ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Mrs. and Mr. Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily!
The new Maxlette is here! b. January 1st, 2003 11:21 A.M. EST

Art by Drew Friedman spoiled by a dirty voodoo boy working for the company!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If You Had One Thing To Say To The Stones?! Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-21-02 08:45 AM
Street Fighting Man Let's say you had one big backstage opportunity to interact with the Stones - If you had one thing to say to the Stones what would it be?

I'd ask.......what specifically motivates you to keep going?
12-21-02 09:02 AM
F505 Would you please play Let it loose on this tour
12-21-02 09:23 AM
stonedinaustralia "...anybody seen my dope?"
12-21-02 10:28 AM
Moonisup i would say:

Cheers
12-21-02 10:54 AM
Sir Stonesalot To Mick, Keith...I'd say "Thank you for all of those wonderful songs. They have given me hour upon our of enjoyment, and for that I'm very appreciative."

To Charlie, I'd say, "Want a tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield?"

To Ronnie, I'd say, "Would you teach me to play guitar? I have a Les Paul, but I can only manage Louie Louie, and Wild Thing. Can you hook me up?"
12-21-02 10:57 AM
Fiji Joe Oh, I'd have to say..."mind if I have your sloppy seconds?"
12-21-02 11:14 AM
justforyou I'd be looking desperately bewildered and be unable to form a coherent sentence...

12-21-02 11:14 AM
sasca How about releasing the original albums, with the proper credits?
12-21-02 11:25 AM
Poplar Can I get a taste of that?
12-21-02 11:57 AM
marcus aurelianus I would say CONGRATULATIONS .

But I would add : less horns and piano ,please .It's much better than in 1997/99 . Get on .
12-21-02 12:38 PM
KeepRigid What the devil is this film all about?
12-21-02 12:39 PM
KeepRigid And also:

"Ronnie, where's my money from the Vargas fight?"
12-21-02 01:08 PM
padre "Hey Keith, great tour, but where's your daughters?"
12-21-02 01:09 PM
Martha
I'd put my hands in the praying mode look into their eyes and say thank you. I'd also blow kisses....and hug anyone that offered. If I had the time I'd thank Ronnie for the Header he gave Rocks Off and tell him that I love his artwork. I'd tell Keef he destroyed me at Ford Field with his stellar guitar playing that night...I'd tell Mick that he IS the cutest one of all (ass kissin' I know)..and I'd bow to Charlie and blow more kisses.

Now when do I get to do this exactly..this is a contest right????

Perhaps January 10th????
12-21-02 01:13 PM
telecaster [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:

To Charlie, I'd say, "Want a tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield?"

I would say thank you.

SSL: Gettysburg Battlefield? Damn, I did that tour
a couple of years ago. Amazing. 2 days and still not enough time.

Wonder if Charlie ever went there
12-21-02 01:26 PM
parmeda First off...someone would have to back-slap me to reality from the shock of being in their presence!
I would have to graciously take each one of them by the hand...I would need to feel the sources from which their talents are expelled from. Eye contact...is A MUST!!! along with simple 'thank you's'.

...and then, I WOKE UP!
12-21-02 01:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah the battlefield is really awe inspiring. I know Charlie likes to collect memorabilia and artifacts from the US civil war.

I'm lucky enough to live near the battlefield. I've spent a lot of hours tromping around it. When I was in the Boy Scouts, just a couple of years ago(LOL), we camped on McPherson's Ridge for a week. During that trip, we hiked over the entire battlefield. While climbing through the rocks of Devil's Den, I put my hand down on the ground to push myself up, and when I did, I put my hand right on a minnie ball. I took it to the Park Ranger that was with us, and he told me that I could keep it. From that moment on, I've had this....thing....about the civil war.

I think it would be a hoot showing Charlie around, giving him some background info about the field itself, and taking him to all the cool little shops and book stores. I think he'd have some serious fun. And it would be something he could do without being recognized.
12-21-02 01:54 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah the battlefield is really awe inspiring. I know Charlie likes to collect memorabilia and artifacts from the US civil war.

I think it would be a hoot showing Charlie around, giving him some background info about the field itself, and taking him to all the cool little shops and book stores. I think he'd have some serious fun. And it would be something he could do without being recognized.

