ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stonesplace....WOW..... Return to archive
12-21-03 01:04 AM
SHINE A LIGHT tonight i went to stonesplace to see/ hear bernard and blondie. first, allow me to correct something....it had been reported elsewhere that pierre de beauport would be there. well, he's on vacation in the south of france!!! bernard told me this.

the show was GREAT. and that is saying the least!! the band was at its best,doing stones' songs.....some older ones, some new ones. blondie was purely fantastic while bernard sang his heart out. it is so obvious that they love toronto.

jerry stone was, as usual, just plain terrific. we've been friends for many years,but he made everyone feel at home.

what a way to celebrate keith's birthday......freezing in toronto, while keith soaks up the sun in the islands!!!! sorry, just joking.....it was a wonderful night out with "stones people".
[Edited by SHINE A LIGHT]
12-21-03 12:36 PM
SHINE A LIGHT PLEASE NOTE: i forgot something important in my first post about stonesplace! there were many people there who use THIS SITE ONLY and were quite disappointed that the event was not "ADVERTISED" more here. they had to hear about it through the grapevine. but they made the long trip just to be there.
perhaps next time, iorr could help the fans who use this site only.....afterall, the party was for everyone. ok? thanks.
12-21-03 02:58 PM
Lazy Bones Shine A Light, a good friend of mine (Toronto Tom) sent me some pics of the evening as I couldn't attend. If you'd like me to forward them to you, PM me your email address.
12-21-03 03:30 PM
glencar What's Mick up to these days?
12-21-03 03:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey Lazy Bones, Toronto Tom himself posted one photo and sent us a couple, they are posted in the "Keith turns 60" thread but here they are again.

I already received yours and I will upload them soon.

12-21-03 05:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well I sent the locations of the images to Lazy Bones, but seems that he's gone for a Lazy Sunday ;D

Here are some pix, hope someone can help to identify who is on each, as pointed above all by Toronto Tom, well except those with him on the picture

Well, I know... this is Stonesdoug, Toronto Tom and a friend

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
12-21-03 05:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Two questions:

1.- Setlist?
2.- IN addition to Blondie and Bernard, who else was playing with them?
12-21-03 06:31 PM
Stonesdoug
From Stones fan in TO
played on the 18th and the 20th, but not necessarily in this order

Love In Vain - dedicated to Keith
She Was Hot -
She's So Cold
Dance Little Sister
Sparks Will Fly
Wild Horses
Dear Doctor -
Cherry Oh Baby -
Crazy Mama
Street Fighting Man
JJF -
You Got Me Rocking
The Worst just Blondie and Bernard

Extras on the 20th
Little Red Rooster - fantastic version!!!!
Starfucker
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
12-21-03 08:19 PM
SHINE A LIGHT yes, that's it. the 20th was great.....i know one person in the pics from the 18th....big al, a really great guy.

the entire thing as taped by the stones' guys and of course, many fans were taping also.

to lazy bones, thanks for your offer.....i'll see what i can get from the pro guys,then i'll get back to you. thanks again.
12-21-03 08:54 PM
SHINE A LIGHT oh.vood. i forgot the other part of your question.....who else was playing. well,kindly forgive me, i don't know their names, but all the others were from canada!! the drummer was a-mazing. oh yeah!!!

jerry was selling t-shrts for the night......very good price, too. three different varieties....my husband and i got the black ones. jerry does things up right.

one complaint from bernard....when i asked him how he's been keeping busy in toronto, he said "tryin' to keep warm". good point.
12-22-03 10:42 AM
Lazy Bones Lol, Gerardo...I'd take a lazy Sunday over a busy Sunday anyday! Thanks for posting the pics and especially to Tom for taking and sending them.

Cheers!
12-22-03 11:11 AM
Stonesdoug I forgot--they also played "Might As Well Get Juiced"--Bernard said --"Well, there's a song the Stone's have never tried!"---I said yes they did, at MSG, and then he said 'Well they've only done it once"
12-22-03 02:26 PM
steel driving hammer Tree the Fucker you Bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-22-03 02:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I agree steelie... what a set what a set
12-22-03 02:39 PM
jb Did anyone ask Bernard or Blondie about pending tours or did you pussy out?
12-22-03 03:04 PM
glencar Maybe those guys'll tour & leave the Stones alone? Yeah!
12-22-03 04:22 PM
SHINE A LIGHT yes, i did. here's the deal......new songs are being written now-ish. they are planning to go into the studio in mid-end jan.2004. they are planning a north/south american tour starting in sept. 2004.
12-22-03 04:23 PM
glencar Funny you didn't post that earlier...
12-22-03 04:25 PM
jb Good for you SAL...atleast you aint no pussy.
12-22-03 04:26 PM
glencar I'm more concerned with her honesty.
12-22-03 05:26 PM
SHINE A LIGHT thanks jb......yeah i have no problem talking with those guys! they are really nice people.....blondie required help with his water (some jerk kicked it over, so i placed it where i could easily hand it to him)......for the night i was blondes' "water girl". he trusts me......there were others out there trying to hand him drinks, he kindly declined. you gotta be careful, there are always the crazies who will slip something terrible into a drink.

for those who don't know, blondes has trouble seeing while on stage,hence the "squinching" and the seeming lack of friendliness.
12-22-03 05:40 PM
CousinCocaine Excuse the question. I've been away some days.
What kind of room is this? Looks like an old fashion Stones-partyroom.
And as a drummer I'd like to know who did the drumming?
Did anyone record this?

CC
12-22-03 06:58 PM
SHINE A LIGHT hi, c.cocaine.....do you mean stonesplace?? well, it's an old mansion turned into a "stones museum". there are many areas.....sitting rooms, billiards room,MANY (too many to count) ronnie wood pieces of art on the walls, every news article on the stones known to man...all framed and on the walls,beautiful statuary (think of a classic english garden),and a bar with the small stage in front of the bar.oh yeah, framed guitars from the band, gold records from the band.....you name it, jerry has it.

as for the drummer, i very much apologise but i don't know his name. great big guy, wonderful drummer. he's from canada. did that help???

i forgot to add about the taping....yes, it's been taped.both professionally and by many fans. i'm sure something will turn up soon.
[Edited by SHINE A LIGHT]
12-22-03 07:36 PM
Lambchop I am drinking too much and am now starting to shake. I suspect this is not good?
12-22-03 08:09 PM
Lazy Bones

Here I am with a wonderful, autographed Christmas gift from (Toronto) Tom! Wish I could have been there.

Thanks, Tom.