ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Keith Bashing Return to archive
12-23-03 10:24 AM
lucasd4 It amazes me how people are bashing Keith now--at a time when he's playing better than he has since the 70's. I had been a critic of Keith's playing since the STEEL WHEELS tour, but found very little agreement around here. In fact, I usually got attacked every time I posted a critical remark about his lack of playing and his increased posing onstage. But the man made me a believer again on this past tour. Sure, his lead work wasn't great, but the old Keef rhythm guitar was back. He cut down on the posing and played that guitar like the rhythm monster he used to be.
12-23-03 10:32 AM
morocco One of the most irritating things to me is a message board composed of sycophants. Stones fans love them enough to be objective and critical when the time calls for it.

Look at the Stones' comments about each other; I feel they would agree with me. Hell, even Charles slugged Jagger in the face when the time called for it.

I guess Charlie Watts would be shunned here; he's a Jagger basher.
12-23-03 10:34 AM
SHINE A LIGHT keith is keith......has been bashed enough IN LIFE (the cops)....please let's stop it here!!!
i love the man dearly!
12-23-03 10:47 AM
Lambchop
quote:
morocco wrote:
One of the most irritating things to me is a message board composed of sycophants. Stones fans love them enough to be objective and critical when the time calls for it.

Look at the Stones' comments about each other; I feel they would agree with me. Hell, even Charles slugged Jagger in the face when the time called for it.

I guess Charlie Watts would be shunned here; he's a Jagger basher.

Stormy?
12-23-03 11:10 AM
Zack Morocco, you nicked the word "sychopant" off me from your earlier thread. Whatever.

But my comments on one entry in a 40-album catalog is sort of weak are quite different from criticizing the Man himself Keith Richards.

Keith and the Stones just finished playing 130 (!) shows, with panache, in six months -- at 60 years old! This tour was the most successful of the year by any group. Considering his lifetime achievement up to the very present, Keith is absolutely beyond reproach.

You say you've never seen a Stones show but you are irritated by hardcore fans. If this is so important to you, why did you miss the tour last year, or in 99, 98, 97, 94, or 89. I first showed up in 81.
12-23-03 11:19 AM
Zack Sorry, grammatical error in paragraph two of my last post, due to kids tugging at my leg. It should read:

"But my comment that one entry in a 40-odd album catalog is sort of weak is quite different from criticizing the Man himself Keith Richards."
12-23-03 11:57 AM
SHINE A LIGHT the wanker/wankette is back!!! ( sorry, keith richards210, i just had to "steal" that phrase, it's delightful....hope you don't mind. thanks.)
12-23-03 12:14 PM
Pattie
Lots of people bash Mick and nobody says anything...
12-23-03 12:15 PM
jb Absolutely correct Pattie....
12-23-03 12:52 PM
glencar I think our wooly lil friend Lamby might be correct. Ugh!
12-23-03 02:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
morocco wrote:
One of the most irritating things to me is a message board composed of sycophants.

Sycophants? It's not ALL sycophants...I'd say only about 10-12 really hardcore sycophants . Besides one has to like Tattoo You to be a real sycophant. Nothing irritates me more than a board composed of Psuedo-sycophants.
(btw...what's a sycophant? )

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12-23-03 02:40 PM
Pattie
Beats me man!
12-23-03 02:42 PM
SHINE A LIGHT hell, i'm being bashed a great deal in the recent past.....ya gotta just take it from where it comes, then give it the royal toss!!
12-23-03 04:09 PM
glencar Sycophant = suck-up. None of those around here!
12-23-03 07:42 PM
Gazza >Keith and the Stones just finished playing 130 (!) shows, with panache, in six months -- at 60 years old!

actually it was 117 shows in 14 months. if theyd played 130 in 6 months, theyd be dead...with panache, but still dead.
12-23-03 07:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
actually it was 117 shows in 14 months. if theyd played 130 in 6 months, theyd be dead...with panache, but still dead.

I presume Gazza's statistics are accurate...
12-23-03 10:24 PM
Gazza give or take one or two...lol
12-23-03 11:47 PM
Jason P. Keith played quite well during the 1989/90 tours, in fact.

Why anyone would define Keith's playing of the past several
years as "better" or "improved" is a mystery. Maybe Deaf-Aids are in order?
12-24-03 03:49 PM
glencar TTM, a sociopath is one who doesn't know how to tell the truth.
12-24-03 08:35 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
the wanker/wankette is back!!! ( sorry, keith richards210, i just had to "steal" that phrase, it's delightful....hope you don't mind. thanks.)

No problem...it applies!
12-25-03 05:03 AM
TracyGene Keith bashing,do any of you think Keith really cares about any of that?He is one tough guy.Look at what all he has gone through.He has done it all,lived it all,and most of us are just amazed he is still alive.It will take alot more than this to bring him down.Mick on the other hand,has his image to maintain.
What I love about Keith is his "devil may care "attitude.