ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Mrs. and Mr. Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily!
The new Maxlette is here! b. January 1st, 2003 11:21 A.M. EST

Art by Drew Friedman spoiled by a dirty voodoo boy working for the company!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who's Back in 2003?! Return to archive
12-27-02 05:15 PM
Street Fighting Man Spotted this post on Pete Townshend's site. Who back in 2003 according to Pete Townshend. Almost more like Page & Plant at this point in my mind, then the Who. BTW, if you like the Who, check out their DVD performance from the end of 2000 at the Royal Albert Hall - it rocks.

23 December 2002

Met with Roger last week - he had been traveling a fair bit and it was the first time we actually got to sit
and talk. We had a great lunch, and a very warm meeting.

The Who is now being courted by charity show organisers, and we are driven towards supporting our own
familiar charity events. We are also receiving tempting offers to play festivals, and enjoying the more
honest lure of having such a great band to call on whenever we feel like playing.

I am urging that we 'keep our eye on the ball'. What is the ball in question?

I think it must be to try to write some good pieces (I hesitate to say 'songs' in case people think I have
ceased to be pretentious) for a new album. I believe it is a tough time to write new music. Even younger
musicians I speak to feel burdened by what has gone before.

Anyway, I have never written quickly. I don't know how long it will take. Expect some new music to arrive in
about a year, maybe later. But if I write 15 good pieces, and 10 of them make it to a new CD, we will
probably find that only 2 or 3 of them will stand comparison on stage with our old hits. So - doubtful as I
am that we will sell over a million records ever again - it will be a lot of work to achieve little when we look
back at our first 18 years.

I think it will be worth the time spent. I am very keen too to see Roger find some creative outlet on this
future Who recording. He is full of ideas, passion and energy - he bears quite a disturbed and serious view
of the world at the moment. If only I can persuade him to watch that ball.....