ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Mrs. and Mr. Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily!
The new Maxlette is here! b. January 1st, 2003 11:21 A.M. EST

Art by Drew Friedman spoiled by a dirty voodoo boy working for the company!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: His Satanic Majesty Regrets... (Sunday Times) Return to archive
12-29-02 10:43 AM
Gazza December 29, 2002

His Satanic Majesty regrets...
Richard Brooks

AS a new batch of knights waits to be unveiled in the New Year honours, Buckingham Palace has revealed that Sir Mick Jagger has failed to turn up to be dubbed by the Queen since being given his title six months ago.
�We�ve still not heard back from Jagger about when he might come,� said a dismayed palace official.

A spokesman for the Rolling Stones� frontman said that �tax considerations�, together with Jagger�s �touring commitments�, meant he would not be calling at the palace until October next year at the earliest.

The singer can spend no more than 90 nights a year in Britain if he wants to retain his status as an overseas earner and ensure that his annual income � estimated at �24.5m � largely escapes the taxman.

Jagger, 59, has been touring with the Stones for much of the past few months. But the tour finished in late November and he was pictured shopping in Bond Street this month. He has since flown to Mustique.

�Mick did come to Britain in December but it was to buy some Christmas presents,� explained his spokesman.

Jagger�s friends were said to have lobbied for his knighthood. �It speaks of a certain cynicism to me that he has not been able to go to the palace,� said Robert Lacey, the royal writer.

12-29-02 10:56 AM
Fiji Joe Great Mick! Screw the Taxman!
12-29-02 12:15 PM
Monkey Woman In a way, it's refreshing to see that Mick is still able to piss off the guys at the palace. Funny thing is, the Royal Writer seems to discover just now His Mickness's cynicism!
Of course, he's a cynic. He wouldn't have lasted that long if he wasn't. Go on, Mick! Make the nobs beg you to come to their little feast!

But it's an interesting tidbit of news. It looks like Mick had the opportunity this month to pop in at Buckingham Palace, kneel a sec and get dubbed. But he didn't. Tax problems? Maybe. He would probably have needed to stay in Britain a day or two longer than expected.

But on the other hand, he knew about the knighthood since June. He had plenty of time to make an appointment with the Queen and go to the jewellers on the same day.

Or is it possible that he's having second thoughts about the knighthood, after Keith's flaming reactions? Maybe. Or it may be some sort of deal between the Glimmer Twins: if Mick keeps a low profile on the subject, Keith refrains from giving him a hard time for it...

Whatever. There are many knights but only one Mick Jagger. Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord.
12-29-02 06:12 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Gazza wrote:
�It speaks of a certain cynicism to me that he has not been able to go to the palace,� said Robert Lacey, the royal writer.

i disagree with THAT statement. its all in the chase for the "jagster", i think. consider how bad he wanted it, now he's snubbing it. i mean, he does the same thing with his women. relentlessly chases them down, once he has them he throws them out with yesterday's garbage. based on his personality, this is really no surprise and certainly not a sign of cynicism either its just the jagster doing his "thang".
[Edited by Jaxx]
12-29-02 07:06 PM
nankerphelge You know it Jaxxy -- the chase is it for Mick!

He's just gonna git it!!
12-29-02 07:35 PM
Jaxx isn't that the premier thrill of any relationship? the chase. it keeps the possibilites still "out there", ya know?
12-29-02 07:56 PM
nankerphelge I have no idea what you are referring to!

(And man did you get me good!)
12-29-02 10:33 PM
MP ...it's that knife Keef's got poised at his throat....