ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
Background image by Irina!
Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: i listened to beggers banquet this morning Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th December 2007 04:55 PM
fireontheplatter i wish and hope the next cd is as good as this one

choirs and fiddles

....thers a tramp sitting on my doorstep trying to waste his time.....

and i always thought wasting time required no effort what so ever.
20th December 2007 05:07 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i wish and hope the next cd is as good as this one

choirs and fiddles

....thers a tramp sitting on my doorstep trying to waste his time.....

and i always thought wasting time required no effort what so ever.

Not when your eating metholated sandwiches.....
20th December 2007 06:59 PM
BILL PERKS IF THEY HAD INCLUDED JJF AND CHILD OF THE MOON ,IT WOULD BE THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE,EVER.
20th December 2007 07:02 PM
pdog
20th December 2007 07:04 PM
Dr. Pepper Amazing record, Factory Girl is sublime
20th December 2007 07:07 PM
pdog
20th December 2007 07:09 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
IF THEY HAD INCLUDED JJF AND CHILD OF THE MOON ,IT WOULD BE THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE,EVER.

Photobucket
20th December 2007 07:13 PM
speedfreakjive the recording of Stray Cat Blues doesn't sound dated at all, a great song from a great album, Street Fighting Man is as seminal as ever, so distinctive
20th December 2007 07:18 PM
Jaggedblues Parachute Woman. Yeah baby.
20th December 2007 07:20 PM
TampabayStone Photobucket
20th December 2007 07:34 PM
glencar I shall listen to it first thing TOMORROW morn instead of the Voodoopugs!
20th December 2007 08:17 PM
Mel Belli By the way, what is a metholated sandwich?
21st December 2007 09:04 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
By the way, what is a metholated sandwich?

meth·yl·ate (mth-lt)
n.
An organic compound in which the hydrogen of the hydroxyl group of methyl alcohol is replaced by a metal.
tr.v. meth·yl·at·ed, meth·yl·at·ing, meth·yl·ates
1. To mix or combine with methyl alcohol.
2. To combine with the methyl radical.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

methyl·ation n.
methyl·ator n.

So I guess it means a tramp with booze in his sandwhich...Hey maybe the guy was onto something....
21st December 2007 09:17 AM
Shmoey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I shall listen to it first thing TOMORROW morn instead of the Voodoopugs!

you bet your sweet bippy!!!!!!!!!
come to Shmoey!!!

21st December 2007 09:29 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
By the way, what is a metholated sandwich?

I always thought it was "mentholated sandwich."
21st December 2007 09:45 AM
gimmekeef GTRM..and I always though there was a line in Tumblin Dice.."jews never frown"....lol

Critics' Opinions
Musical opinions have divereged widely on the merits of "Jigsaw Puzzle". Music journalist Steve Knopper quoted on Amazon considers it inexplicable that it never became a hit in its own right. [2]. However, journalist Richie Unterberger describes it unenthusiastically as a mere "album filler".

Unterberger draws comparisons to the mid-to-late 1960s work of Bob Dylan saying "...the similarity to some of Dylan's long, wordy surreal songs of the mid-'60s is close enough that it's a little surprising 'Jigsaw Puzzle' hasn't been singled out by more listeners as being a Dylan imitation, particularly since it frankly sounds a little hackneyed in its approximation of Dylanesque weirdness."[3] The lyrics depict the observations of the singer who finds himself surrounded by "misfits and weirdos";

“ There's a tramp sittin' on my doorstep, Tryin' to waste his time; With his methylated sandwich, He's a walking clothesline; And here comes the bishop's daughter, On the other side; She looks a trifle jealous, She's been an outcast all her life ”
“ Me, I'm waiting so patiently, Lying on the floor; I'm just trying to do my jig-saw puzzle, Before it rains anymore ”

