ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
?ťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Duran Duran at Earls Court 21/12/05 (NSC) Return to archive
December 22nd, 2005 11:11 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Ok guys. This is for anybody interested in Duran Duran.

I managed to keep hold of a lot of corporate hospitality tickets before I was made redundant and these were among them. I wasnt too keen on the idea of going, but I thought I would treat my girlfriend to a nice meal and then duran duran. It was a very good move.

The meal was fantastic. If you are ever in Fulham Broadway, there is a fantastic seafood retaurant called the Lobster Pot.

Duran Duran were supported by The Bravery. They were not very good, but they were not helped by an accident at Moorgate tube station delaying almost half the crowd.

The Duranies took to the stage at about 8.30 and they were magic for all of two hours.

The hits rolled out one after the other.

Rfley
Planet Earth
Come Undone (Dedicated to Elton and David Furnish)
Save a Prayer
Girls on film
Hungry Like The Wolf
New song Astronaught
Sunrise
Rio

The list went on and on. Songs that were etched into your brain from years ago were bought back to life by an imperious Le Bon who held the audience in the palm of his hand. The band was tight, tighter than it had probably ever been before.

Well worth going to see.

And the missus was well pleased too!
December 22nd, 2005 11:51 AM
Saint Sway HA!HA! ROTFLMAO!!!! That is THE funniest post of the year!!

Good work Voodoo Scrounge!!! I laughed so hard at this I spit out my morning coffee thru my nose!

So many side splitting laughs. I just have to give props to a few of the really hilarious gems you penned.

like this one:

quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
The Duranies took to the stage at about 8.30 and they were magic for all of two hours.

blahhahahahah!! Magic! Nice touch!

and this zinger!
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
The hits rolled out one after the other.

Oh! But this was one was brilliant....
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Come Undone (Dedicated to Elton and David Furnish)

OUCH!!!!

but I gotta hand it you, you really brought the house down with this closer and left them laughing in the aisles! Hilarious!! The icing on the cake...
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
The list went on and on. Songs that were etched into your brain from years ago were bought back to life by an imperious Le Bon who held the audience in the palm of his hand. The band was tight, tighter than it had probably ever been before.

blahahahhahaha too funny!!!! I love how you dubbed him the "imperious Le Bon" HA! Good stuff!!

thanks for the morning funnies Voodoo Scrounge!!!
December 22nd, 2005 11:54 AM
Jumacfly they also did an unplugged set
December 22nd, 2005 12:30 PM
Dan I would LOVE to see Duran Duran one of these days. Had tickets to see Duran Duran/Dramarama/Cranberries at the Hollywood Bowl in 1993 but it got cancelled. They also did a New Years Eve show with Adam Ant and the Village People but I went to go see Cheap Trick/Dramarama instead.

Had a ticket to the Inland Invasion with The Cure and a bunch of other bands but ended up selling the ticket.
December 22nd, 2005 03:20 PM
Honky Tonk Man Good for you, Voodoo Scrounge!

I'd love to see Duran Duran live and like you, i'd score with my other half!
December 22nd, 2005 07:31 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I saw them open for David Bowie in '87 in Ottawa. They played a full set and put on a very tight and energetic show. At the time, I would have been appalled to have been called a fan, but they did write some pretty catchy tunes. On the plus side too, there were a lot of good looking women there.

Oh yeah, Bowie had Peter Frampton in his band at the time -- another plus.
December 22nd, 2005 07:51 PM
Nellcote The vids from the 80's are still good today.
The Duranies have staying power.
Thanks for the info.

BTW, the bassist & guitarist who joined Tony Thompson & Robert Palmer for Power Station, which was another cool project.

It's a shame both Thompson & Palmer are playing in another band, not of this earth now....
December 23rd, 2005 03:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I am not ashamed to be a fan of Duran Duran and neither am I affriad to praise them when they entertain me.

They were fantastic the other night and everybody in Earls court would agree with me.

I cant believe the sarcasm of some of you guys. Just because it is something you dont like. Well I got something to say to you. If you dont like what your reading, then dont reply to it. Simple.

Duran Duran are NOT the best band in the world. Duran Duran are NOT better than the Stones. But at least they entertained me as much as the stones would and at half the fucking price!

And Im STILL in the goodbooks with my missus!
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
December 23rd, 2005 09:49 AM
Madafaka Duran Duran played live down here two weeks ago. Really a poor tickets sale. If you want, you could see them for free. Duran Duran for free is very expensive IMO.

[Edited by Madafaka]
December 24th, 2005 02:58 PM
Dan Funny how some of the trendy 80s music sounds so much better when stacked up against whats trendy today. Some of their stuff has stood the test of time and sounds better now than it did then. Hopefully they will play a decent venue soon and I can get a cheap or free ticket.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)