jinn, my friend. ...the problem is,... she wasn't a security at the House of Blues... but she certainly had no right to come to my fucking castle, blow her fucking head open, and *** a murder.
-Spector

lol
23rd December 2007 05:14 AM
pdog Ike and Phil, two brothers who get this bad rap about being assholes and abusers for no god damn good reason!!!
Whatever...
23rd December 2007 10:27 AM
guitarman53 Ike Turner being better then B.B. King or Eric Clapton!! then how come he's not noticed for this!! just a bunch of crap!! if he's so good then how come nobody noticed!! that's something that doesn't go untoniced.
23rd December 2007 03:35 PM
glencar Crazy, man!
23rd December 2007 03:42 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Ike Turner being better then B.B. King or Eric Clapton!! then how come he's not noticed for this!! just a bunch of crap!! if he's so good then how come nobody noticed!! that's something that doesn't go untoniced.

next time pay attention
23rd December 2007 03:45 PM
pdog kick his ass... lol!
23rd December 2007 03:56 PM
gypsy He may have discovered Tina. But Tina worked her ass off, and she came back again without Ike's help.
Actually, she made her comeback with a little help from our Stones.

23rd December 2007 04:25 PM
lotsajizz yup...'81 Tour she guested at 5-6 shows. HTW usually
23rd December 2007 10:00 PM
polytoxic Uh....Thanks Phil. Anyone got a comment from Mike Tyson yet?
23rd December 2007 10:17 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Uh....Thanks Phil. Anyone got a comment from Mike Tyson yet?

SAY WHATh?!

Photobucket
23rd December 2007 10:28 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Uh....Thanks Phil. Anyone got a comment from Mike Tyson yet?

“He called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.” - Tyson on sportwriter Wallace Matthews

"He was screaming like my wife." - Tyson on Tyrell Biggs

"I really dig Hannibal. Hannibal had real guts. He rode elephants into Cartilage."

"I guess I'm gonna fade into Bolivian."
23rd December 2007 11:18 PM
stonedinaustralia say what you like but this is one of THE great rock and roll albums

i speak as the proud owner of a vinyl copy and i am feeling inspired enough by all this to finally go and get myself a turn table just so i can play it again
23rd December 2007 11:26 PM
sweetcharmedlife May both Phil Spector and Ike Turner rot in hell......SLOWLY.
23rd December 2007 11:53 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
May both Phil Spector and Ike Turner rot in hell......SLOWLY.

well phil's not dead

as for ike i am surprised by the vitriol being directed at him by some - sure he was no angel by all accounts but you people knocking him are carrying on as if he was some combination of Charles Manson, Ted Bundy and Josef Mengele

i presume all those who feel entitled to criticize have themselves led blameless lives

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
24th December 2007 12:02 AM
TampabayStone May both Phil Spector and Ike Turner rot in hell......SLOWLY.
[/quote]

Photobucket
24th December 2007 12:10 AM
Egbert
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
say what you like but this is one of THE great rock and roll albums

Right on! I couldn't imagine a hotter opening act for the Stones than the Ike & Tina Review. Those Ikettes - hmmm hmmm hmmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EdBTAqW6HY

[Edited by Egbert]
24th December 2007 12:20 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Those Ikettes - hmmm hmmm hmmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EdBTAqW6HY

Photobucket
24th December 2007 12:21 AM
sweetcharmedlife I know Phil isn't dead...yet. But as far as him and Ike go,if you are going to be that big of a coward and pussy to go and beat up on women then yes. You are just barely one step above kid toucher IMHO!
24th December 2007 12:39 AM
stonedinaustralia we've had this discussion a few times here - wonder if all the brian and keith fans - who were both , allegedly, driven to thumping anita - would agree with that judgment

i understand even st.john lennon is also reported to be "barely one step above a kid toucher"

and if Kurt Cobain was ever accused of a similiar behaviour with his wife - well you can't condone it but in his case you could probably understand it

as for phil - well murder is a long way off of wife beating

24th December 2007 01:57 AM
robpop Genius is sometimes mistaken. We had a guy a work who would draw on the walls with his own fecal matter. Security took months to catch the guy. They figured it was some disgruntled housekeeper. It turned out it was an engineer. Anyway we named him Poopcasso. His canvas and brush was just untraditional but unique. Dude got sent for an evaluation and never returned.
24th December 2007 02:05 AM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
we've had this discussion a few times here - wonder if all the brian and keith fans - who were both , allegedly, driven to thumping anita - would agree with that judgment

i understand even st.john lennon is also reported to be "barely one step above a kid toucher"

and if Kurt Cobain was ever accused of a similiar behaviour with his wife - well you can't condone it but in his case you could probably understand it

as for phil - well murder is a long way off of wife beating

Don't remember ever hearing this about Keith or John Lennon. Your proof please.

24th December 2007 02:09 AM
pdog
24th December 2007 10:14 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Ike Turner being better then B.B. King or Eric Clapton!! then how come he's not noticed for this!! just a bunch of crap!! if he's so good then how come nobody noticed!! that's something that doesn't go untoniced.

next time pay attention

Word.

24th December 2007 11:44 AM
Blowey < ------ That's my girl !!!!!!

You Said it Lil' Fella ( Lil' Joey! )

Some Day Tina and your young Blowey will be married .

" Happy Happy Holidays Everyone from the Valley of the Butt"

Baby Blowey Turner !
24th December 2007 12:20 PM
lotsajizz someone here needs to listen to the lyrics of "Jealous Guy"
24th December 2007 12:32 PM
Blowey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
someone here needs to listen to the lyrics of "Jealous Guy"

Oh Jizzy!!!

Are we "Weeding" yet????

T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-TELL ME!!!!!

I's GOTS TO KNOWS!!!!!!

J. Danforth Blow! - Established what seems like moments ago!
24th December 2007 01:55 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Untoniced? Perhaps your gin has gone untoniced.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)