ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Psycho shower scene voted top film moment Return to archive
December 26th, 2004 12:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Psycho shower scene voted top film moment

26/12/2004 - 11:16:25

Janet Leigh�s shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock�s Psycho has been voted the best film moment of the last 50 years.

The battle sequence in Star Wars sequel The Empire Strikes Back, where Darth Vader devastates the Rebel base is second in the poll.

Stanley Kubrick�s horror movie The Shining, starring Jack Nicholson, comes third in the UCI Cinemas survey, for the scene were Scatman Crothers �shines� in his bedroom.

Fourth is The Italian Job for the Mini car chase through Turin, followed by Francis Ford Coppola�s Apocalypse Now, where Col Kilgore (Robert Duvall) and his helicopters swarm out of the dawn light to flatten a Vietcong village.

UCI spokesman Katy Harris said: �Today�s computer generated graphics that have helped to make films like the Matrix and the Star Wars trilogy such a success.

�But the choices show that what makes a memorable movie moment is much more about how we make an emotional connection to the screen images, through humour, tragedy, fear or disbelief.�

The survey, of 500 people, also came up with the best movie moments for each decade.

1950s
From Here to Eternity (1953): Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr kissing in the surf.

1960s
Psycho (1960): The editing, shrieking music and camera angles in the shower scene.

1970s
Apocalypse Now (1979): where Col Kilgore (Robert Duvall) and his Air Calvary helicopters swarm out of the dawn light to flatten a Vietcong village.

1980s
The Empire Strikes Back (1980): The AT-AT attack.

1990s
The Matrix (1999): The sequence with Carrie-Anne Moss jumping, kicking and flying through the air.

December 26th, 2004 04:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, well that'll change.

Just wait til I get done with my movie starring Gypsy. It will change the would of film forever.

Oh SNAP!
December 26th, 2004 07:01 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah, well that'll change.

Just wait til I get done with my movie starring Gypsy. It will change the would of film forever.

Oh SNAP!

"the would of film forever?"

fuckin' illiterate

Oh SNAP!
December 26th, 2004 08:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot Doh!

Stupid finger making stupid typo!

December 26th, 2004 11:54 PM
BILL PERKS KILL BILL VOL II..UMA AND DARRYL HANNAH DUKIN IT OUT..HOT CHICK STYLE
December 27th, 2004 06:42 AM
J.J.Flash Scarface should be the TOP.....
December 27th, 2004 07:43 AM
corgi37 This is all just horseshit. Here's the REAL list, from some one who should know.

Me.

10. Day of the Dead - when Rhodes gets ripped in 1/2 by the zombies.
09. Amazon women on the moon - When Monique Gabrielle is strolling through the Guggenheim Museum naked.
08. Jaws - When the camera zooms in on the unsuspecting naked swimmer, and you can fucking SWEAR you can see her pubes swaying as she moves.
07. Fast time at Ridemont High - Phoebe Cates - topless.
06. Gimme Shelter - And the fat naked chick with amazing size DDDDDD floppy tits gets pushed onto, and then off, the stage.
05. Dawn of the Dead (78 version) - The 1st flesh ripping/eating scene in the ghetto building.
04. Jackie Brown - The close up of Bridget Fonda's toes.
03. Sirens - When Kate Fisher, Portia De Rossi & Elle McPherson are naked in the river and hold up Tara Fitzgerald. Also naked.
02. ET - The one movie that send me to blubber. I bawl my eyes out. My step kids laugh at me, and my twin babies console me saying "What's wrong daddy"? "Oh, um, nothing, daddy has something in his ey". So, when the kids are on their bikes, just about to be captured, and ET makes them all fly in the sky. At 41, i still cry my eyes out at that part. Oh, and when ET dies and comes back. Oh, and when he says goodbye to Elliott. Oh, and when he gets drunk. Aw, shucks, the whole damn movie.
01. Deep Throat - When Linda Lovelace discovers the clitoris in her throat.
December 27th, 2004 11:18 AM
Ten Thousand Motels 5. When Dirty Harry blasts the dirt bag,. just after delivering that one famous line. "....well do ya punk?"

4. When Lee Van Cleef blasts the hunch back with the hidden derringer in A Few Dollars More.

3. The Gunfight in Shane....when Shane twirls the pistol back into his holster....just before he blasts the guy up in the loft.

2. When King Kong breaks through the wall and goes on a rampage looking for the blondie.
(Or Faye Wray's famous "scream Scene".)

1. When Sam breaks down and sings As Time Goes By. (That is the name of the song isn't it?)

December 27th, 2004 01:10 PM
Nasty Habits Off the top of my head . . .

5. Inspector Clay gets killed in the graveyard.
4. Barbara Jean sings "Dues".
3. WHO THE FUCK THREW GLASS IN THE STREET?!? I don't CARE who did it, I just want to KNOW who did it!
2. Billie, Varla, and Hadji gas up.
1. "I ain't gonna give you no lies, and I ain't gonna give you no bullshit, but I need a good woman to keep me satisfied!" up until "I speshyo, I spectschoo, I spectschoo my my my I gonna get it! I say a yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo WOOO!"
December 27th, 2004 01:20 PM
jb http://www.geocities.com/tvshowthemelyrics/ChicoAndTheManSong.html
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood