ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
?ťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SETLIST FROM BRAZIL-FREE CONCERT Return to archive
December 21st, 2005 06:36 AM
RollingstonesUSA According to this tour and songs played and rehersed, what do U think the setlist should be for the free concert to be filmed as a dvd?....
December 21st, 2005 06:44 AM
Gazza Considering about 90% of the setlists for this tour have been entirely predictable from one night to the next, I would imagine it would be the usual, with even more warhorses than most shows so far

I think I actually predicted there would be a Tv broadcast/DVD of this show when the idea was first rumoured, so its no surprise really.

The 'selling point' and main focus of the DVD will be the whole 'look how many people there are in an exotic location' unlike Four Flicks where the music was the main thing.

A bit like comparing this tour with the Licks tour, ie Spectacle v Substance.
December 21st, 2005 06:44 AM
Bruno Stone Don´t know if it has been played but I am waiting for Gimme Shelter desperately.
December 21st, 2005 08:13 AM
ExileInLA
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Considering about 90% of the setlists for this tour have been entirely predictable from one night to the next, I would imagine it would be the usual, with even more warhorses than most shows so far

I think I actually predicted there would be a Tv broadcast/DVD of this show when the idea was first rumoured, so its no surprise really.

The 'selling point' and main focus of the DVD will be the whole 'look how many people there are in an exotic location' unlike Four Flicks where the music was the main thing.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Nice work my friend. This tour is a Rolling FARCE. 2002 was the last great Stones tour. 05 is SHIT.
December 21st, 2005 08:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Considering about 90% of the setlists for this tour have been entirely predictable from one night to the next, I would imagine it would be the usual, with even more warhorses than most shows so far

Sad but true
December 21st, 2005 06:04 PM
Soldatti I expect a full warhorse setlist, what the hell will they play in front of 1 million people?
December 21st, 2005 06:23 PM
Jair
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I expect a full warhorse setlist, what the hell will they play in front of 1 million people?

Actually, is very common you see one million of people in Copacabana Beach, it happens every day, so, in fact THE STONES will attend the people, and NOT the contrary, you see?
Just to passing time, and to get the hotest girls, I think they will play something, anyway...
December 21st, 2005 08:48 PM
corgi37 I think it would be great if they ditched Night time for Get up, stand up. They could give it a real Samba feel. WOuld go down a treat. Hope the dvd has lots of crowd shots.

Can you imagine the tits and thongs!!!
December 21st, 2005 08:50 PM
keefjunkie im hoping for midnight rambler...

will there still be a b-stage for this?
December 22nd, 2005 05:01 AM
JumpingKentFlash I agree that it's spectacle vs. quality. Nothing sad about it though. It's still the Stones, so you're always certain of a treat. And who says it will be the only DVD of this tour??? It's not like the Stones suddenly said to themselves: "Last tour we made a great DVD, so this time the fans are gonna have SHIT"!!!!!
December 22nd, 2005 05:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
I agree that it's spectacle vs. quality. Nothing sad about it though.

you're admitting it smacks of a lack of quality yet still think thats not 'sad'? Huh? Whilst I'm loathe to slag something off which hasnt been recorded or filmed yet, let alone released, wouldnt you prefer it to be something 'good' and 'innovative' (which Four Flicks was)? If any DVD concentrating more on the 'event', 'location' and 'spectacle' than anything else, then that by definition takes away from the music and effectively demeans the band by giving their music a minor role in their own concert film. Personally speaking, I dont like to see the Stones' music playing second fiddle to anything in a concert DVD. Even tits and bums!

quote:
It's still the Stones, so you're always certain of a treat. And who says it will be the only DVD of this tour??? .

well most normal bands only issue one at the most and would consider any more than one to be flogging a dead horse...last tour they released one DVD featuring 3 shows plus theyve now 'rewarded' fan club members with a 4th show from that tour on the fan club DVD - two and half years after it took place!

quote:
It's not like the Stones suddenly said to themselves: "Last tour we made a great DVD, so this time the fans are gonna have SHIT"!!!!!

well they seem to have used that theory with the setlists, so why not?

Seriously, yeah I'm sure it'll be visually quite special, but thats not really the point. Depends how easily satisfied you are, I suppose. Some people just have higher standards. Maybe TOO high in my case
[Edited by Gazza]
December 22nd, 2005 05:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
'rewarded' fan club members with a 4th show from that tour on the fan club DVD - two and half years after it took place!

A fourth show? Which one?
December 22nd, 2005 05:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Where can non fan club memebers get a copy of that dvd?
December 22nd, 2005 06:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

A fourth show? Which one?

Bangalore, although as I havent received my copy of the DVD yet I dont know how much of it is included.
December 22nd, 2005 06:06 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Where can non fan club memebers get a copy of that dvd?

its only available as part of the platinum fan club package. And even then, the vast majority of members havent received it yet
December 22nd, 2005 06:42 AM
corgi37 You know what they should do? Do Sympathy with heaps and heaps of local samba drummers. Fire breathers, flaming baton twirlers, scantily clad bitches, those dudes dressed as "flyboys (thats the kind of coat Jagger wore on the B2B dvd) and all that sort of shit.

Or, during Honky Tonk Women, have some local beach babes, with asses as hard as steel, jiggling around the place.

Failing that, they can just do the normal boring stuff, i dont really care anymore.
December 22nd, 2005 07:00 AM
Jair
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
You know what they should do? Do Sympathy with heaps and heaps of local samba drummers. Fire breathers, flaming baton twirlers, scantily clad bitches, those dudes dressed as "flyboys (thats the kind of coat Jagger wore on the B2B dvd) and all that sort of shit.

Or, during Honky Tonk Women, have some local beach babes, with asses as hard as steel, jiggling around the place.

Failing that, they can just do the normal boring stuff, i dont really care anymore.

Yes!!! The use of local drummers would be something really apotheotic. Think like...lets say, 40 drummers playing with Charlie, doing a great beat, like they do in the Carnaval and Mick on the front, screaming like a bitch, wow!

Lots of fireworks with boats in the sea, like they do in the new year...explosions, lasers cuting the space and stuff, more fireworks falling from the buildings, like the Sheraton Hotel do any year...and, and then of course the hot asses dancing...Well, if they listen to Corgi might be we'll have a great spetacule!
To watch on DVD, of course.
I'm not going anyway, unless I change my mind.
December 22nd, 2005 08:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
You know what they should do? Do Sympathy with heaps and heaps of local samba drummers. Fire breathers, flaming baton twirlers, scantily clad bitches, those dudes dressed as "flyboys (thats the kind of coat Jagger wore on the B2B dvd) and all that sort of shit.

now you put it like that, scratch what I said earlier. Fuck the music. This sounds like more fun
December 22nd, 2005 12:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Bangalore, although as I havent received my copy of the DVD yet I dont know how much of it is included.

only three songs performed, and one is Boogie CHillin from AC 1989.....by no means a fourth show released...
December 22nd, 2005 12:28 PM
Jumping Jack You should ask around and you might just find what you are looking for in the "usual" places.
December 23rd, 2005 05:22 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you're admitting it smacks of a lack of quality yet still think thats not 'sad'? Huh? Whilst I'm loathe to slag something off which hasnt been recorded or filmed yet, let alone released, wouldnt you prefer it to be something 'good' and 'innovative' (which Four Flicks was)? If any DVD concentrating more on the 'event', 'location' and 'spectacle' than anything else, then that by definition takes away from the music and effectively demeans the band by giving their music a minor role in their own concert film. Personally speaking, I dont like to see the Stones' music playing second fiddle to anything in a concert DVD. Even tits and bums!
-------> I never said that it was lack of quality. I can't say that because I haven't seen it yet. We can't expect to get Four Flicks every time from now on. Especially when they don't do the 3 venues thing anymore.

well most normal bands only issue one at the most and would consider any more than one to be flogging a dead horse...last tour they released one DVD featuring 3 shows plus theyve now 'rewarded' fan club members with a 4th show from that tour on the fan club DVD - two and half years after it took place!
-------> The fanclub DVD must suck. I have the entire Bangalore and the entire Atlantic City 1989 on bootleg DVD so there's no need to even get it. And I bet you'd jump and scream as much as me if you found out that this DVD was a double feature with Copacabana 06 and Phoenix 05. Come to think of it, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Think about the tagline for this DVD: "From the smallest clubs to the largest venues: The Rolling Stones". Maybe it will even happen. It seems weird that they had such tight security at the Phoenix concert and that no recording whatsoever has surfaced of this show.

well they seem to have used that theory with the setlists, so why not?
-------> I don't think they have. I like the setlist. I just think you're spoiled by seeing them so many times. You can't blame the Stones for your obsession with them.

Seriously, yeah I'm sure it'll be visually quite special, but thats not really the point. Depends how easily satisfied you are, I suppose. Some people just have higher standards. Maybe TOO high in my case
-------> What do we know about it??? Nothing.........

December 23rd, 2005 09:08 AM
ArgentinaStone According with the song played on this tour the best set list should be...

Start Me Up
She So Cold
Shattered
TUmbling Dice
Oh Not You Again
Rain Fall Down
All Down The Line
Midnight Rambler

Intros

The Worst (keith)
Infamy (Keith)
Miss you (B-stage)
Rough Justice (B-stage)
Get Off Of My Cloud (B-stage)
Honky Tonk Woman (B-stage)
Sympathy
Paint It Black
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar
JJF

encore

You Can't Always Get What you Want
Its Only Rock'n'Roll
December 23rd, 2005 09:46 AM
Madafaka I bet for a concert full of warhorses, as Soldatti said.
December 23rd, 2005 11:49 AM
Jumping Jack Other played quite well this tour include:

Ruby Tuesday
Sweet Virginia
Bitch
Live With Me
Dead Flowers
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)