ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Can Keith play "Hot Stuff"? Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-21-03 03:24 PM
morocco I have never seen the Stones live but I get the feeling that Keith can only play slower stuff and power chords. It doesn't seem like he could handle a fast, complicated guitar rhythm like the one on Hot Stuff.

It seems to me that Keith mainly poses onstage and lets other guitarists play the harder stuff. He just doesn't seem like a deft guitarist.

12-21-03 03:36 PM
SHINE A LIGHT rubbish!! keith is THE guitar god.
12-21-03 03:57 PM
glencar I heard "Hot Stuff" from the Palais Royale" & I thought it sounded good.
12-21-03 03:58 PM
Moonisup keith rarely plays chord nowadays, just look at Respectable from FF disc 4, there you miss the powerfull chords!
12-21-03 04:35 PM
morocco Can I possibly get an intelligent response here?
12-21-03 04:39 PM
Moonisup
quote:
morocco wrote:
Can I possibly get an intelligent response here?

well you could read me response of stick your head in the sand,
or just don't react if you don't understand my answer and still think Keith is GOD
[Edited by Moonisup]
12-21-03 05:01 PM
Soldatti Amen...
12-21-03 05:24 PM
BILL PERKS MORONS HAVE OVERRUN THIS BOARD.
12-21-03 05:36 PM
Moonisup
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
MORONS HAVE OVERRUN THIS BOARD.

because they can't type anything without capslock?
12-21-03 06:12 PM
sandrew Keith only plays chords in open-G nowadays. I'm hard-pressed to think of any time recently where he played, for more than a few bars, rhythm guitar in standard tuning.

I don't think he's incapable by any stretch. I think he plays that way because he can - because there's so much back-up support and schmutz onstage with the core Stones.

The only way you'll ever get the Keith of '81 back is if you reduce the instrumentation to a level where Keith and Ronnie have to PLAY their freakin' guitars and not just 'comp with piddly little rhythm licks.
12-21-03 06:28 PM
morocco That's pretty sad when Keith Richards no longer plays the great guitar on Stones songs. Can he get any more uncool?

He seems to think it's admirable to see a prematurely old man drinking whiskey, smoking, and doing drugs. Kewl.
[Edited by morocco]
12-21-03 06:54 PM
Mr. D Hey morocco, why don't you see the stones live. Then you can judge whether keith is cool or not. He may not be as great a guitarist has he was in the 70's, but he's still the definition of cool. And if you can sit here on this board and say that keith is uncool, then get off, and do it fast.
12-21-03 06:58 PM
morocco
quote:
Mr. D wrote:
And if you can sit here on this board and say that keith is uncool, then get off, and do it fast.

I think he's uncool; he looks awful. I think he lost his looks when he fell face first and broke his nose.
12-21-03 07:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
morocco wrote:
That's pretty sad when Keith Richards no longer plays the great guitar on Stones songs. Can he get any more uncool?

They are recordings. Keith still plays the great guitar on the great Stones recordings/songs. Nothing lasts forever especially fingers. Or maybe the Stones should fire him? Hire some younger pirate guitar slinger. Hell Johnny Winter's been playing sitting down. Getting old sucks but I'd rather have these guys suck than quit.
12-21-03 07:03 PM
morocco
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Hell Johnny Winter's been playing sitting down. Getting old sucks but I'd rather have these guys suck than quit.

These guys didn't "get old." They drank and drugged themselves to the point of uselessness. Keith still thinks it's cool every time he tipples a bottle of whiskey. He should get a clue.
12-21-03 07:04 PM
glencar How childish. Is this Tysteel?
12-21-03 07:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
morocco wrote:
These guys didn't "get old." They drank and drugged themselves to the point of uselessness. Keith still thinks it's cool every time he tipples a bottle of whiskey. He should get a clue.

Depends on how one defines "uselessness" I suppose. Johnny Winter is far from useless. How do you or I know what Keith thinks is kool? He'll pay up on Judgement Day just like we all will. I don't know why you're being so hard on him.
12-21-03 08:29 PM
SHINE A LIGHT so timely......i was talking with some folks last night at stonesplace ABOUT MESSAGE BOARDS!! it seemed to be the common thought that message boards CAN be fine, but they do tend to draw out those who need to spew vile remarks about anyone/anything. today's "hate du jour" is keith. tomorrow it will be the next guy.
no one has time for this type of unkindness.....isn't this the season to wish all people well???
i'm out of words.
12-22-03 12:21 AM
BILL PERKS Morons have overrun this board.
12-22-03 02:45 AM
FotiniD I don't understand some people. It seems to me there are certain people that all they do is keep nagging. What's your problem guys? I've noticed the Keith-hate threads too. So what, all of a sudden his playing bothers you, his press statements bother you, his attitude bothers you. So why the heck do you still bother YOURSELF with him? I think it's just attention craving or post-tour boredom, I really can't find any other excuse for such posts.

I don't think that Keith is God (ok, maybe just for the good sound of it ) but I just find all this sudden Keith-attack really appaling and rather illogical. Find something to do guys, for crying out loud! And give the guy a break! I'd like to see how any of you would turn out today, if you'd been in his shoes! It's so damn easy to be cynical and oh-so-ironical from a safe distance!

And it's Christmas time, supposedly...
12-22-03 05:14 AM
glencar Next they'll be attacking Charlie...
12-22-03 05:59 AM
morocco Keith Richards is a hard rock superstar and therefore is fair game for any kind of criticism- especially on a Rolling Stones message board.

I feel that Keith is getting away with murder onstage these days. He poses rather than plays.

Let me ask again: Do you think that Richards could actually play the rhythm guitar to a Stones song like Hot Stuff? And if not, don't you think that's due to laziness and dissipation?
[Edited by morocco]
12-22-03 08:20 AM
gimmekeef Morocco, please attend at least one show before you pass yourself off as an expert.The only thing old here is people like you stirring up the pot.You are entitled to your opinion but please keep it to yourself!
12-22-03 08:28 AM
SirMuddy Ok..... Full of rubbish on this thread...
Love you Voodoo Gazza & Co!

Morrocco & Co: WAKE UP! The 60's are over...
Keith Richards will always be great for what he done
and what he do: Listen & Look to FOUR FLICKS!

Monkey Man (for complicated riffs)
Can't you hear me knocking (for feeling)
Doo doo doo doo doo doo... (for the joint)
Nearness of you (for Jah)
Wild Horses (10 strings guitar)
No expectations (look at him back Jagger)
Satisfaction-Jumping Jack Flash, Twickenham: (Holy Grail)

MSG - Twickenham & Olympia: 3 absolute answers to ones who think that Keith cannot play...
If you still thinking that after it...
You're not living on earth.

Look at Keith on every second of four flicks
the guy's having fun touring & play guitar...
Gypsy Keith is Happy...

btw, I'm a better player than Keith... specially on 5 strings!.... And I still wanna hear him play...
Play me cocaine blues Keith!
I still wanna catch the feeling, the smell of it...
Anybody can play G D C
But when Keith play it, it's more... human, more true.

Thanks God for Keith Richards & his new Godspell: 4 FLICKS!

If you don't like Four Flicks you cannot really like the Stones.
Stop living in the past!
Keith is no God, but he gave us a glimpse of paradise...
Let him play what he want...
I don't wanna hear Keith play like in the 70's no more
(We got CD for it)
I wanna know where he is going,
I wanna hear Keith Here & Now...

Shut up.... Wild Horses ringing... :P
12-22-03 08:33 AM
SirMuddy One more for Morocco...
cuz you cannot read between lines:

YES HE STILL CAN PLAY HOT STUFF

Listen Philadephia Tower 2002 Version
or the one's from Toronto...

and BTW Hot Stuff is fucking easy...
if you still have problem with it Morroco,
Ask Keith, he'll teach you!

Jah bless ya (and light you a bit) :P
12-22-03 11:46 AM
Mr T yeah, that's not a complicated riff at all
12-22-03 11:56 AM
SHINE A LIGHT hey morocco......PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE GO TO A LIVE STONES' SHOW.......then come back and gripe about the roadies. i hear they're terrible people,too.?????
12-22-03 12:02 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
morocco wrote:
I have never seen the Stones live but I get the feeling that Keith can only play slower stuff and power chords. It doesn't seem like he could handle a fast, complicated guitar rhythm like the one on Hot Stuff.

It seems to me that Keith mainly poses onstage and lets other guitarists play the harder stuff. He just doesn't seem like a deft guitarist.

Other guitarists? Like Woody? Oh please.

No, Keith doesn't tear it up like back in the early 70's. So what? The man CAN play just fine. I saw a Licks show last year and he was in fine form. He's 60 fuckin' years old. Give him a break!

This Keith bashing is getting really old, really fast..
12-22-03 03:11 PM
glencar I think we've beat down the Keith-basher. Probably never show his lil pointy head again.
12-22-03 04:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Next they'll be attacking Charlie...

Yeah, why doesn't he dye his hair like the rest of the band?

Page: 1 2