ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chuck Leavell honored in home state (SSC) Return to archive
12-23-03 04:47 AM
Monkey Woman From RSFCO:

Atlanta Chapter of the Recording Academy to Honor Chuck Leavell
of the Rolling Stones at the 3rd Annual Heroes Awards in Atlanta on April 1, 2004
Proceeds from Atlanta's Heroes Awards Gala to Benefit the
Chapter's Professional Arts Education Programs and MusiCares® Foundation

The Heroes Award is the highest honor bestowed by an Academy Chapter and is given to honor outstanding individuals and institutions in the Georgia region that have improved the environment for the creative community. The gala event, which attracts recording artists, key entertainment executives and community leaders, will be held on Thursday, April 1, 2004, at the Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel (210 Peachtree Street, downtown Atlanta). Proceeds will benefit the Academy's professional arts education programs for the music community of the Atlanta region and a portion to benefit the MusiCares® Foundation - the health and human services charity founded by the Recording Academy.
The event will commence at 6:45 p.m. with a VIP Press Reception and a
special Silent Auction and cocktail hour offering one-of-a-kind music
memorabilia, as well as travel and entertainment packages. The Heroes Awards Dinner and Show begins at 8 p.m. and will recognize the esteemed honorees with VIP presenters and performances. Sponsorship packages and table sales are available by calling the Atlanta Chapter office at 404-816-1380.
Recipients of the Heroes Award are selected in acknowledgment of the
excellence and integrity embodied in their work, as well as their willingness to support and participate in programs benefiting the music community.
Author, keynote speaker, pianist and "sixth Rolling Stone," Georgia resident Chuck Leavell has remained one of pop music's most respected and sought-after pianists for the past 30 years. Although Leavell has been with The Rolling Stones for 20 years, he has also garnered critical acclaim for his solo projects and is recognized for his contributions to numerous works with high profile artists, including Eric Clapton, The Black Crowes, George Harrison, Aretha Franklin, The Allman Brothers Band, The Indigo Girls, Blues Traveler, Train and many
more. In addition to his musical expertise, Leavell has established himself as a respected author and keynote speaker about forestry and conservation. His book, Forever Green: The History And Hope Of The American Forest, is now in it's second printing in the U.S. and is being translated and released in Germany in late 2004. He and his wife Rose Lane were named National Outstanding Tree Farmers of the Year in 1999.

http://www.stonesplanet.com/chuckleavellhonor.htm
12-23-03 05:02 AM
Mathijs Wait. Chuck Leavell "the sixth Rolling Stone"? Chuck LEavell "of the Rollling Stones"?? If Chuck becomes a Stone we all should burn our Stones records in a big pile playing Beatle records. I for one will do that.

Mathijs
12-23-03 05:19 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Wait. Chuck Leavell "the sixth Rolling Stone"? Chuck LEavell "of the Rollling Stones"?? If Chuck becomes a Stone we all should burn our Stones records in a big pile playing Beatle records. I for one will do that.

Mathijs

Great! I wanna see you do that!
12-23-03 05:20 AM
Jumacfly me too!!!
12-23-03 06:10 AM
glencar LOL
12-23-03 07:08 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL

Yeah that's funny. Now gears have switched...from Keith bashing to Chuck bashing...next on to Mick bashing and it all ends in a wild and frenzied Rolling Stones record burning orgy by hardcore fans.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12-23-03 08:48 AM
UGot2Rollme I must admit an odd pleasure in Chuck-bashing, but, in the spirit of the holiday season, I will refrain.
12-23-03 10:37 AM
SHINE A LIGHT chuck owns a lovely/costly inn......you get the whole deal.i'd like to go there,but it costs a fair bit!
12-23-03 01:17 PM
glencar I like Chuck. His playing is a bit much but he's the guy who gets them going & he seems like a nice guy. And his work with trees is obviously a good thing.
12-23-03 07:43 PM
T&A wherever I find a chuck-bashing post, I feel obligated to be the voice of reason:

1) Chuck is cool
2) Chuck can play with the best of 'em
3) Chuck is one of the main reasons the Stones are still doing it

12-23-03 10:40 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Atlanta Chapter of the Recording Academy to Honor Chuck Leavell of the Rolling Stones at the 3rd Annual Heroes Awards in Atlanta on April 1, 2004

Don't worry, just look at the date. The rest must be lies too .