ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Mrs. and Mr. Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily!
The new Maxlette is here! b. January 1st, 2003 11:21 A.M. EST

Art by Drew Friedman spoiled by a dirty voodoo boy working for the company!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Hives Lead Singer Return to archive
12-28-02 10:41 AM
AgentMomo maybe this has been said before but is it just or does he remind you of Mick?
12-28-02 11:09 AM
Soul Survivor Yes. He tries to steal 'the early Micks' dance moves, and the 'early micks' hair. Get a look of your own buddy, this one was used about 35 years ago.
12-28-02 11:20 AM
Sir Stonesalot So noone can have a moptop anymore?

You should be thankful that there are contemporary bands out there paying homage to the Stones.

You know, there is only so much you can do with hair. Pretty hard for EVERYONE that has ever been to have a different haircut.

And just because Pelle has a spastic style of dancing, doesn't mean he lifted it from Mick. The style of music lends itself toward spaz dancing.

Now, if the dude come out for the next video, dressed in football pants, kneepads, and wearing a green #12 jersey....then you got something to bitch about.
12-28-02 11:23 AM
Soul Survivor Your right. You opened my eyes

But the football thing, I dont care what anyone says, that was fruity.
12-28-02 11:24 AM
gypsy Oh, SS, Pelle is such a fucking poser...just admit it! Or are you kinda sweet on Pelle?
12-28-02 11:25 AM
Soul Survivor Can't argue with that..........now that I see someone agrees with me!
12-28-02 11:29 AM
Sir Stonesalot Of course Pelle is a poser!

ALL frontmen are posers. It's what they do. You telling me Mick doesn't pose?

And yes Soulie, the "81 football get up was completely gay. I think it was Mick's way of poking fun at American jock culture.
12-28-02 11:30 AM
Soul Survivor
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
And yes Soulie, the "81 football get up was completely gay. I think it was Mick's way of poking fun at American jock culture.

It better have been!
Damn
12-28-02 11:31 AM
gypsy Okay. Well, let me re-word it then. Pelle needs to develop his own fucking style. I mean he's got Mick's looks and moves down to a fuckin' "T."
12-28-02 11:35 AM
Soul Survivor Right On!

They already had a big hit (It would be their Satisfaction) in "Hate To Say I Told You So". So, we can expect a drug bust soon. Then they will create "Hives Records". Then they will go disc, etc.......
12-28-02 11:41 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, Pelle and about 400 other fucking frontmen. So what is your point? At least he had the good sense to pick someone GOOD to emmulate!

There are no more "styles" anymore, at least not cool styles. All the good styles have been taken. All the rest of the ding dongs "doing our own thang" just look like idiots. IE big pants and backwards ball hats, or the Village People Leatherguy look....Rock music is gonna turn 50. It's pretty hard to come up with something that hasn't already been done in 50 years.

12-28-02 11:45 AM
Soul Survivor So are you saying it's ok to just give up and be someone else?
12-28-02 11:50 AM
gypsy SS, you're completely overlooking Nelly, who has started his own new trend w/ the band-aid on the cheek. That is pure genius!
12-28-02 11:55 AM
Sir Stonesalot Who gave up?

He found something that works for them, that worked for someone else....BIG FUCKING DEAL! It happens everyday, in every walk of life!

The Stones did the same thing with Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters, short of actually using brown shoe polish and pasting steel wool on their heads.

12-28-02 11:57 AM
gypsy Dude, get off Pelle's nutsack already...it's sickening.
12-28-02 12:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey, I'd stick up for the guy even if I didn't like the Hives.

I don't see the point in singling Pelle out from all the other wannas.

I mean, usually, when someone says, "Hey, that guy reminds me of Mick Jagger.", it's considered a good thing...yet with this clown it's a travesty?

I don't get it.
12-28-02 12:48 PM
gypsy One of my closest friends looks exactly like Mick Jagger, and it's really not a good thing. He's not a rock star a la Mick. "It's all about the Benjamins."<---straight from the mouth of P. fuckin' Diddy.
12-28-02 12:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh, the Ben Fs..yeah. Pelle doesn't have any of those...he has a big pile of those "Euros".

Damn Monopoly money.
12-28-02 03:00 PM
Staffan
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh, the Ben Fs..yeah. Pelle doesn't have any of those...he has a big pile of those "Euros".

Damn Monopoly money.

You know what, SS? Pelle and all other Swedes don't have the Euro (I'm very glad for that) - we still have the krona, the Swedish Crown.

It is hard for people to market their music, and therefore they must do something "odd" to be noticed.
It was the same with the Stones, as you said, and I believe what Andrew Oldham did to the band helped them A LOT in their efforts to become big...