ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Mrs. and Mr. Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily!
The new Maxlette is here! b. January 1st, 2003 11:21 A.M. EST

Art by Drew Friedman spoiled by a dirty voodoo boy working for the company!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pittsburgh Survivors Guide Return to archive
12-28-02 02:39 AM
Highwire Rob I was planning on typing up a brief visitors guide of Pittsburgh sites, pubs, and Stonesian things-to-do before/after the concert. I'll do this in the coming week, although I'm a little embarrassed by our top Pittsburgh news story:

"Snack Feud Leads to Shooting
A Chalfant man was treated and released from Mercy Hospital after he was allegedly shot by his stepfather Christmas morning. Police have charged Steven Deere, 50, with shooting Matthew Renwick over an argument about a late night snack. Renwick reportedly wanted to make bacon and eggs, but Deere suggested he eat leftovers. Police said that led to the argument that ended when Deere allegedly shot Renwick in the shoulder with a nine-millimeter pistol." (Metro Networks, via AOL Local-Pittsburgh)

Don't you know the crime rate is going up, up, up, up, up. To live in this town you must be tough, tough, tough, tough, tough! Eat your Wheaties.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
12-28-02 12:50 PM
Martha Highwire Rob..that would be great. I'm working on making the show (will be traveling from Ohio)..although no tickets are available right now at TXbastard.

Where are you sitting?

By the way, is this the opener for leg two?

Hope to meet you at the show!
12-28-02 11:54 PM
Highwire Rob Martha,
Thanks for the kind post. Pittsburgh is the first concert of the second U.S. leg. Yes, I'm still working with TXbastard to get anything in Pittsburgh. I wouldn't have left it so late except for having only recently acquired new employment$. I've got the Amex in front of me so I'll keep plugging away.

My, those word verifications on TXbastard are starting to look sooooooo creative...like a game show...I just got the word "well" in sqiggly lines over a psychedelic blue background...how many words are there? graphic variants?, I ponder...who gets paid to enter all these in?...stupefying...I'm losing touch..must stay awake...must get ticket...TicketMaster speak to me....number nine number nine numb...

It sure would be cool to meet a fellow member of Rocks Off in this city. Here's to luck for us both!
12-29-02 12:27 AM
Martha Highwire Rob,

Glad to be meeting you and hope we both luck out and make the show..and meet in person...this is getting more exciting by the minute!!!!

Who's the opening act, by the way?

Yeah, I just ran into the "new" TXbastard menagerie..Holy Shit..I'm just glad I wasn't trying for a 10am on-sale and ran into that gobbledegook..would have thrown me off a minute or so...and that ain't the time to get thrown off. "New" and "improved" ain't always the case.

I got the words "bread". and "wish" and...I think "wait"...I too wondered who is typing it in..and who is gonna crack right through it??? Oh, the scalpers will...... undoubtedly.

I have really been enjoying reading your posts. I'm so glad that you made your way to Rocks Off.

Keep me posted on your success with nabbing a ticket...I'll do the same!

Now, Let's Rock!