Of the song, Unterberger concludes, " Like many of the tracks on that album, it drew on country blues for musical inspiration... The lyrics, however, are not the sort that would be heard on actual rural Delta blues records... More of a drawback to the song, however, is its lack of melodic development, just keeping on the same basic monotonous stock blues tune for a good six minutes or so. For album filler such as this, some other creative touches were needed to make it stand out more."[
21st December 2007 11:11 AM
Some Guy well now I gotta listen to it.
21st December 2007 11:27 AM
Riffhard
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
GTRM..and I always though there was a line in Tumblin Dice.."jews never frown"....lol

Critics' Opinions
Musical opinions have divereged widely on the merits of "Jigsaw Puzzle". Music journalist Steve Knopper quoted on Amazon considers it inexplicable that it never became a hit in its own right. [2]. However, journalist Richie Unterberger describes it unenthusiastically as a mere "album filler".

Unterberger draws comparisons to the mid-to-late 1960s work of Bob Dylan saying "...the similarity to some of Dylan's long, wordy surreal songs of the mid-'60s is close enough that it's a little surprising 'Jigsaw Puzzle' hasn't been singled out by more listeners as being a Dylan imitation, particularly since it frankly sounds a little hackneyed in its approximation of Dylanesque weirdness."[3] The lyrics depict the observations of the singer who finds himself surrounded by "misfits and weirdos";

“ There's a tramp sittin' on my doorstep, Tryin' to waste his time; With his methylated sandwich, He's a walking clothesline; And here comes the bishop's daughter, On the other side; She looks a trifle jealous, She's been an outcast all her life ”
“ Me, I'm waiting so patiently, Lying on the floor; I'm just trying to do my jig-saw puzzle, Before it rains anymore ”

Of the song, Unterberger concludes, " Like many of the tracks on that album, it drew on country blues for musical inspiration... The lyrics, however, are not the sort that would be heard on actual rural Delta blues records... More of a drawback to the song, however, is its lack of melodic development, just keeping on the same basic monotonous stock blues tune for a good six minutes or so. For album filler such as this, some other creative touches were needed to make it stand out more."[

This Richie Unterberger guy sounds like an elitist fucktard! I would be willing to bet that this faig is gonna vote for Hillary! All seriousness aside though, I'd like to rip his head off and shit down his neck!

Riffy
21st December 2007 12:06 PM
Sioux Richie Unterberger has written some great books---a lot about obscure 60's garage bands, complete with a CD containing some of the songs.
21st December 2007 12:23 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Richie Unterberger has written some great books---a lot about obscure 60's garage bands, complete with a CD containing some of the songs.

While this may well be true, I still find his snobbish attitude towards Jigsaw Puzzle disheartening to say the least. That said, I'll still bet he is gonna vote for Hillary, and I'd still like to rip his head off and shit down his neck. Is that a mean thing to say?

Riffy
21st December 2007 12:47 PM
Blowey
quote:
glencar wrote:

BEST GLENCAR YET!!!!!
21st December 2007 12:58 PM
Starbuck should we do another stones cover album?
21st December 2007 04:30 PM
the good
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

While this may well be true, I still find his snobbish attitude towards Jigsaw Puzzle disheartening to say the least. That said, I'll still bet he is gonna vote for Hillary, and I'd still like to rip his head off and shit down his neck. Is that a mean thing to say?

Riffy

Not very Christian
21st December 2007 04:35 PM
robpop
21st December 2007 04:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:

I am pretty sure we have a few tracks from that album on the demo I gave you! This could be a beautiful thing Blue!!
21st December 2007 04:48 PM
glencar Your CD hasn't played yet. I heard those Stripped Companion songs.
21st December 2007 04:48 PM
glencar And now, I must nap...
21st December 2007 04:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
And now, I must nap...

get your rest my friend, it will be a long 4 day weekend for many of us! Happy holidays.
21st December 2007 05:04 PM
Some Guy I played Let It Bleed on a beer run.
21st December 2007 07:28 PM
Sioux
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

Yeah, kinda. lol
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)