He would love it, I have a strange feeling he has been there. Cool story on Devils Den. I love that place.
I hired a guide which was the best money I ever spent outside of Stones tickets and my divorce lawyer

Wheatfield, Pickets charge, highwater mark, damn that is an awesome place.

Only drawback-whats up with it being a dry town?!?!?

Next time I am bringing my own "Rebel Yell"
12-21-02 02:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot Next time, let me know you are going, and we can hook up.

Gettysburg itself is dry, but the surrounding townships aren't. I have a difficult time with that place if I'm not stoned though. It can be too intense. Gotta be mellow when I go there.

12-21-02 02:50 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Oh, I'd have to say..."mind if I have your sloppy seconds?"

Fiji Joe, I'm thrilled that you changed your photo back to the C9. That was taken while Maxmeister C10 was worshipping the porcelain god, which explains the miscount. In fact, it seems to me that there was never a time that all ten of us were together at the same time.

Tod Browning's "Freaks" is one of my favorite movies. The scene where the one pinhead is dancing on the table is very much like the time the C10 ate (drank?) lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe.
12-21-02 02:52 PM
Pants Make the Man "Thanks for keeping it real," or "Do you need somebody to do odd jobs around your house? A handy-man, if you will."
[Edited by Pants Make the Man]
12-21-02 03:07 PM
sasca Charlie visited the site during at least one of the Stones early US tours.
12-21-02 11:39 PM
FPM C10 Luckily, whenn I met Keith I actually got to say the thing I wanted to say: "Thank you."

Gettysburg is intense. I get what I call "the history rush" many places on the battlefield - where you're looking out over the actual ground where some of these individual actions (Pickett's Charge, Chamberlain's defense of Little Round Top, etc) took place and the hair raises up on the back of your neck. The place is crawling with ghosts.
12-21-02 11:41 PM
MP for bloody starters....."Hello"
12-22-02 05:11 PM
Highwire Rob If You Had One Thing To Say To The Stones?!

I'd ask them who killed the Kennedys? ....err...well...I guess they already answered that one.

Really, I'd just want to sit back in one of those comfy back-stage sofas with a vodka-and-orange, Guinness, or even a bottled water! and listen while thoroughly enjoying the presence!

--Rob.
12-22-02 05:23 PM
sirmoonie I think I'd try to impress on them how important it is, for so many reasons, that they start trying to work up and release material in "the vaults." And I'd volunteer to sit through thousands of hours of tapes finding the next "Start Me Up."

There's another Big Four in there and probably 4 or 5 Tattos. Keeps me up nights, knowing it may never get the proper treatment and see the light of day.
12-22-02 06:58 PM
JaggaRichards I'd ask Charlie if he was a Lee man or a Grant man.
And if he says Lee, I'd be bummed!
Then I'd ask Keith for a nip of Rebel Yell to calm me down.
12-22-02 07:01 PM
gypsy I'd ask them why they don't have Personal Umbrella Holders like P. Diddy.
12-22-02 11:07 PM
Soul Survivor I'd Ask Mick if he did the nasty with Bowie
12-22-02 11:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It would depend on my mood, first if the quation would be If You Had One Thing To ASK To The Stones?!

Probably:

Keith, Mick and Ronnie: Would you let your daughters marry a RocksOffer? Specially me?

Probably:

I recently (June 2001) asked Andrew Loog Oldham "Why did you fire Stu? How do you feel now? Was it a good decision or not?

Well, he told me this word by word "Gerardo, I did not fire Stu, that was not within my power to do. I just told the Stones that I did not think the English public, because that's all we were dealing with at the time, were capable of being sold an image factor that contained six people. If the band had said, "Andrew, you can't do that" then Stu would have stayed in the band.

What do you think? Please let me know more?

Also

Hey Keith Where's Theodora and Alexandra?
Hey Mick Where's Lizzie?
Hey Ronnie Where's Leah?

If You Had One Thing To Say To The Stones?!

Hey buddies Check Rocks Off you'll love it!

I have interviewed Mick Taylor twice, one for the TV and one for the Newspaper... I made a lot of questions! Next time it will be the boyz... I will do my best to reach that goal!
Page: 1 2