ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Mrs. and Mr. Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily!
The new Maxlette is here! b. January 1st, 2003 11:21 A.M. EST

Art by Drew Friedman spoiled by a dirty voodoo boy working for the company!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Wilson and the Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-27-02 01:41 AM
Cant Catch Me "Help Me Rhonda" is as fine a piece of teen romance pathos as any song ever written or performed by anybody.

And I just looove "Kokomo," speaking of Mike Love, who wrote it, surprisingly.
12-27-02 01:45 AM
Pants Make the Man Well, I said "Good Vibes" is greater than ANY single Beatles (Ruttles=Beatles) song. What more do you want? OK, how about: The Beatles never wrote a love song with a depth that could match "Don't Worry Baby" (The Stones have, though). "Michelle" sounds a bit insincere next to it ("Michelle, My belle/These are word's that go together well/My Michelle"-- Oh, man...)

It's: Lennon-McCartney
[Edited by Pants Make the Man]
12-27-02 01:52 AM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
"Help Me Rhonda" is as fine a piece of teen romance pathos as any song ever written or performed by anybody.

You kind of beat me to the punch.
12-27-02 07:43 AM
nankerphelge The Cordoba did indeed have rich Corinthian leather!!
And Nasty, I don't mean to be negative about the BBs -- they had their place. But I just never got into the music -- way too, well, beachy. The whole surfing, beach blanket bingo thing just wasn't my bag. I liked my rock & roll a bit more menacing and less harmonic. Keith took that guitar and found the resonant frequency of my balls!!! That's what I was lookin' for!
12-27-02 08:06 AM
egon i got a recording of the stones doing a beach boys song.
think it was "i get around"

anyone know when they recorded it and if they ever intended to put it on record?
12-27-02 08:22 AM
souldoggie I've got a couple of DJ copies of "I Get Around" by The Andrew Oldham Orchestra, on Parrot Records (US) somewhere around here. Th B side is a Four Seasons track. The 45 was pulled from the Oldham Orchestra LP "East Meets West". I think the release date was 64 or early 65. Big fuzz guitar going on if my memory serves me well.
12-27-02 10:19 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Martha wrote:

I actually prefer to tan in the buff.....

That will do, in (or for) a pinch.

Just put on "Warmth of the Sun", take off all your clothes, sit in front of the speakers, and you're there!

quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
"Help Me Rhonda" is as fine a piece of teen romance pathos as any song ever written or performed by anybody.

And I just looove "Kokomo," speaking of Mike Love, who wrote it, surprisingly.

Let me just add to your accolades, CCM. You are indeed a very interesting new addition to our family! There is a great deal of raw power in your posts. Not even I would dare cop to liking Kokomo on Rocks Off!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
12-27-02 02:57 PM
Cant Catch Me Shit, I didn't even realize that it might be uncool, but if it is it's just because it was on the soundtrack to that Tom Cruise movie. Otherwise, it's a perfectly lovely tune! Makes me dance to the beat of the living dead, lose sleep baby and stay away from bed.
12-27-02 03:06 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
Makes me dance to the beat of the living dead, lose sleep baby and stay away from bed.

Wow. I thought that was the Cramps. Beach Boys never kept me up after midnight.

Kokomo is a great tune, but those 80s synths make me weak in the ears.

12-27-02 03:09 PM
Maxlugar John Stamos shines on Kokomo!

Remember that chick that played his wife on his show? Lori Mc-something?

That was one cute piece of ass!

Nasty, you getting my emails?

I won't be ignored!
12-27-02 03:16 PM
Nasty Habits E mails, CDs, I get it all.

My bad on the no reply tip -- things are actually busy around here this season and I keep getting dragged out of the back room and important things like Rocks Off for dull, uninspiring business like selling and trading CDs and records.

Go figure.

Oh, by the way, did you get the memo about Ley Lines (apparently my earlier spelling is an archaic variation not accepted by modern new age types on account of it's "too Hawaiian") down in the Sitting on a Fence thread?

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
12-27-02 03:23 PM
Maxlugar Going there now!
12-28-02 01:36 AM
BeachBlonde First of all, I'd like everyone to show some compassion for Brian Wilson, as he is a mentally ill man, having been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. Having a family member with this disease, it is not something to laugh at.

Second, I am 19, and was pulled up on stage by Mike Love, and invited backstage with my parents afterwards. He is a very kind man, having exchanged emails, I know. So please don't judge people you don't know!
12-28-02 01:47 AM
Soul Survivor he's mentally ill?
12-28-02 02:52 AM
beer
quote:
BeachBlonde wrote:
First of all, I'd like everyone to show some compassion for Brian Wilson, as he is a mentally ill man, having been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. Having a family member with this disease, it is not something to laugh at.

Second, I am 19, and was pulled up on stage by Mike Love, and invited backstage with my parents afterwards. He is a very kind man, having exchanged emails, I know. So please don't judge people you don't know!

No way! Really? When you were backstage did he show you his woody?

http://www.woodywagon.com/40bb.htm
12-28-02 11:33 AM
Soul Survivor What the fuck is this!?!?

Put your journal on the net

One question, whose the loser that cares what you do everyday?
12-28-02 11:52 AM
gypsy Oh, Soulie, you would HAVE to read this journal to understand. It's comic value is priceless. If you're ever depressed, just read it. It's a fucking riot.
Page: 1 2