ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How about Keith opening a club show? Return to archive
12-20-03 05:06 PM
Flashpoint The Stones always try different things for their following tour...i think this could be a nice idea..just for some club shows...
Intro music...lights off and....Happy (Or Little T&A?)

I think of this when i realised Keith played Happy in 73...3rd song of the show isn't it?
12-20-03 05:24 PM
glencar A terrible idea. It's good to mix it up but nothing is better than having Mick stroll purposefully onto the stage.
12-20-03 05:39 PM
caro I don't think I would like it either... Mick is just more straight-forward, which is great to start a show.
12-21-03 10:39 PM
voodoopug I would like to see them shock us with a non hot rocks opener.....something like Hold on to your Hat, Have you seen your mother baby?, or Flight 505
12-22-03 03:32 PM
glencar Have You Seen... would be a great opener! I just heard a live version of it this morning.
12-22-03 03:39 PM
Pattie
They should do a duet, Mick and Keef, they should write a great stones song and sing it as a duet! that would make me happy, and they should hug (or kiss) at the end!!
12-22-03 03:43 PM
glencar They did. Sweethearts Together. They made out in the studio at the end.
12-22-03 08:54 PM
Mr T with Keith's voice getting worse the only reason he still sings at all is to give Mick a break in the middle of the show. still, I always thought Happy would be good for a first encore. Maybe next tour they should give Keith non-consecutive songs to make the set more interesting
12-23-03 04:58 AM
Pattie
That one doesn't count
12-23-03 11:30 AM
quackenbush It would be a good idea for Keith to open a show, if he could play with the ferocity of a younger Keith. He's a bit more laid back today. And when he performs his own songs, his fingers grace his cigarettes more often than the guitar slung around his neck.
12-23-03 11:46 AM
jb Oh please,,,,1/2 the audience go for a piss and the other 1/2 asks "Who is this?" when Keith plays his set...Moreover, his set totally destroys the momentum of the show as the ballads are awful and even "Happy" has become a "slow" #....
12-23-03 12:54 PM
glencar I actually like the Keith break. I did get tired of "Slipping Away" but that was overfamiliarization. "The Nearness of You" was the thrill of a lifetime.
12-23-03 01:31 PM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:
Oh please,,,,1/2 the audience go for a piss and the other 1/2 asks "Who is this?" when Keith plays his set...Moreover, his set totally destroys the momentum of the show as the ballads are awful and even "Happy" has become a "slow" #....

Then go take a piss JB. In Milan, he got people chanting his name non-stop and then we were all singing with him. The guy delivers his songs with soul, and if that doesn't matter and instead you want a heads-down play-the-riff-and-go, well...

GOD, is this Keith bashing week?!?!?!?!
12-23-03 01:31 PM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:
Oh please,,,,1/2 the audience go for a piss and the other 1/2 asks "Who is this?" when Keith plays his set...Moreover, his set totally destroys the momentum of the show as the ballads are awful and even "Happy" has become a "slow" #....

Then go take a piss JB. In Milan, he got people chanting his name non-stop and then we were all singing with him. The guy delivers his songs with soul, and if that doesn't matter and instead you want a heads-down play-the-riff-and-go, well...

GOD, is this Keith bashing week?!?!?!?!
12-23-03 01:32 PM
glencar With Joshy, it's Keith-bashing year. Ignore him, my Italian friend; it's best that way.
12-23-03 07:02 PM
Mr. D I just started to post here and all iv'e seen is keith bash after keith bash. Is this a new trend or something, or has this been going one for awhile?
12-25-03 09:46 AM
quackenbush I think most of us who bash Keith, bash him because we love him, oddly enough. At least, on this board. I wish he would just stop posing and play the freaking guitar; he says he's a guitar player doesn't he?
12-25-03 10:23 AM
FotiniD
quote:
quackenbush wrote:
I wish he would just stop posing and play the freaking guitar; he says he's a guitar player doesn't he?

I think Keith proved in this tour that he DOES play good guitar, apart from all the posing. And why on earth does Keith's posing seem to bother people so much? I LOVE it I mean, can you picture him just sitting down, hands and eyes on guitar only, no face expressions, no arms flying in the air... Nightmare I like his moves almost as much as I like his playing.

And by the way, why am I sitting in front of my PC screen on Christmas day? Couldn't keep away! Merry Christmas again guys!