ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE FEVER; Is Rock n Roll an addiction? Return to archive
December 26th, 2004 02:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels

December 26th, 2004 02:46 PM
Jair To me is my biggest addiction.
In second place comes bagulho & coffee and in third Coca-Cola.
I like to sleep as well.
December 26th, 2004 05:17 PM
Bloozehound Jukeboxes themselves are pretty addicting IMO, nothing funner when hanging out in a bar and going on the jukebox run.

Meeting new jukeboxes requires certain rights of passage, when you first lay eyes on his selection you're summing him up, seeing what he's made of. After a while he becomes like a close friend. He'll sing ya rock songs, drinking songs, party songs, a sad song or a happy song, and badass songs, whatever you need to hear he'll hook you up cuz he's the man.

I don't know how many times he's got the best of me. I thought he had no surprises, and he turns me onto something I had never heard before, or something I thought I didn't care for, or he showed me who sang a particular song I liked, but didn't know who'd sung it. He's funny that way.

Cd or single jukeboxes, it doesn't matter to me, I love them all the same. I enjoy languishing over their selections, choosing the right songs, sliding change down their dirty slots, pressing their big, firm buttons and waiting for them to make beautiful music.

Even the most run-of-the-mill, tried and true, haggard oldie like Brown Sugar sounds refreshingly new and vigerously rockin' when jammed on a juke in a crowded bar, in fact, it's usually the Brown Sugar or Honky Tonk Womins of the world that get the crowd "into it" in these situations, if you know what I mean.

A bar can be a shitty bar, but a shitty bar with a great jukebox becomes a great bar. That's just simple drinking physics 101, and that's powerful stuff.

jukeboxes and rock n roll, what great addictions!
December 27th, 2004 02:24 AM
beer Damn good post Bloozehound. Picking the right combination of songs can be crucial sometimes. It might even sway the general mood of the bar!

It's also fun to load a jukebox full of some horrible song over and over with right before you leave a bad bar.

-
December 27th, 2004 12:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels There's only 4 reasons to go to a bar.

1. The Booze
2. The Juke Box
3. The Smoking
4. The Chicks (optional)
December 27th, 2004 12:08 PM
Nasty Habits I'm with beer, BH -- and with you -- fine post and fine topic. Jukeboxes rule. I obviously love the single ones the most, but CD jukeboxes have their place -- a good bar with the right discs in them can make it last all night.

Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood