ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Al Gore Jr. busted for pot Return to archive
12-21-03 08:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Al Gore's Son Arrested for Pot Possession

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON - The son of former vice president and 2000 Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore has been charged with marijuana possession.

Albert A. Gore III, 21, was arrested Friday night after he was stopped for driving a vehicle without its headlights on.

Two passengers were also arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. They were identified as Yann V. Kumin, 21, and Marc G. Hordon, 22, both of Cambridge, Mass.

A Montgomery County, Md., police officer stopped the car, a dark-colored Cadillac, in Bethesda, a Washington suburb, around 11:30 p.m. Friday.

The officer noticed the car's windows and sunroof were open, despite cold temperatures Friday night. There was also a smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle, according to a news release from the police department.

A search of the vehicle turned up a partial marijuana cigarette, a cigarette box containing suspected marijuana, and a soft drink can that also smelled of marijuana.

All three were released pending trial.

In September 2002, the younger Gore was ticketed for driving under the influence. He was pulled over and ticketed by military police just outside Fort Myer in suburban Virginia, but was not taken into custody.

In the summer of 2000, Gore was cited by the North Carolina Highway Patrol for driving 97 mph in a 55-mph zone. Under an agreement with prosecutors, a reckless driving charge was dropped in the North Carolina case, but he was fined &dol;125 for speeding and his driving privileges in the state were suspended.
12-21-03 08:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Damn, where did his parents go wrong? Perhaps his mom and dad didn't screen his recordings properly when he was a kid.

(but then again all kidding aside, I don't think anyone should be arrested for that...another reason to vote libertarian
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12-21-03 01:14 PM
glencar While I agree with your pot position, this young Gore should reconsider ever driving again. He's an obvious menace.
12-21-03 04:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
this young Gore should reconsider ever driving again. He's an obvious menace.

Yeah. This younger generation think they can get away with anything. What's the matter with today's youth? When I was a kid we (or at least the crowd I hung out with) used drugs responsibly and in moderation.
12-21-03 04:25 PM
glencar We did stupid things back then. Maybe getting nailed is the best thing for Jr.
12-21-03 05:42 PM
Factory Girl He's a kid. Rock on little A. Gore. Don't be stupid again.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!
12-21-03 05:57 PM
stonedinaustralia on the subject of the US and its pot laws and i watched an interesting video over the weekend called "grass" - narrated by woody harrelson (i think that's how it's spelled)...anyway it was quite good, both amusing and informative and if you get the chance and are interested take a look

intersting point that early pot laws were as much about controlling mexicans as they were about controlling drugs

question, in how many states in the us is simple possession and cultivation for personal use decriminalized...what is the situation in the mexico UK and europe??

here (south australia)both of the above are decriminalzed to a certain degree- if busted you get a ticket although the rise of hydroponic equipment has meant they've had to tinker with the rules when it comes to how many plants you can grow and how you grow them...there's still a lot of double standards and confusd thinking e.g. you can grow one plant and not get convicted but if you have more than 100 grams of dried hemp in your possession you will be prosecuted...i guess they want people to just harvest their plants little by little - (which is impractical and unrealistic) -one decent plant yields a lot more than 100 grams)...anyway, it just demonstrates a lack of understanding about the whole thing or at least a failure to properly think the legislation through
12-21-03 06:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
question, in how many states in the us is simple possession and cultivation for personal use decriminalized...what is the situation in the mexico UK and europe??

I'm not exactly sure about here in Maine. Possesion of a certain amount is decriminalized. As far as growing I haven't a clue, I don't think you can grow any. Every year they fly around in helicopters and try to bust people. I quit smoking it about 20 years ago, so I don't follow it all that closely. However, I don't agree with decriminalization laws. I suppose it's the right direction though but it only helps gangsters. It should be legal...flat out. Hemp clothing has alot longer life than cotton. The criminalization of marijuana is sheer lunacy.
12-21-03 06:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Rock on little A. Gore. Don't be stupid again.

Yeah...don't get caught. That is unforgivable.
12-21-03 08:08 PM
littleredrooster AND, If his father didn't invent the Internet.......
we couldn't all be able to comment about this bust!
12-21-03 08:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
AND, If his father didn't invent the Internet.......
we couldn't all be able to comment about this bust!

Well maybe not the internet, but one has to admit that Al Gore 3 is decsended from a long line of tobacco farmers.
Tennessee is a great state, tobacco farmers, moonshiners and the Grand Ol' Opry. Gotta love 'em.
12-22-03 12:20 AM
riffhard64 Did he inhale????............Legalize it already!
12-22-03 08:20 AM
Factory Girl Legalizing it should be Howard Dean's election platform...lol
12-22-03 10:32 AM
nankerphelge SIA -- you can find out all the state-by-state statistics at NORML's site. It varies considerably from state to state. With only limited exceptions -- Oregon comes to mindf -- states have not loosened up on either possession or cultivation.

Here in Virginia, you can get the death penalty for even talking about it!
12-22-03 10:42 AM
telecaster Runs in the family. A buddy of mine worked the sky box at the Dem Convention in Chicago in '96. Tipper had him fill her 7-UP can with vodka for when she was shown on TV

12-22-03 03:14 PM
glencar Tipsy Tipper? Yowza!
12-22-03 10:08 PM
JaggaRichards Al Gore invented the nickel bag
12-23-03 10:18 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Legalizing it should be Howard Dean's election platform...lol

Legalization IS on the Libertarian platform.
12-23-03 06:12 PM
sammy davis jr. Tipper's a PIG.....and has a dog's name to boot.....